HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:16 PM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
Frieslander- I just started ordering from ClubHeli. they`re great. They can`t get Bravo SXs anymore-they told me that Tower threatened them. They still have Bravo SX parts but I don`t know if they can get more once they run out. Apparently Tower doesn`t want to sell the Bravo SX (maybe it competes with a cheap crappy, heli they make more profit on) and they don`t want anybody else selling Bravo SXs either.
jlk69- The Nine Eagles motors in the Bravo SX are so good that many Parkzone P-51 pilots are retrofiting them. I even used one in a small MiG-15 jet I scratch-built. I love the Nine Eagles motors- no problems whartsoever.
MiG29Fulcrum is offline Find More Posts by MiG29Fulcrum
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:25 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,875 Posts
Bummer about Tower. What the heck?!?

Well, if it comes down to it, you can always order your Bravo SXs from MyRCMart and HeliPal. yes you pay shipping but I've had excellent luck from both of those companies. Good shipping times to the US as well.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:29 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,570 Posts
I think Nine Eagles have been bringing their products in as HeliMax. (Or whoever is responsible for the HeliMax brand.) I believe Towers do carry and promote that brand. At the LHS, I was pleasantly surprise to see HeliMax quad and CP. Perhaps they are also bringing in Bravo SX as a HeliMax brand.

I just don't see what grounds Tower has to threaten ClubHeli. Weird.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:55 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,875 Posts
Helimax brand also has a fp fbl in pod&boom as well as a fp fbl scale md530 model.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:28 AM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I think Nine Eagles have been bringing their products in as HeliMax. (Or whoever is responsible for the HeliMax brand.) I believe Towers do carry and promote that brand. At the LHS, I was pleasantly surprise to see HeliMax quad and CP. Perhaps they are also bringing in Bravo SX as a HeliMax brand.
Looking at the Helimax page, they have the Solo Pro 125 (Axe 100CP), 127 (MD530) and 129 (Axe 100FP). Only difference I can see is the color scheme, and of course they are more expensive (one more middleman to pay off).

Given that the SP127 was intended as a FBL replacement for the Bravo SX, I doubt they will get the latter. (Apparently the 127 is terrible, though. Too heavy, less pleasant to fly than the Bravo.)

Quote:
I just don't see what grounds Tower has to threaten ClubHeli. Weird.
They might have an exclusivity deal for North America. NE has some for other parts of the world (for example, Hobby King won't ship certain NE models to a list of countries, whom presumably have a local distributor).
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:19 AM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
Several months ago when I ordered some Bravo SX parts from Tower (before I knew about Club Heli) they told me that they now owned Nine Eagles. If that`s true, it would explain them trying to force US companies to stop selling Bravo SXs, especially at lower prices.
I don`t understand why Tower sent a circular last week advertising the Bravo SX on sale for $50 and then said it was discontinued when I called them. Club Heli then said Tower wouldn`t let them sell the Bravo SX anymore. But other places have them for sale, and at lower prices than Tower. I just got one this week. Weird...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:57 AM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG29Fulcrum View Post
Several months ago when I ordered some Bravo SX parts from Tower (before I knew about Club Heli) they told me that they now owned Nine Eagles.
I have a hard time believing that. I'm not sure the Chinese government would let a Chinese company be bought by foreigners, and besides, what's the upside for Towers?

Much more likely that it's a low-paid salesperson spewing BS to get you to buy from Towers and make his quota.
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:20 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Man View Post
I have a hard time believing that. I'm not sure the Chinese government would let a Chinese company be bought by foreigners, and besides, what's the upside for Towers?

Much more likely that it's a low-paid salesperson spewing BS to get you to buy from Towers and make his quota.
I have my doubts too. Perhaps it could be Towers got the exclusive rights to sell NE stuff in the USA, but buying the whole company?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:01 AM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
Yeah, and the way China steals stuffs and igores copyrights and patents, they probably gave Tower exclusive sales rights in the USA, then gave sales rights to any other USA dealer who wanted them...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:09 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
My Bravo SX like this...

Awesome. Detail body, detail color, distinctive voice ... Especially if you run it slowly with feeling. Steady, looks like a real helicopter ... Guaranteed satisfaction and suitable for the true collector.
tangkas_baru is offline Find More Posts by tangkas_baru
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:24 AM
last of the sixties kids..
New Zealand, Northland, Whangarei
Joined Jan 2013
681 Posts
I really like the Bravo SX. Hate the toy like look of the TX and the tiny sticks. I really liked the Solo pro too but the flybar is made of chocolate and the TX feels tiny and toy like.. The feel on the sticks is ok but the sticks are too thin for my giant shovel hands. Also in NZ a Bravo SX costs NZ$150. A WLtoys V911 costs NZ$100max. The build/flight quality of the Bravo SX isn't worth another $50 IMO. But I'm a rank noobie
Cannafish is offline Find More Posts by Cannafish
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:51 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannafish View Post
I really like the Bravo SX. Hate the toy like look of the TX and the tiny sticks. I really liked the Solo pro too but the flybar is made of chocolate and the TX feels tiny and toy like.. The feel on the sticks is ok but the sticks are too thin for my giant shovel hands. Also in NZ a Bravo SX costs NZ$150. A WLtoys V911 costs NZ$100max. The build/flight quality of the Bravo SX isn't worth another $50 IMO. But I'm a rank noobie
Are you referring to the Solo Pro 270? I understand it's possible to hack the Devo series transmitters with different firmware to use these with newer NE helis. Not for the Bravo SX though, that requires more work, and soldering.

@Tangkas_baru: Well said. The SX looks so nice in the air, especially when flown scale like.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Mar 03, 2013, 02:27 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
I just got a Bravo SX-I crashed it trying to get it trimmed and lost the flybar pin. I ordered some from Tower Hobbies. Next time I flew it I landed sideways and the damned pin fell out! Is there a fix or replacement to tighten the head up? Wonder if a V-911 flybar screw will fit? I like the looks but it sure doesn't fly like a 911! Thanks
BBill is offline Find More Posts by BBill
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:54 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBill View Post
I just got a Bravo SX-I crashed it trying to get it trimmed and lost the flybar pin. I ordered some from Tower Hobbies. Next time I flew it I landed sideways and the damned pin fell out! Is there a fix or replacement to tighten the head up? Wonder if a V-911 flybar screw will fit? I like the looks but it sure doesn't fly like a 911! Thanks
I used a small length of paper clip with a bend at each end. Painted it black to hide it. V911 screw works also - just ensure the fly bar moves freely and turn the screw slowly so the plastic doesn't split. Also shortened the flybar to reduce strikes.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Jun 03, 2013, 02:21 PM
Joined Jun 2012
36 Posts
Hi Experts
My bravo is difficult to bind - sometime can but most of the time cannot be blinded. The signal red light is lighted up and even after bickering, it remain nothing (cannot bind). Any help on this?
David LKB is offline Find More Posts by David LKB