HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2011, 01:36 AM
France, Bretagne, Rennes
Joined Oct 2011
4 Posts
Anticouple?

Mon gyroplane HK est terminé, mais il subsiste toujours un doute en ce qui concerne l’anticouple.

Le rotor tournant dans le sens contraire des aiguille d’une montre, il doit provoquer un couple vers la droite sur le modèle.

Il semblerait donc logique de compenser ce couple en orientant le moteur vers la gauche, mais d’après ce que j’ai lu pratiquement tous vos modèles ont l’anticouple vers la droite.

C’est un grand mystère pour moi . ????

Désolé pour mon mauvais anglais.

Despite the great difficulty I have to understand English, it is with great interest that I read your forum.

My HK gyroplane is over, but there is still doubt regarding the egine’s orientation.

The rotor rotating counterclockwise, it must cause a couple to the right of the model.

It seems logical to compensate for this by directing the engine torque to the left, but from what I've read almost all your models have compensation to the right.

It is a great mystery to me. ??
3pat is offline Find More Posts by 3pat
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 12:13 AM
Sky's not the limit, ground is
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2007
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pat View Post
Mon gyroplane HK est terminé, mais il subsiste toujours un doute en ce qui concerne l’anticouple.

Le rotor tournant dans le sens contraire des aiguille d’une montre, il doit provoquer un couple vers la droite sur le modèle.

Il semblerait donc logique de compenser ce couple en orientant le moteur vers la gauche, mais d’après ce que j’ai lu pratiquement tous vos modèles ont l’anticouple vers la droite.

C’est un grand mystère pour moi . ????

Désolé pour mon mauvais anglais. ?

S'il vous plaît excuser mon français.
Le rotor d'un autogire n'est pas alimenté et n'a donc pas transmettre de couple. Le moteur sur un autogire tracteur doit encore un peu de la poussée à droite (le cas échéant) pour contrer le couple qu'elle produit. Cependant, la pleine puissance est rarement utilisée pour le décollage afin cet effet est à peine remarqué.

Don
skydanz is offline Find More Posts by skydanz
Old Nov 06, 2011, 03:19 AM
Elizabeth South Australia 5113
Joined Nov 2005
1,687 Posts
G'Day 3pat
The thrust of the motor must not be directed to the left. You will find that most models fly between ''0'' and ''3'' deg right thrust and I am sure you are aware that you should also have ''6'' deg down thrust. Please note that the bulkhead on the model when you recieve it is only about ''!''deg of downthrust.
Happy Landings
Chris...........
britinoz is offline Find More Posts by britinoz
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:49 AM
France, Bretagne, Rennes
Joined Oct 2011
4 Posts
Thank you skydanz and britinoz
I have read all your topics "magnifiques"

I have 1° right thrust and 6° down thrust

I expect a little wind for the first flight

Joyeux atterrissages

edit> Voici une photo de la petite modification au niveau de la roulette de queue
Il suffit simplement d’inverser la pièce en plastique bleu contrairement à la photo de HK

Here is a picture of small change at the tail wheel
Simply reverse the blue plastic part unlike the photo of HK

Yet Thanks
3pat is offline Find More Posts by 3pat
Last edited by 3pat; Nov 06, 2011 at 05:37 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old Nov 07, 2011, 03:17 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pat View Post

Here is a picture of small change at the tail wheel
Simply reverse the blue plastic part unlike the photo of HK

Yet Thanks
With my tail wheel I found that it would move within the arm, so I removed it at added a drop of solder to the shaft where the arm sits, then filed it into a ridge to lock it into place.
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:51 AM
Scotland
Joined Jan 2010
944 Posts
Maiden flight my C30 at last still wish I had waited for better weather and experienced camera operator it flew ok but was out of trim I will post next flight asap weather permitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d-n6xChUJQ
Jockadopolus is offline Find More Posts by Jockadopolus
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:41 PM
Elizabeth South Australia 5113
Joined Nov 2005
1,687 Posts
G'Day Joe
Two test flights in one day? ... very good.... Could it use just a little more hang??
Chris..........
britinoz is offline Find More Posts by britinoz
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:04 PM
Trailer Down By The River
Joined Sep 2004
474 Posts
Nice video ! Looked as if you were ballooning abit but you did very well with a tail heavy gyro! Great job!
TURBOOMNI is offline Find More Posts by TURBOOMNI
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:14 PM
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
261 Posts
Great flight Jockadopolus

Looks like you poss run out of down elevator at landing, or were you trying to hover down?

Are they the standard blades?
they look a lot longer!

What is your flying weight?

Regards, M
minirotor is offline Find More Posts by minirotor
Old Nov 13, 2011, 02:02 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Regarding Jocks flight, (which looked pretty good to me) where he commented on less than ideal weather conditions, and others in this forum that have had one good flight in less than ideal weather then a poor outcome in good weather makes me think that the HK C30 likes a bit more wind, giving it more lift into a head wind and plenty of speed down wind. So assuming its offered enough thrust with the electrics outfit it would prefer higher wind levels with its stock blades. Does this make sense? or am I off track?

Mick
Old Nov 13, 2011, 05:01 AM
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
Regarding Jocks flight, (which looked pretty good to me) where he commented on less than ideal weather conditions, and others in this forum that have had one good flight in less than ideal weather then a poor outcome in good weather makes me think that the HK C30 likes a bit more wind, giving it more lift into a head wind and plenty of speed down wind. So assuming its offered enough thrust with the electrics outfit it would prefer higher wind levels with its stock blades. Does this make sense? or am I off track?
Mick
Hello Mick.

''giving it more lift into a head wind and plenty of speed down wind''

Assuming you use the same high power setting--For the standard heavy ,small rotor HKC30, Yes.

Also having wind is a big help for hand launch blade spin-up and/or taking off from the ground[less ground roll to get the rotors up to flying RPM]
In calm air, you have to accelerate the gyro slowly to get the rotors up to flying RPM[uses a lot of runway]
You can not force the rotors to spin up more quickly by acclerating too fast.

However--flying in strong winds brings its own problems.
1. The gyro will be reluctent to turn down wind, and when it does it will loose quite a bit of height if you are not carefull.

2. You must not be temped to slow the gyro down downwind, even though it looks to be flying very fast[or it will loose AIR speed and start to descent rapidily]Also the controls will become very sluggish if you fly too slowly and they will not respond very well to control commands.

3. When you turn into wind again you need to be ready for the gyro to ballon up as it hits the headwind.

In theory it should not make any difference whether you fly upwind or downwind or turning[but somebody forgot to tell gyros this!!!!!!!]
Partically if you fly the gyro slowly[which is what a gyro is supposed to be all about--slow and manouverable]

4. When you land into a strong headwind, you need to be carefull of the last 1m-1/2m of height before you land. You will encounter wind shear near the ground. Meaning that the effect of the headwind drops off dramitically near the ground.
Which in turn means that the gyro appears to hover down nicely until it is apx 1m off the ground, then it will fall like a stone onto the ground[unless you keep a fair bit of AIR speed up and apply a bit backstick to stop it hitting the ground too hard as it starts to fall in the wind shear near the ground]

Regards, M
minirotor is offline Find More Posts by minirotor
Last edited by minirotor; Nov 13, 2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 05:20 AM
Scotland
Joined Jan 2010
944 Posts
I'm in Aberdeen visiting friends when I get back I will fly again and try to iron out any problems and post any mods
The only changes I made to the model was to drill large holes in the tail to lose some weight and made the tail wheel fixed
Joe
Jockadopolus is offline Find More Posts by Jockadopolus
Old Nov 13, 2011, 01:10 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Thanks for the flight tips Minirotor.

regards

Mick
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:45 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,465 Posts
For who is interested to extend the blade with little effort ... the spare blade are now back on stock on HK:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=12194

Question ... should I order a spare rotor: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=12195 ... or it is very unluckily that I can damage the rotor even in case of small crash ... and/or is easy to fix ?

Thanks

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:51 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
For who is interested to extend the blade with little effort ... the spare blade are now back on stock on HK:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=12194

Question ... should I order a spare rotor: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=12195 ... or it is very unluckily that I can damage the rotor even in case of small crash ... and/or is easy to fix ?

Thanks

e_lm_70
The rotor head is pretty robust. Ive crashed mine in most ways possible which have included snapping the mast, but still nil rotor head damage, except the flapping hinge which breaks readily. I now use plastic from milk cartons for my flapping hinge.