HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2010, 08:02 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,817 Posts
Discussion
Any sign of True real time HD FPV gear....not secondary HD CAM ???!!

Hi

I'm still dreaming of the day that I can have a true real time HD FPV experience,,, and by that I mean I experience HD quality in my video goggles ...

So what do you suggest ..??!!. Shall I keep on dreaming .. or I have other options

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is online now Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Last edited by khaled_abobakr; Oct 09, 2010 at 08:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2010, 09:00 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,419 Posts
What HD googles do you have ?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Oct 09, 2010, 09:54 AM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,053 Posts
You can have 480p in head play, haha. Sorry
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Oct 09, 2010, 04:57 PM
Joined Nov 2006
4,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
What HD googles do you have ?
Nothing ... I have no FPV gear at all, but I'm fascinated by the recorded HD videos and I really hope I can experience something near that awesome HD quality in my video goggles while I'm flying , and not while I'm watching the recorded HD video when I get home ....

Khaled
Old Oct 09, 2010, 05:22 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
Nothing ... I have no FPV gear at all, but I'm fascinated by the recorded HD videos and I really hope I can experience something near that awesome HD quality in my video goggles while I'm flying , and not while I'm watching the recorded HD video when I get home ....

Khaled
Well.... since you say..... "I have no FPV gear at all" ......does that mean you have not experienced FPV at all?

... perhaps wearing "passenger goggles" and watching someone else fly FPV with their gear?

Really, SD video from a *good* security camera and displaying on standard res 640X480 video goggles, with a solid video link, can be pretty awesome!

The video's you see on YouTube and Vimeo of SD recordings, do NOT do justice to what you see in the goggles.

The live 640X480 video feed *can be* very clear and sharp.... if the FPV setup is done well.

Yes..... HD would be incredible to have "in the goggles"............

Don't hold your breath......
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Oct 09, 2010, 07:50 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Oct 2006
2,368 Posts
I agree, when you go from RCA analog format to digital mpeg4 or what ever the file type is then convert it to youtube or vimeo then display it on a website, it looses a lot of quality.

Here are some examples. Exactly the same flight, just two are screen shots of vimeo and two are the original mpeg4. It looks better in the goggles though. The RCA to Mpeg degrades the quality quite a bit.

Vtx's can only transmit in 640x480 but in a few years I am sure we will have security cameras with the resolution of gopro hero and transmitters the size of thumbnails that transmits 1080 to the moon and back
ziomatrixacs is offline Find More Posts by ziomatrixacs
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:14 AM
Near Saint Louis MO. (IL Side)
Joined Aug 2009
534 Posts
I know very little about Radio waves and data transfer over them, just enough to do FPV, but wouldn't a super high def video take a ton of bandwidth to beam it live? Would 2.4ghz or 5.8 be able to handle it?
jsullivan05 is offline Find More Posts by jsullivan05
Old Oct 10, 2010, 07:07 AM
Joined Nov 2006
4,817 Posts
Hi ...

No I've never tried FPV personally and I think I will never have that chance as a passenger FPV... because this exotic hobby is a very rare thing where I live...EGYPT... the ancient Aliens homeland

You have no idea how hard to get into R/C in Egypt ... I've been in the hobby for 5 years now .. the fascination took me to so many areas... helicopters, quadrocopters, Fixed wings, and finally ornithopters, and now I'm getting so envious to real birds ... so I need to have a clear vision then figure out a way to stabilize it due to vertical oscillation of the flapping wings "most probably mechanical stabilization" then I won't need to dream anymore because only then I will fulfill my dream

I suppose we need someone like the the smart guy who invented the *.mp3 format .. and as far as I can tell it is a compressed format for audio files that were recorded in the past in *.wav format , this raw format used to be very large ...

then we gonna need fast compressing/decompressing video TX/RX...to handle that critical operation in real time, because any lag will mean a sure disaster

Sorry i had to vent a bit ... you guys are great .. one of these days I'll join the FPV community

BTW.. here is my video pages at vimeo ... I hope you like them

http://www.vimeo.com/user453205/vide...:2/sort:newest

Khaled
Old Oct 10, 2010, 07:13 AM
Joined Nov 2006
4,817 Posts
@ziomatrixacs

Thanks for posting the photo comparison ... you are starting to tackle my mind

@galaxiex

If I couldn't wait for that HD FPV gear to be available, I will most probably begin to do my homework and read a lot to get the highest quality feasible

Khaled