HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2010, 08:47 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Oct 2010
12 Posts
Alert
Spektrum Telemetry TM1000 shuts down!!!

Has someone seen issues with the new Spektrum Telemetry TM1000? I tested the DX8 with a Apprentice 15e and AR8000 and the TM1000, I set the voltage package alarm to 11.2V and after some minutes flying the alarms started and I lost the servos and motor for a couple of seconds, than the servos came again but every time you give more power to the motor the voltage drops to 11.2 and shuts down again!
I was able to do an emergency landing but it looks like very wrong! I contact HH and until now no answer!!! I tried to reproduce the issue with a new battery and voltage alarm at 12.5V and it really shuts down the AR8000 for some reason!
If you remove the alarm the telemetry seems to work well (just voltage visualization) but I suggest to test the alarm on the ground first!!!!
freirem is offline Find More Posts by freirem
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2010, 09:47 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,227 Posts
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Last edited by renatoa; Oct 08, 2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 10:39 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,378 Posts
Test if its the VIBRATION thats effecting it. Already been one case where the radio would do something major when the VIBRATION was trigger. You could be radio #2.

But its always best to double check and so ASAP when I get home will be testing.

So you're saying that you have set a MAIN PACK VOLTAGE alarm and when its triggered you lose control of the RC????RIGHT????
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 08, 2010, 11:10 AM
Joined Oct 2010
12 Posts
Freechip,
I tried with the airplane on stands and I got the alarms of the main pack voltage to 12.6 (battery fully charged), when the alarms is trigged the control is lost for some seconds! Is possible to see on the DX8 the telemetry is lost and after 1 or 2 seconds it came back and keep repeating it!
If you set the alarm to off it works perfectly!
Old Oct 08, 2010, 11:30 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,783 Posts
Does it do this even if the alarm is set to tone only?
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 11:48 AM
Joined Oct 2010
12 Posts
Hum!
Good point Dave, let me test it!
Old Oct 08, 2010, 01:37 PM
Joined Oct 2010
12 Posts
Dave,
I tested just with the tone, it does the same! When I start to have the warning message on the screen it starts to give me intermittent communication!
Old Oct 08, 2010, 03:18 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,378 Posts
I just got home and testing as I type. Alright going to try couple more things but the first couple of test did not produce what you claim. I DID NOT LOSE control. The TM1000 did not cause any unwanted issues.

The only thing I found & I think its been mentioned before if not here but somewhere else is that EXEMPLE you have flight pack voltage set at 12.0v and once the voltage drops you get the alarm which did not cause anything to the control but once the alarm was triggered and then CLEARED, if you reduce the throttle to where the voltage rises over the alarm setting EXEMPLE 12.0V if during the same flight you go down below the exemple 12.0V it will NOT trigger the alarm again.
Last edited by freechip; Oct 08, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2010, 05:08 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,378 Posts
Dear Spektrum Community,

Please visit the Spektrum Community Site to download the latest update for your DX8! AirWare v1.03 includes new features as well as addressing all known issues since the initial release.
The following upgrades have been added:

• Improved Heli Servo Travel Adjust functionality for swash leveling
•Enhanced Telemetry Status Screen
•Telemetry Auto-Display option
• Added Back button functionality to SD File Navigation

As well as corrections in the following areas:

•Heli Mode Mix
•Differential Issue
•Model Save Corruption
•Heli Bind Issue
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:44 PM
Joined Oct 2010
12 Posts
This weekend I still had the Telemtry issue, I'll make a video with TM1000 shutting down the servos and motor!
This happened with v1.03!!! If I turn off the battery pack voltage alarm it works fine!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:53 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,378 Posts
I think it mite be radio related. because wether the alarm is on or not the telemetry is still sending the info. Its the radio that sound the alarm. I think you mite have radio problems in which case you should send it back for service BUT please upload video for other to see whats going on.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:54 PM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Geilenkirchen
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freirem View Post
Dave,
I tested just with the tone, it does the same! When I start to have the warning message on the screen it starts to give me intermittent communication!
It's not a bug, it's a feature, because like this the pilot will immediately see, that there is something going the wrong way, some pilots just tend to ignore those beeps.

Udo

(That was ironic - of course, there is something wrong with your system. Send it back to Horizon Hobbies via your dealer for repair.)
udogigahertz is offline Find More Posts by udogigahertz
Old Oct 14, 2010, 05:53 PM
Joined Oct 2010
12 Posts
This is the video!

DX8 Telemetry test (Vib).wmv (2 min 36 sec)
Old Oct 14, 2010, 07:28 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,378 Posts
I just watched you're video but you are missing one critial part of your system. The RX & Telemetry units. The E-flite Apprentice is equiped with a 30A esc that the BEC is GARBAGE and the added telemetry to you're setup could be causing the BEC to shut down and this could be causing you all sorts of issues.

When you plane is acting all weird what is the ESC doing? Is the LED flashing indicating lost of power?

Check this. Just had problems with my unit and it was the same esc as yours. ITS ONLY RATED FOR .7a or 700MAH.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 07:51 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,838 Posts
He had an after-market ESC in it. Marcelo sent us his tx and rx. We were unable to duplicate the problem initially, but once he sent his ESC we were able. We replaced his ESC with a higher-quality one to go with his replacement DX8. The root cause is still under investigation, but I expect to hear reports on Monday of a successful day or two of flying it over the weekend.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor