SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:43 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsta17_99 View Post
I would like to be able to charge and fly this little guy with the least amount of modding or work. Like if its easier to continue to use the oem battery then I would like to be able to use my regular battery charger and not the transmitter. Do they sell an adapter that I can buy to bridge the gap from the oem battery and say a jst plug?
You can make one with a spare skid and jst pigtail. That's what I did so I can charge my Solo Pro batteries on my B6AC.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:56 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,820 Posts
Yeah, I think modding the spare skids idea is the best one if you want to keep using the stock Bravo batteries but use a more universal charger. You can shave the plastic as needed.

However, with mine, I found that I could remove the inner plastic piece that holds the contacts. It appears to be glued in so you have to be careful when removing it. You'll probably end up destroying the plastic insert but with careful application of a needle nose pliers you should be able to get it out without damaging the skids.

Once you do that then you can fit an EFlite-style battery in there. Just solder on your own connector to the receiver and you can use the same battery that you use with your Blade FP helis. This is the route that I prefer. I've done this with my V911s and my TRex 100X as well.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:57 PM
North Carolina
Joined Oct 2005
88 Posts
SX on Bravo III Tx

I just got a bravo III and want to add a SX BNF. Will the SX work with my Bravo III Tx?
360 is offline Find More Posts by 360
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:35 PM
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Essen
Joined Feb 2012
39 Posts
Hi

Yes this works. The TX from the Bravo III also works with the SX.
OxigenO2 is offline Find More Posts by OxigenO2
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:33 AM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
I just got a Bravo SX and have a question about charging the battery. What does a blinking light on the charge LED on the transmitter mean? I know solid green is charging and turned off completely is done, but I'm not sure what blinking means.
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:20 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,290 Posts
Will the SX work with a J6pro?
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:49 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,437 Posts
The BravoSX and Nine Eagles 260 uses Nine Eagle's older protocol. Not the new protocol found in their J6,J5,J4 transmitters.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:45 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
The BravoSX and Nine Eagles 260 uses Nine Eagle's older protocol. Not the new protocol found in their J6,J5,J4 transmitters.
The only full size tx they work with is the NE-24tx.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:26 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,290 Posts
I picked up a used Bravo SX yesterday.Unhappy with the shaking and shuttering. I changed the rotor head for a V911 rotor head. I used the V911 blades, they are about .5 inch shorter. Also I used the new short V911 flybar. I am very pleased with the results, all the shaking is gone.
Also I am more happy with how she flys. It is almost as agile as my V911 helicopter.No problem with lift either from the shorter blades.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:05 PM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,609 Posts
I have a Stock Bravo SX and it has no shaking or stuttering. Fly great and very Agile.
I would tend to suspect that used SX you received had a damaged Rotor Head and the problem went away when you replaced the head from your V911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
I picked up a used Bravo SX yesterday.Unhappy with the shaking and shuttering. I changed the rotor head for a V911 rotor head. I used the V911 blades, they are about .5 inch shorter. Also I used the new short V911 flybar. I am very pleased with the results, all the shaking is gone.
Also I am more happy with how she flys. It is almost as agile as my V911 helicopter.No problem with lift either from the shorter blades.
jtravel is online now Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:29 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,873 Posts
Sounds like the previous owner crashed it one time too often and bent or broke a blade pivot. Glad to hear you got it fixed, the SX is a nice handling heli.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:43 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Sounds like the previous owner crashed it one time too often and bent or broke a blade pivot. Glad to hear you got it fixed, the SX is a nice handling heli.
Thanks.Over all I am happy with the $20 I paid for it. I ordered a CNC head and some other parts including a extra skid to build a battery charger.Flying this helicopter is nice,but during hovering, it is all over the place.I am going to spend some time with general inspection, manual,sub, and normal trimming to get it adjusted.When changed the rotor I did not open the canopy for an over all inspection.
Last edited by Jasen40; Oct 30, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:03 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,873 Posts
It could be that the V911 head is not a 100% drop in fit, and some things are now binding intermittently. The SX should be very stable in hover. Did you check the original head for damage, by replacing the blades?

Metal head on the SX is not recommended, as the SX is already quite heavy and will only fly 5 minutes at most on a stock 927 150 mAh lipo.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:48 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
426 Posts
FET compatibility? (Fixed - thanks RicksterRC)

After some time flying the V911s, I just got a Bravo SX. I love it, but I did something really stupid. During my first flight out in the driveway, my dog got out of the back yard. Instead of putting the heli away before going after the dog, I tucked it carefully under my arm so I could operate the joystick on my electric wheelchair. I held the transmitter in my lap. Unfortunately, I gave it full throttle. Before I realized what I had done, the damage was done. I seem to have fried the FET for the main motor. I know I can always buy a new board, but I'm hoping I can save this one. ...and a few bucks. I can solder, but I don't know one FET from another. (although I would probably recognize Boba Fet if he was soldered to the board.) I have a dead V911 heli. Does anybody know if the Bravo SX FET and the V911 FET are interchangeable? (If I can desolder a FET from the V911 and solder it onto the Bravo board without damaging anything.)

Thanks a bunch!

Rick

Many thanks to RicksterRC for helping me to bring it back to life.
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Last edited by Ricomon; Nov 13, 2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Got an answer, and fixed the heli!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:44 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
Is this heli can fly with a breeze as the mcpx do?
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano