HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:48 AM
Registered Canopy Crusher
United Kingdom, Scotland, Insch
Joined Apr 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabit View Post
this is a bravo i converted to a pro, i used a pro frame and tail fin, shorten the fly bar with less weight it really scoots
I'm really interested in doing this with my new sx, is it straight forward?
weeb is offline Find More Posts by weeb
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:25 PM
Joined Jun 2012
36 Posts
Helps!
My ne 320a keeps on bind and unblinded - intermittent binding. Is it a faulty rx?
David LKB is offline Find More Posts by David LKB
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:23 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,080 Posts
Possible causes, a shorting motor, bad contact with the battery and/or the wire between skids and receiver. Since the Bravo SX is a little harder to service than the more "open" designs, with half canopy, you could try cleaning the metal strips on the battery and battery holder first, with rubbing alcohol. Be careful not to short the battery when working with fluids, a drop on a cotton swab is enough.

It could also be your battery has died, if the voltage drops too far as you power up the motors, the receiver will reboot/unbind.

Should none of these things help, and you have tested with a known good battery, you have to remove the canopy, and unplug the motors. If bind stays ok then, plug one back, see what happens. If the problem returns with one of the motors plugged back on, that motor has been damaged, and is causing short circuit, draining the power, and forcing the board to reboot/unbind
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Apr 2012
218 Posts
Hi, guys. I wanted to read this entire thread before adding my two cents` worth. Great info and advice. I just bought a Bravo SX, and more recently bought a second one. I was an R/C airplane pilot for years and decided about 2 or 3 years ago to try helicopters. I wanted to go electric because (a) they look and sound more scale and turbine-like, and (b) nitro helis always look like they are on fire.
I tried 4 different helis over the last 2-3 years and never got past sliding around on the floor. When I saw the Bravo SX I thought I`d make one last attempt and bought one. What a fantastiic machine! By the third battery I was flying around the house. I`m still working on a decent hover (I need to trim, I think) but once you jump it out of ground effect it flies pretty easily. I`ve even banged it into a wall or two with NO damage and that makes you relaxed to try to fly more and learn more. This is one bulletproof heli.
I modified my SXs by adding N-numbers, a bent wire to the leading edge and below the rear fin, removing the LED light pods and installing a single 3mm ultra-bright LED landing light to one heli and red and green SMD ultra-bright LED nav lights to the other. (I used the scale locations at the lower corners below both doors instead of the other, more-used, tip of the skids locations) I also removed the battery connectors on the skids and installed connectors from Parkzone so I can use Thunder Power 160s. With all the removed material, and with the added lights and tailskid, they came out at 32g with battery.
If you go to airliners.net and select the MD500 series photos, they have tons of great MD500E photos. Some show the white with blk/org stripes of the NE Bravo SX. The other NE color schemes are also scale- there are pictures of the white/blue "camo" pattern and the dark blue with white stripes version. On my second Bravo I painted over the blk/org scheme to make it a black/red scheme with larger area covering the vertical fin, as in one of the photos on that site.
I also discovered that you can remove the fuselage easily by removing all screws, pulling the fuse clear of the skids, then spreading the tail boom open and carefully pulling the entire fuselage forward over the mechanicals. The factory fuselage is glued at the windshield with CA, I believe, but the replacement fuselages just snap together. I`m trying one without gluing it to see if it holds up without glue.( It`s nicer to split the fuselage halves in two to access everything.)
I don`t understand all the complaints about noise. It`s a HELICOPTER! Did you ever hear a quiet helicopter? (Airwolf and Blue Thunder don`t exist!) I wish it were louder. I love that turbine whine and blade noise!
Thanks again for all your input and advice on this heli.
MiG29Fulcrum is offline Find More Posts by MiG29Fulcrum
Last edited by MiG29Fulcrum; Sep 23, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:33 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,488 Posts
I always get a knick out of noise complaint with an electric heli.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:43 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,080 Posts
The noise levels on the Bravo SX tend to vary a little. I have one that sounds indeed turbine like, and I like it a lot. But another one sounds really screeching and although it also flies very nice, I like the more agreeable sounding better. Outdoor there is no issue, but inside the walls reflect the sounds.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:55 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
The noise levels on the Bravo SX tend to vary a little. I have one that sounds indeed turbine like, and I like it a lot. But another one sounds really screeching and although it also flies very nice, I like the more agreeable sounding better. Outdoor there is no issue, but inside the walls reflect the sounds.
LOL. I've just picked up the Bravo SX. For what it's worth, it certainly is a bit louder than the non-full fuselage FP micro helis on the market (as far as I'm aware...) and so if people are only used to the sound of a SoloPro or MSR, I can see why people say this heli appears to be much louder. Put it this way...my wife complained about the noise of this heli (flying indoors of course) but doesn't mind the sound of my other micro FP pod & boom helis. I'm guessing the fuselage causes the sound to reverberate a bit more inside? However, it's all relative, you know? It's also not like you fly 450-size electrics (or larger), or gassers, or nitro helis indoors anyways...

