SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:15 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,597 Posts
The mCP x is a CP heli, and can set the blades' pitch. It can handle a breeze much better than any fixed pitch heli. The SX, being fixed pitch and still light (33g) can't handle much breeze.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:05 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
I opened my SX up tonight, and used the sub-trim option to get the servo centered a bit better. Its much easier to set them right when you can see whats going on. Also I found the main shaft has hair-line crack at the top and the bottom. I am sure this is causing some of the erratic flights I have had. I am going to try the cnc shaft that is coming with the head, even though it will increase the weight, while waiting for the carbon shaft.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:02 AM
REYNALDO
rynldgalano's Avatar
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
very nice the fuselage, is it fit to mcpx frame? am planning to make a scale look to my mcpx and i can not find a body that is exactly fit on it thanks.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:50 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
jlk69's Avatar
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynldgalano View Post
very nice the fuselage, is it fit to mcpx frame? am planning to make a scale look to my mcpx and i can not find a body that is exactly fit on it thanks.
Check this thread out.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:46 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
I made a mistake with a new battery, it is a single rail nano tech.Does anyone know a way to get it to fit, or should I find it a new home?
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Last edited by Jasen40; Nov 04, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:45 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,597 Posts
Just use a sharp knife or file to remove the bigger single rail/rib. And move the pull out tab to the other side of the battery, or remove the one on the connector side, if there are 2 on the battery. It should work fine then.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:05 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Just use a sharp knife or file to remove the bigger single rail/rib. And move the pull out tab to the other side of the battery, or remove the one on the connector side, if there are 2 on the battery. It should work fine then.
Thanks, I will work on modifying it.
I trimmed it up as you suggested it worked out perfect.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Last edited by Jasen40; Nov 06, 2012 at 01:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:54 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
I cannot catch a break with this bird,now one servo has gone out.I just put a new main and tail motor on it to.I have V911 Rx on order,I am going to attempt to use it on the Bravo, so I use my 9116tx with it. I have searched a bit, and found others have done this.Can you guys add some detail of what I may need to do for a successful mode.Thanks
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:19 PM
REYNALDO
rynldgalano's Avatar
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
Check this thread out.
thanks for the thread bro, i ordered to my LHS the Heli-Max MD530 and i hope it can fit my mcpx coz as i had read how to be the bravo is just exactly fit the Ncpx, am using a longer tailboom to hold the tail punch probably it can be to the MD530 and hoping before xmas will hand on.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:42 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
4,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
I cannot catch a break with this bird,now one servo has gone out.I just put a new main and tail motor on it to.I have V911 Rx on order,I am going to attempt to use it on the Bravo, so I use my 9116tx with it. I have searched a bit, and found others have done this.Can you guys add some detail of what I may need to do for a successful mode.Thanks

I've tried installing a V911 RX into a Bravo SX. Even got the bird to fly a bit

The problem you're going to have is that the big V911 RX servos are going to keep you from attaching the RX board to the mainframe. I haven't quite figured out the right solution to get it to fit properly. One idea would be to get longer screws than the stock Bravo screws. Another idea is to try to shave some of the plastic off of the servo housing to make it fit. I tried this way but it exposed the internal gearing of the servo and I didn't think that was good for the mechanism in the long term (dust & dirt can get in there).

I also had to mess with the linkage lengths to get them to the right size.

It's doable but you will need to fuss with it a little bit. Good luck!!!
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:43 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I've tried installing a V911 RX into a Bravo SX. Even got the bird to fly a bit

The problem you're going to have is that the big V911 RX servos are going to keep you from attaching the RX board to the mainframe. I haven't quite figured out the right solution to get it to fit properly. One idea would be to get longer screws than the stock Bravo screws. Another idea is to try to shave some of the plastic off of the servo housing to make it fit. I tried this way but it exposed the internal gearing of the servo and I didn't think that was good for the mechanism in the long term (dust & dirt can get in there).

I also had to mess with the linkage lengths to get them to the right size.

It's doable but you will need to fuss with it a little bit. Good luck!!!
I received my Rx today,and did opt for longer screws.I solder the red tail wire to the positive tab on the V911 Rx,and the gold to the negative.Upon first power on the transistor close to positive spot fried.Did I wire it backwards? I have other Wl toy birds.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:26 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
4,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
I received my Rx today,and did opt for longer screws.I solder the red tail wire to the positive tab on the V911 Rx,and the gold to the negative.Upon first power on the transistor close to positive spot fried.Did I wire it backwards? I have other Wl toy birds.


There may have been a short somewhere. I don't think that just soldering the motor backwards would hurt it like that. Sorry to hear that.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:04 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
frieslander's Avatar
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
I received my Rx today,and did opt for longer screws.I solder the red tail wire to the positive tab on the V911 Rx,and the gold to the negative.Upon first power on the transistor close to positive spot fried.Did I wire it backwards? I have other Wl toy birds.
There could be a short in the motor or the motor leads. Also you may accidently shorted the board when you soldered the leads on. Always check the circuit, better yet take a picture of the board with the old motor leads in place. Then after soldering check your connections against the picture to be sure you have soldered to the correct places and check for solder overflowing to another part of the circuit.

Too bad, it happens to all of us sooner or later.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:37 PM
Registered User
Romania, Buzau, Buzau
Joined Dec 2010
33 Posts
Hello everybody,
I manage to put the V911 rx inside BravoSX,nice setup,flying great but for a very SHORT time because the bird is too heavy(around 1 min).
BogGSM is offline Find More Posts by BogGSM
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:46 PM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,632 Posts
@Jasen40
To answer your question. Even if you wired it backwards, you won't burn the FET. That occurs when there is a short somewhere as the others have mentioned.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools