Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:36 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,420 Posts
Fun flight from my rooftop at sunset with my Bravo SX.

Bravo SX Rooftop Sunset Flight (2 min 53 sec)
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:39 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Well, if you want a small heli that is component based so that you do not have to replace the whole RX every time something goes wrong, I would recommend the WASP 100. They are affordable and they come with small servos, a stand alone receiver. I think they are pretty darn cool. I actually plan to buy one soon to add to my small fleet.

I think it's better than the Solo Pro and Bravo SX. For one, you won't have to worry about flybar strikes with this little heli.

Here's what it looks like under the hood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKj4CRs8ew8

Note that I'm recommending this bird because it's in the same price range as the NE helis of its size. There are really nice helis in the 100 size category made by other companies but you have to pay more for them.
I do like the config of parts as separate modules vs the NE setup. I chose NE because of low price & good availability of parts but it requires much tinkering & money replacing Rx to get them to fly the way I like. The Wasp looks like a tempting alternative to NE as a trainer & indoor flying. I think this topic should go into a separate thread for considering alternative helis in same class & price range as Bravo SX.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:31 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,092 Posts
Someone explained with some drawings what the Xtreme head was not doing right. I thought it was in this thread. I'm trying to pass this information on to Xtreme, so they can alter the design, but fail to find the posting with the information. Hope someone remembers where it is.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:23 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Someone explained with some drawings what the Xtreme head was not doing right. I thought it was in this thread. I'm trying to pass this information on to Xtreme, so they can alter the design, but fail to find the posting with the information. Hope someone remembers where it is.
Is this in regards to the Xtreme delrin head?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1089

Xtreme should also consider a method to restrict feathering to the vertical axis.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1234095

Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:14 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
Is this in regards to the Xtreme delrin head?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1089

Xtreme should also consider a method to restrict feathering to the vertical axis.

Yes, that first posting is the one I mean. The other things might be a matter of more stiff o-rings, I'll advise them to look into that. But I think the first issue is more limiting, as it also creates some extra noise in flight. Although stiffer rubber o rings will also limit the option of the blade root rubbing against the center of the shaft.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:34 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Yes, that first posting is the one I mean. The other things might be a matter of more stiff o-rings, I'll advise them to look into that. But I think the first issue is more limiting, as it also creates some extra noise in flight. Although stiffer rubber o rings will also limit the option of the blade root rubbing against the center of the shaft.
I was thinking milling a vertical slot for the feathering shaft instead of a round hole all the way through might work in combo with stiff o-rings.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:37 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
828 Posts
Hi, my name is Jon and I just purchased a Bravo SX from MyRCmart. Out of the box the heli needed only 1 or 2 clicks of rudder trim to achieve a stable hover. However, after the the second battery my heli pirouettes to left even with full right trim.The pirouette rate to the right with 0 trim is a lot slower than to the left. Should I go into sub-trim mode and adjust the rudder trim?
jlk69 is online now Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:45 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,097 Posts
I find it odd that it decides to behave like that after the second battery. Have you tried reinserting the battery. Make sure to let the heli rest undisturbed as it calibrates it's gyros.

On the mSR manual, E-Flite explicitly state this. You can rest it on it's side or on it's skids, as long as it's not moved or touched during the 1-3seconds the LED is flashing and the gyro is being calibrated.

See if that helps any.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:47 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
828 Posts
This behavior was repeated even when using a different battery. Daryoon, were talking about the Nine Eagles Bravo SX not the mSR. Daryoon I sent you a Private Message. Is the procedure for entering sub-trim mode the same for the Solo Pro?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:22 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,097 Posts
jlk69: I know we're talking about the Bravo SX. My point being that E-Flite specifically state that gyro calibration happens at the beginning upon inserting the battery into the heli.

I just figure it's may be good practice doing the same with Nine Eagles helis.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:34 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
828 Posts
OK, I didn't mean to be rude. I thought maybe you mixed up threads. I will try that with my Bravo.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:00 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
828 Posts
OK, I tried that but it still pirouettes to the left with 0 rudder trim. And yes I found this behavior odd considering how good it flew out of the box. By the way I pulled a couple of thin carpet hairs off the tail rotor shaft and the blade spins with out much resistance.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:05 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
Hi, my name is Jon and I just purchased a Bravo SX from MyRCmart. Out of the box the heli needed only 1 or 2 clicks of rudder trim to achieve a stable hover. However, after the the second battery my heli pirouettes to left even with full right trim.The pirouette rate to the right with 0 trim is a lot slower than to the left. Should I go into sub-trim mode and adjust the rudder trim?
Bravo SX and Solo Pro use the same Rx board.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...63&postcount=2

Trim Issues:

Q 2: I need almost maximum trim to hold the tail straight. Or the tail is very "twitchy/shaky". This can't be good, right?

A: This can be a sign your tail motor is (going) bad, especially if you have to move the trim a lot to the right, but it can also be that the tail rotor is not fully okay, or your base setting for the rudder stick is way off. If replacing the tail rotor won't help, you can adjust the base setting for rudder trim. With the TX in mode 2, power up TX and heli, then press the little button on the back of the TX a few times in quick succession. The button is located near where the antenna is mounted. You will hear a beep and notice all trims are set to neutral. Now you can fly like usual (except the rudder stick will do nothing!) and make trim adjustments, but you won't see the trim indicators moving. Adjust the tail trim until it is holding well, and land the heli. Press the little button on the back one more time to hear an affirmative beep the new setting is locked in. Now trims will move again, but since the tail is holding with the new setting, you have equal “trimming space” to both sides again. You may also notice the tail responds better in both directions.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:59 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
828 Posts
Yeah, I tried going into sub-trim mode but I am still having problems so maybe the tail motor is bad. I did order some extra parts but didn't get an extra tail motor. I guess I'll fly it some more and see if the tail motor goes out completely. However this makes learning that much more difficult because I am having to hold right rudder for straight flight or hover. I need to find a big indoor flying spot close to my house.
Last edited by jlk69; Oct 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:33 AM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
I have a Bravo SX with rudder subtrim not working at all (but it flies well).
Also SoloPro said he had a similar problem....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=933

Why this happens on some models I don't know...
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat