SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 28, 2011, 03:45 PM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
This is mine!Sorry for the poor quality.
I promise you I will take a better one!

Autogiro C30 HK (2 min 14 sec)
ask21! is offline Find More Posts by ask21!
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2011, 05:29 PM
Trailer Down By The River
Joined Sep 2004
486 Posts
Nice videos guys. Sammy I think your Cierva only has 6 lives left!! Good going though!
Judging from the videos and my own experience my Cierva fly's a good bit slower than with the stock blades. I only flew the stock blades once after maidening the bird with the homemade blades . The stock blades required a good bit more speed to stay airborne.
TURBOOMNI is offline Find More Posts by TURBOOMNI
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:51 AM
Россия, город Москва, город Москва
Joined Dec 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
WOW! Super nice flying there Stork1!

Your C-30 seemed to keep it's nose up during turns much better than mine does.

What's your setup?
Look at this post

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=616
Stork1 is offline Find More Posts by Stork1
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:23 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stork1 View Post

Yes, I saw that post, but I was curious as to what hang angle and such ended up with...
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Aug 29, 2011, 02:53 PM
Россия, город Москва, город Москва
Joined Dec 2010
25 Posts
I used 57g motor + 35g dumm motor and battery with weight 115g. All angles about 8 degrees.
Stork1 is offline Find More Posts by Stork1
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:59 PM
Joined Sep 2004
486 Posts
There was an air show at a local small airport and our flying club was there to do RC demo flights. There was a great RC heli pilot going to demo so I didnt want to bring my heli. Lots of scale guys and big 40% gas airplane guys going to demo with the usual hovering also. I have nothing special as far as airplanes anymore. So the guys asked me to bring the HK autogyro.
So there she was a tiny little thing next to all these giant aircraft in the pits. More people asked me about the thing ,,how it worked ,,who invented it ,,when did it first fly etc. Lots of 8 to 14 year olds and of course some old guys KNEW What it was!! I was amazed. Real aviation enthusiasts. So all the giant rc planes had landed and no real aircraft were landing or taking off so i went for it!! She flew great,,[for her anyways] and I just took it easy with left hand turns and keep her low so people could see and hear the blades going. Hundreds of people and real pilots stared at this teeny whirlygig put put through the air doing nothing special other than staying aloft
She was an absolute hit. Many people in the audience came up to me afterwards to say they stayed just to see the little gyro go. Well thats my little story.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:49 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,504 Posts
COOL story TURBOOMNI!
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Sep 04, 2011, 05:18 PM
no more glow models for me!!!!
bklyn n.y.
Joined Jan 2008
881 Posts
that's what flying r/c is about... showing off!!! lol!! i have a witch on a broom, an f-16, and stuff that we fly at night all lit up with l.e.d.'s!! i've always been an attention whore!!!!
low,inverted high speed passes are a favorite of mine!! i was thinking of getting one of these from h.k.... maybe i will it looks like once trimmed out it will be a crowd pleaser.
iflyrc1012 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrc1012
Old Sep 04, 2011, 10:07 PM
Joined Sep 2004
486 Posts
Thanks guys ,,it was a fun day.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 01:39 AM
Elizabeth South Australia 5113
Joined Nov 2005
1,785 Posts
That's what it is all about.
Chris........
britinoz is offline Find More Posts by britinoz
Old Sep 08, 2011, 02:58 PM
RC Group therapist
DeRidder LA.
Joined Nov 2008
1,961 Posts
Hello Turbo,

Do you have any recent videos of your aircraft? You've done a nice job, and it's great to hear you are generating interest in our hobby.

-Mike
Boneswamped is offline Find More Posts by Boneswamped
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:08 PM
Joined Sep 2004
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneswamped View Post
Hello Turbo,

Do you have any recent videos of your aircraft? You've done a nice job, and it's great to hear you are generating interest in our hobby.

-Mike
Thanks Mike! I dont have anyway to video the gyro..maybe my phone camera could do it . Then the next problem is how you post it. As you can tell I am a computer idiot. I just got a new phone maybe I will try.
Thanks for the kind words!!
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:21 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOOMNI View Post
Thanks Mike! I dont have anyway to video the gyro..maybe my phone camera could do it . Then the next problem is how you post it. As you can tell I am a computer idiot. I just got a new phone maybe I will try.
Thanks for the kind words!!
Actually create your short video clip. Then send it to your email address where you can get it with your PC. Then you upload the video to YouTube.com or Photobucket.com.
Then you can copy the URL link for the video clip and post it in the message post in this forum.
You can send the video clip to your Youtube account directly from the phone, but I never tried it.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Sep 12, 2011, 01:04 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
Actually create your short video clip. Then send it to your email address where you can get it with your PC. Then you upload the video to YouTube.com or Photobucket.com.
Then you can copy the URL link for the video clip and post it in the message post in this forum.
You can send the video clip to your Youtube account directly from the phone, but I never tried it.
Adding to this, you may find your clip is a very large file size AVI, so just run it through DIVX PLUS Converter before uploading, to reduce file size. The DIVX converter is free from DIVX.com
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:44 PM
Joined Sep 2004
486 Posts
Thanks for the info ,,maybe I will try when I have the time.
STORK1 ,,I love your video and the music by Brahms and the way it worked with the video was brilliant!!