Old Oct 07, 2010, 07:15 AM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2005
27 Posts
Question
Graupner Li Charger 4 Plus Lipo/LiIo/Life

hello,
does anybody have this charger.
I have ask our local vendor and without success.
is this charger use only balance connector to charge or it should be conected main + and - from battery also. simple question, no answer.
in user manuals is not clearly mentioned, so I ask if somebody owned this charger and can provide 100% information to me.

thank you in advance. Simon
cheech2 is offline Find More Posts by cheech2
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2010, 08:13 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,336 Posts
It just chargers threw the balance lead, many do this. Most of all the STOCK RTF chargers that come with your plane charge threw the balance tab. As long as the current is not too high you're ok.

3A output is a bit high I think for balance tab wires but I guess not according to the charger manufacturer.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 07, 2010, 08:31 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech2 View Post
is this charger use only balance connector to charge or it should be conected main + and - from battery also. simple question, no answer.
in user manuals is not clearly mentioned, so I ask if somebody owned this charger and can provide 100% information to me.
Hi Simon,

the manual and the technical information is pretty clear. This is a 30W charger with 3A max. charge current and 0.1A max. balancing current:

http://www.graupner.de/mediaroot/fil...s_de_en_fr.pdf

Charge mode

Connect a suitable genuine GRAUPNER Lithium-Polymer battery pack to the output of the Li- charger 4 plus. The pack must consist of no more than four cells. Connect the balancer connector Graupner/EH to the balancer output.

First you connect the normal battery connector to the charger, then you connect the balancer connector.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014