SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2010, 11:23 AM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Discussion
There is a lesson to be learned here ...

http://www.wimp.com/trafficlights/

Key take away ... "Empathy is boundless ... just need the freedom to express it"
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Oct 08, 2010, 12:36 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
what????

You mean people can do it on their own with out control?

who'da thunk it.
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 08, 2010, 12:58 PM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
yeah ... imagine that ... a similar experiment was done in the Netherlands (I think) to the same results. Unregulated, people (drivers) tended to be much more aware of their surroundings and much more accomodating to other drivers and pedestrians.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:02 PM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
Is there a single car owner on this planet who doesn't already know this truth.
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:04 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
yeah ... imagine that ... a similar experiment was done in the Netherlands (I think) to the same results. Unregulated, people (drivers) tended to be much more aware of their surroundings and much more accomodating to other drivers and pedestrians.
I appreciate the link.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:20 PM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
I would of course make the obvious link to buisnesses and citizens living in a world de-coupled from the heavy handed regulations of government ... but I think you already see it.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:40 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
I would of course make the obvious link to buisnesses and citizens living in a world de-coupled from the heavy handed regulations of government ... but I think you already see it.
Well yeah.....

Sorry I got so caught up in my sarcasm in my first post I forgot to thank you for the link. And Then I wasn't sure if you wanted this thread to go in that direction of connecting the traffic thing to other sources of heavy handed regulations.

But I see it, and I did make the connections. I am already a believer in anti regulations... I haven't really figured out where that line is if there should shouldn't be one.

When it comes down to your views.. I don't think you should expect much argument from me though.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:45 PM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
Underlying this is probably the fact that traffic lights manufacture has been outsourced to a non-union 3rd world sweat-shop, ....and the traffic light "lobby" has collapsed.

Now the local bureaucracy is looking at traffic lights as an expense rather than a cash cow.

On to the new golden goose.
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0