But I digress. I love the looks of this heli and think it's the best full fuselage MD500 you can buy in this size. I'm gonna collect all the color fuselages eventually...
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:10 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,080 Posts
So true, relative to most pod and boom it's loud, but a high headspeed CP micro will be much more high pitched for example, which can also sound pretty loud.

Still, the nice fuselage and the solid handling makes it look really nice in the air, and pay less attention to the small drawback of the harder sound. And outdoor it even adds to the image of a scale heli, as it zooms by, with it's slighly higher rpm giving more blade noise as well, awesome indeed!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Apr 2012
218 Posts
Every time I look at the Bravo SX I`m amazed at the scale details. I`ve had larger scale MD500E fuselages with half the detail of the Bravo. The panel detail, hinges, even the foot pegs on the skids! Nine Eagles does fantastic work.
And I haven `t had one issue mechanically, so I`m guessing they got all the bugs out by now.
BTW, I also painted two white stripes on the tips of the main blades and tail rotor. Looks really neat when they`re moving.
I used Walmart acrylic paints with a brush on the stripes on my second heli. What paints have you guys used on the fuselages? Any spray paints that hold well and don`t flake off?
MiG29Fulcrum is offline Find More Posts by MiG29Fulcrum
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:28 AM
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Feb 2011
146 Posts
Not to jump into the middle of the conversations, and I know I should read the whole thread but its so big that I'd like some quick clarification before i jump to buy this helicopter. Alot of the first part of this thread says that the batteries that come with it are their own build, but to use other batteries such as eflite you have to make a battery adapter. The new helicopters coming out look like they have the battery adapter already on the landing skids? Is this true or is that the connection to the esc board? Any advice and clarification would go a long way . thanks
Hoopsta17_99 is offline Find More Posts by Hoopsta17_99
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:40 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,504 Posts
The new connector is very new. The people who has it, haven't verified if it's the ultra micro connectors widely used...or the larger version used on the mCPX. Ernuckle2 has purchased one to find out. Still awaiting delivery. I think this question has come up a couple of times within the last few pages. At this point, it's anybody's guess. But if it is the smaller micro connector widely in use, then it's pretty cool.

The early days, it was hard to source the v911 battery. Nowadays, it's easier to find. So I wouldn't let that deter you. It's a great first heli if you haven't flown a FP before. Worth just having in the collection if you already own others. Hard to beat for the price.

On long threads, I like to read backwards.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:26 AM
CP Newbie & Warbird Nut
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
The new connector is very new. The people who has it, haven't verified if it's the ultra micro connectors widely used...or the larger version used on the mCPX. Ernuckle2 has purchased one to find out. Still awaiting delivery. I think this question has come up a couple of times within the last few pages. At this point, it's anybody's guess. But if it is the smaller micro connector widely in use, then it's pretty cool.

The early days, it was hard to source the v911 battery. Nowadays, it's easier to find. So I wouldn't let that deter you. It's a great first heli if you haven't flown a FP before. Worth just having in the collection if you already own others. Hard to beat for the price.

On long threads, I like to read backwards.
Darryoon, I think you got your threads mixed up. To answer the OP question: best to get original NE battery as this is a very good battery with a somewhat rare connector type. You can find other batterys that have this connector style, but most do not perform as well as the Nine Eagles one. If you are located in the US, a good place to get one is ClubHeli.com.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:33 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,504 Posts
LOL. I just realized that. hehehehe pardon me guys.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
removed - wrong heli
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Last edited by gordonzo; Oct 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: error
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:32 PM
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Feb 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
Darryoon, I think you got your threads mixed up. To answer the OP question: best to get original NE battery as this is a very good battery with a somewhat rare connector type. You can find other batterys that have this connector style, but most do not perform as well as the Nine Eagles one. If you are located in the US, a good place to get one is ClubHeli.com.
I would like to be able to charge and fly this little guy with the least amount of modding or work. Like if its easier to continue to use the oem battery then I would like to be able to use my regular battery charger and not the transmitter. Do they sell an adapter that I can buy to bridge the gap from the oem battery and say a jst plug?
Hoopsta17_99 is offline Find More Posts by Hoopsta17_99