SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
@Jasen40
To answer your question. Even if you wired it backwards, you won't burn the FET. That occurs when there is a short somewhere as the others have mentioned.
Thanks for the replys.It tried an extra board that was in my parts bin. The tail, now has power.This board was in the parts bin due to a bad gyro. I am going to order one more board.I have to much $$ invested in this frankenbird to toss it out.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:55 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
TX Display problem

I just bought a Bravo SX and used it for a day.
When I got home from work today the display on the TX is showing all sorts of crazy characters, although the RX is behaving normally. Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it?
I can still fly the heli but can't see the trim levels or the throttle value.
raybey1 is offline Find More Posts by raybey1
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:55 AM
Joined Jun 2012
32 Posts
Hello everyone, Im Juan from Argentina, my problem is that I lose reach if the heli is more than 10 feet, what can I do to fix this reach radio control problem? help please ! thanks !
lagarto is offline Find More Posts by lagarto
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:22 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,135 Posts
Are the two received antennas still in place? This is a Nine Eagles Bravo you are talking about?
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:26 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagarto View Post
Hello everyone, Im Juan from Argentina, my problem is that I lose reach if the heli is more than 10 feet, what can I do to fix this reach radio control problem? help please ! thanks !
Hey, I know this question, as it was also posted in the FAQ thread. Please do not cross-post a question, as the same answers will be given in seperate threads, and it will get complicated. I will remove the posting in the FAQ thread, to simplfy things, and continue my answer here.

You should mention that you have this problem with this receiver used to power a (motor?)glider and don't have it installed in a heli. As I stated in the FAQ thread already, does this glider have CF tubes, and could it be the antenna is alongside one? CF blocks radio-waves, especially on 2.4 GHz.

Here's the vid you also posted in the FAQ thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagarto View Post
let me send you the maiden fly, lucky me I realize that the radio range was bad before Y break it jajaja !

you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTKFetYXLnM
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:46 AM
Joined Jun 2012
32 Posts
Ok thanks for you answer and sorry I post my problem in 2 thread. About the carbon fiber, the only part is the Fuselage, and the antena has a hole that goes outside. Let me send you some pics where you can see all the setup. Could be the cabin? mmm seems to be made of carbon, but the antena goes out side ???
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:01 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,597 Posts
You could try to see what the reception is like when the receiver is not in the model.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:33 PM
Joined Jun 2012
32 Posts
Ill do that yes, for now I change the reciver for another one that I know its works fine, tomorrow ill try it ! thanks for your answers

Juan
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:59 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Like a dummy I neglected to put a bit CA on the flybar weights of the new helicopter. Of course one weight flew out causing a crash that some how broke the flybar which in turn caused the flybar pin to deposit itself somewhere in the yard. New flybar with CA on weights and correct diameter "paperclip" flybar pin installed. All is well.
BTW, if anyone is thinking of a larger helicopter, I've got two MJX F45s for sale in the classifieds. Sturdy choppers that are easy fliers but need space to fly in.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:28 PM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about Nine Eagles discontinuing the Bravo SX? Tower Hobbies has it marked "discontinued" on their site. It seems that other dealers still have them. Did Nine Eagles stop making a great-flying, affordable scale heli or did Tower pull the plug so they can sell crap instead? I also heard that Tower is supposed to have either bought Nine Eagles or is their only authorized distributor in the USA or something. Anyone know what`s up?
MiG29Fulcrum is offline Find More Posts by MiG29Fulcrum
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:47 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,597 Posts
The NE website doesn't say anything about it, and this time the site has been revamped, and seems pretty up to date now. Maybe Tower has made a deal with WL Toys or another manufacturer that makes scale micro helis.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:10 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,135 Posts
Check out ClubHeli.com they are a great USA supplier for Nine Eagles, very friendly and helpful.

I am in Canada and have ordered from them, very fast service and always ready to answer any questions I may have,
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:33 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Check out ClubHeli.com they are a great USA supplier for Nine Eagles, very friendly and helpful.

very fast service and always ready to answer any questions I may have,
Agree with everything, but last 2 Bravo motors have been duds. Very week right out of the box.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:35 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,632 Posts
Time to switch to trying Helios motor? I seen reports of it being stronger. Not conclusive though because I haven't seen it bench tested.

However, it would make sense because the Helios is a heavier heli. I am using it's tail motor on my brushless Nano CP X with success thus far.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:38 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
Agree with everything, but last 2 Bravo motors have been duds. Very week right out of the box.
So did you notify the vendor about that? Sometimes they do get duds but I am sure they would stand behind the products they sell.