HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2010, 06:35 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,029 Posts
Help!
walkera ga005 charger

I just got a #38 tandem. I go charge the battery with the charger supplied. The red light turns on then when I plug in my battery It blinks what seems to be very fast. I waited two and a hlaf hours and nothing changed. the charger seems quite hot. I tried my buddies Esky charger which works fine....Is this normal operations for this charger? am I to anxious? How long should it take to charge a new battery?
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2010, 09:33 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhumormarc View Post
I just got a #38 tandem. I go charge the battery with the charger supplied. The red light turns on then when I plug in my battery It blinks what seems to be very fast. I waited two and a hlaf hours and nothing changed. the charger seems quite hot. I tried my buddies Esky charger which works fine....Is this normal operations for this charger? am I to anxious? How long should it take to charge a new battery?
First of all, the lipo pack that comes with the Walkera #38 is a 2S 2200mah and the Walkera GA005 balance charger has an output of 800mah. so that means if you are charging a fully discharged pack which would read 7.4V total (3.7V per cell x 2 cells in series) so the indicator LED would change from blinking red (which indicates charging to solid Green when the full charge pack voltage reaches which is 8.40 v ( 4.20V per cell x 2 cells) which will take from start to end approximately 2.75 hours to 3 hours for a 2200mah pack, .8AH charge rate is a very low .34C where virtually all Lipo packs can be charged at a charge rate of at least 1C which in the case your 2200 mah pack, that means you can charge it safely at up to 2200 mah rate which is 1C and would take approx. 1 hour for a fully discharged pack that size. that's why I use my digital hobby grade chargers to balance charge all my detachable lipo packs. The cheapo dumb chargers that are included with these RTF toy helis are just too slow and inefficient.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:22 AM
figuring it out...sort of!
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,029 Posts
Thats all I have for the moment. can you suggest a good charger? Thanks.
goodhumormarc is offline Find More Posts by goodhumormarc