SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:33 PM
USA, WI, Cedarburg
Joined Sep 2010
55 Posts
Discussion
How to get a replacement BlitzRCWorks RX

I bought a BlitzRCWorks Mini AMX as my first EDF and have since crashed it. Pretty hard too. Noob mistake and I take full responsibility for it. I have replacement parts on order. Taking f'ing FOREVER ! ! ! I've been waiting 5 weeks for my parts and there is no ETA.

Anyway, the RX flew out of the plane and bounced across a parking lot. It doesn't work anymore. I've emailed and called BH a ton of times with no response. I finally tried the chat and got a hold of someone. They told me that there is no way to buy a replacement RX. I have to buy the entire radio system.

Are you kidding me? That is just stupid! This whole experience has really turned me off of BH. That's too bad. They have a ton of cool stuff.
StreetCred is offline Find More Posts by StreetCred
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2010, 08:17 PM
BH CSR
Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2010
59 Posts
Streetcred,

We're sorry to hear of your recent unsatisfactory experience with our Customer Service Department. Our radio systems are equipped in a way that they only bind to their corresponding partner. Meaning, the transmitter will only bind to a receiver of the same make and model. BlitzRCWorks has several different models they include with their kits and unfortunately, we can't predict which kit contains what model. For this reason, radio systems are sold in a complete set rather than the transmitter and receiver sold individually. Frustrating, I know. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Now, I would be more than happy to assist you in purchasing a receiver for your radio system. Please either PM or Email me with the make and model of your radio system and I will get back to you with the price and availability.

Thanks in advance,
Lauren
Banana Hobby
bhlccs2@bananahobby.com
BHCSRLauren is offline Find More Posts by BHCSRLauren
Old Oct 08, 2010, 10:34 PM
USA, WI, Cedarburg
Joined Sep 2010
55 Posts
TX/RX Information

Thank you for taking the time to help out. It's been a long road to get here.

Here's all the information I can find on the TX/RX:
- Blitzworksrc T18 2.4GHz 4Ch radio (ordered with the Mini AMX I purchased)
- Blitzworksrc R18 2.4GHz 6 CH receiver

Both the radio and receiver have a sticker with the following information:

NO: H133028

That's all there is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tracy
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:45 PM
USA, WI, Cedarburg
Joined Sep 2010
55 Posts
Hello ?

Just wondering if you've had a chance to look for a compatible receiver.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 05:52 AM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetCred View Post
Just wondering if you've had a chance to look for a compatible receiver.
She asked you to PM or e-mail the information, not post it here ... maybe she hasn't read your response? Did you get a reply from her yet?
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Oct 24, 2010, 12:46 PM
USA, WI, Cedarburg
Joined Sep 2010
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
She asked you to PM or e-mail the information, not post it here ... maybe she hasn't read your response? Did you get a reply from her yet?
I did both, PM and posted it out here. No response yet.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 04:26 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,119 Posts
Quote:
I did both, PM and posted it out here. No response yet.
Try resending, and copy Pete. 14 days without a response is too long.
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:17 PM
Starting over
United States, TN
Joined Sep 2010
201 Posts
Quote:
I bought a BlitzRCWorks Mini AMX as my first EDF and have since crashed it. Pretty hard too. Noob mistake and I take full responsibility for it. I have replacement parts on order. Taking f'ing FOREVER ! ! ! I've been waiting 5 weeks for my parts and there is no ETA.

Anyway, the RX flew out of the plane and bounced across a parking lot. It doesn't work anymore. I've emailed and called BH a ton of times with no response. I finally tried the chat and got a hold of someone. They told me that there is no way to buy a replacement RX. I have to buy the entire radio system.

Are you kidding me? That is just stupid! This whole experience has really turned me off of BH. That's too bad. They have a ton of cool stuff.
I don't know if your issue has been resolved or not, but BH is not your only source for Rx's. What type of TX do you have. If it's a DSSS technology simply Google "DSSS Receiver" and it should piont to many suppliers. Seems the DSSS is popular in Asian countries. I've replaced my Rx and Tx in my 500 class Cessna with DSM2 equipment.
crashhelmet is offline Find More Posts by crashhelmet
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:52 PM
USA, WI, Cedarburg
Joined Sep 2010
55 Posts
Well, here we are at 8 weeks with no response. Now that's customer service! I've decided that I'm going to take my business elsewhere. I'm done with BH. They lost what would have been a good customer. I'm just getting into this hobby and the new people are usually the ones that spend the most.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 12:38 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Mar 2005
714 Posts
I still have a BlitZrc 6-channel 2.4 ghz 6-channel rx they sent me by mistake... it has the part number JE0198 on the face. There is a bind button on it also... do you think it might work with your transmitter?

I have no use for it, and hate to throw it in the trash.

PM me if you or anyone can use it.

- Michael
Michael211_2000 is offline Find More Posts by Michael211_2000
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:23 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
guys guys guys... you should start considering of buying a good spektrum or JR tx.. if you are ofcourse staying in the hobby
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Dec 08, 2010, 06:03 PM
USA, WI, Cedarburg
Joined Sep 2010
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
guys guys guys... you should start considering of buying a good spektrum or JR tx.. if you are ofcourse staying in the hobby

Spektrum DX6i should be delivered this week.

Michael211_2000 - Thank you for the offer. I don't think that would've worked. Maybe there's someone out there that would want it. Try putting it in the classified section.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 09:00 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Spektrum DX6i should be delivered this week.

Michael211_2000 - Thank you for the offer. I don't think that would've worked. Maybe there's someone out there that would want it. Try putting it in the classified section.
wait till then then..
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Dec 10, 2010, 05:48 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Mar 2005
714 Posts
Quote:
Oh I'm not trying to sell it, I'm trying to give it away to somebody who can actually use it. Even BH didn't want it back... lol! I only fly XPS gear.

But oh well, I guess I should just go ahead and chunk it.

Regards!

- Michael
Michael211_2000 is offline Find More Posts by Michael211_2000
Old Apr 23, 2011, 06:16 PM
left, left, oh, my other left!
Western Mass
Joined Feb 2008
414 Posts
Hey Michael - just wondering if by any chance you still have that receiver as I think I could use it as I think I fried by original rx from BH. Please let me know! thanks Scott
smrouss is offline Find More Posts by smrouss