HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2010, 03:36 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,163 Posts
okay - this batch I heard about must've not came with the connector for some reason

thanks

Rick

what is happening with NE planes? Will you be getting the P47 and Yak 54?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hauler View Post
The RX-01 comes with the connector, if you order it that way. All of our receivers for the SX and SP have the connector for the landing skids.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2010, 03:43 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,286 Posts
Quote:
The overall flying characteristics of the SX are much better than the SP. This heli is tough, because I don't know if it's the RX-01 making the difference, or the overall design of the heli. If you take the cabin off, the boom runs slightly down off the main frame, instead of the high angle the SP boom runs. As already stated, the tail motor is bigger, and more responsive. Once you get the hang of it, the SX is capable of very smooth, banked left turns, which we all know was not the strong suit of the SP. Once you are able to get the bank set, the SX tracks very well in turns. The balance is very good also, which I think may be the main contributing factor. If you examine the response of the RX-01, the mixing is very similiar to the 06. The servo movement, side by side is very similiar. I did notice that the heli prefers the swash plate tilted to the right slightly (from behind). I centered the servos, made the mechanical adjustments, then tweeked it from there with the transmitter. Now that I have it fully set up, the SX in hands down the better of the 2. Even with the added weight, the extra power provided by the 2 motors easily offsets it, and is capable of very quick FFF. It's also not affected as much by the inherent nature of a 45 degree flybar. Speaking of flybars, I have been unsuccessful with creating any type of strike. It doesn't really makes sense, because you can imagine striking the cabin boom fairly easily. But I just haven't been able to do it. Overall, transitions are much better. I'm not sure that "skimming weight" is necessary with this, as it is with the SP.
I have noticed one glaring flaw with the heli, and maybe this can be verified by the other people that are flying them right now. I've noticed that as the battery depletes, I start to get a bit of a wobble. It only shows itself at certain RPM's, and toward the last minute or 2 of flight. It doesn't affect the flight characteristics at all during maneuvers, but in a hover, at a certain RPM, it wobbles a bit. I've never had this with the SP. The SX seems much more sensitive to overall RPM drop as the battery depletes. At first, I thought I had warped the main gear or loose main blade, but after inspection, wasn't the case. Once I put a fresh battery in, it was fine until the end of the flight.
Thanks for the update, Rick. Btw, if you change the receiver to a spare RX-06 you have lying around, you can verify if the receiver makes the difference, or the different frame and other structural changes.

Btw, did you notice Hyperion now has batteries with NE connector? These might solve the wobble on low battery problem, since they hold voltage better under load.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Nov 19, 2010, 05:23 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,163 Posts
link to NE hyperion battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Thanks for the update, Rick. Btw, if you change the receiver to a spare RX-06 you have lying around, you can verify if the receiver makes the difference, or the different frame and other structural changes.

Btw, did you notice Hyperion now has batteries with NE connector? These might solve the wobble on low battery problem, since they hold voltage better under load.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 05:42 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
link to NE hyperion battery?
Here you go: http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=7978
Old Nov 19, 2010, 05:58 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
okay - this batch I heard about must've not came with the connector for some reason

thanks

Rick

We are thinking about it. We got a few of the Sky Eagles in, along with parts. The P47 and Yak look great...I own the PZ Mustang and Sukhoi SU-26 and absolutely love them. So chances are good...just haven't worked out the details yet.
Rick Hauler is offline Find More Posts by Rick Hauler
Old Nov 19, 2010, 05:59 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:

I've got the hyperions on order....should be interesting to see if they make a difference.
Rick Hauler is offline Find More Posts by Rick Hauler
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:45 PM
staff tecnico-prismalia-techn
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
The overall flying characteristics of the SX are much better than the SP. This heli is tough, because I don't know if it's the RX-01 making the difference, or the overall design of the heli. If you take the cabin off, the boom runs slightly down off the main frame, instead of the high angle the SP boom runs. As already stated, the tail motor is bigger, and more responsive. Once you get the hang of it, the SX is capable of very smooth, banked left turns, which we all know was not the strong suit of the SP. Once you are able to get the bank set, the SX tracks very well in turns. The balance is very good also, which I think may be the main contributing factor. If you examine the response of the RX-01, the mixing is very similiar to the 06. The servo movement, side by side is very similiar. I did notice that the heli prefers the swash plate tilted to the right slightly (from behind). I centered the servos, made the mechanical adjustments, then tweeked it from there with the transmitter. Now that I have it fully set up, the SX in hands down the better of the 2. Even with the added weight, the extra power provided by the 2 motors easily offsets it, and is capable of very quick FFF. It's also not affected as much by the inherent nature of a 45 degree flybar. Speaking of flybars, I have been unsuccessful with creating any type of strike. It doesn't really makes sense, because you can imagine striking the cabin boom fairly easily. But I just haven't been able to do it. Overall, transitions are much better. I'm not sure that "skimming weight" is necessary with this, as it is with the SP.
I have noticed one glaring flaw with the heli, and maybe this can be verified by the other people that are flying them right now. I've noticed that as the battery depletes, I start to get a bit of a wobble. It only shows itself at certain RPM's, and toward the last minute or 2 of flight. It doesn't affect the flight characteristics at all during maneuvers, but in a hover, at a certain RPM, it wobbles a bit. I've never had this with the SP. The SX seems much more sensitive to overall RPM drop as the battery depletes. At first, I thought I had warped the main gear or loose main blade, but after inspection, wasn't the case. Once I put a fresh battery in, it was fine until the end of the flight.

I agree with many points mentioned tea,
shake at the end of lipo I have not noticed yet, I'll try in the coming days
one thing I noticed was:
is slower than back in the only pro, perhaps due to the weight, but for now I think in the context of a model is very acceptable, especially for the price ..............
very precise, sweet and bad depending on what you ask .........
marconos is offline Find More Posts by marconos
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:05 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marconos View Post
...one thing I noticed was:
is slower than back in the only pro, perhaps due to the weight...
I don't understand that line. Can you put it in other words, perhaps the translator makes something different of it?

Btw, looked again at the video now that the sound is better. Still amazed by how fast this heli goes. It seems almost like twice as fast as the Solo Pro...
Last edited by SoloProFan; Nov 20, 2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:12 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,286 Posts
Quote:

thanks

Rick

Nine Eagles produces the boards with and without connector. Most shops get the one without, because it is cheaper. But it negates the whole idea about having a connector on the skids for easy replacement. Rick always makes sure he gets the type with connector, if for instance you order it from Hobby King you are sure to get the one without the connector.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:17 PM
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
I don't understand that line. Can you put it in other words, perhaps the translator makes something different of it?
I apologize for the bad translation .........
one thing I noticed was:
the left having a weight greater good is slower in lift
but it is a matter of laps, when the system is responding well.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:23 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marconos View Post
I apologize for the bad translation .........
one thing I noticed was:
the left having a weight greater good is slower in lift
but it is a matter of laps, when the system is responding well.
I think I should study italian...

I wonder what you get in italian when you try to translate the above words back into italian by the translator...
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:32 PM
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
Quote:

I wonder what you get in italian when you try to translate the above words back into italian by the translator...
Good point ................
almost always the words sometimes change meaning, or sense not properly
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:48 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,286 Posts
I studied the translated part a little more. Did you mean to say the Bravo SX can not climb as fast as the Solo Pro, since it is heavier, but with the improved control the Bravo SX offers, this is something you can accept?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:49 PM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Feb 2007
931 Posts
Quote:

I think marconos is saying that it's a bit sluggish when lifting off, due to the greater weight, but can build up to a good speed.

Perhaps.

Or maybe not.
ranavalona is offline Find More Posts by ranavalona
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:36 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,163 Posts
Handy

Quote: