Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:14 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,
I guess, I have bought the Ebay-motor in March to try it in the mCP x tail - but it did not work (not sure, if it was exactly the same motor).
The Aliexpress motor is very expensive and it is 7 mm diameter, Bravo SX tailmotor is 6 mm.

Walter
The Aliexpress price is for a lot of 10 motors so $1.416 each. I was curious because it has been used as a Solo Pro tail motor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissymmetry View Post
After burning a number of tailmotors, all of which failed progressively, and consistantly, I replaced mine (originally 0615) with a 0716. I had to make 2 cuts in the plastic basket that holds the tailmotor, to allow it to expand to fit the larger motor, but it's been there ever since, outlasting most of it's predecessors, combined. It's a little bit heavy in the tail, but not much, and it turns great.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:53 PM
Joined May 2008
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I don't understand. I want to help but I don't understand.
Just pick it up and hold it in your hand steady. Throttle up slowly whilst holding full right rudder. Tail motor should linearly increase rpm throughout the the throttle.

Mine doesn't but in flight it's not so evident cos gyro punches through these "dead spots". In addition I never saw this behavior on my solo pro when using solo pro rx. I noticed a tail wag similar to my bravo sx when I replaced the rx with a bravo sx one.

This makes me suspicious that it might be rx related, but can't know for shure untill someone tests this with a same rx.
KeljuK is offline Find More Posts by KeljuK
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,131 Posts
OK, I can do this for ya. Will test slowly increasing throttle to max with full right rudder and will report my findings later. Stay tuned.

Regards,

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:08 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
I have a Bravo SX with a Rx purchased from MyRCMart purchased 2.5 weeks ago. About 30sec after lifting off the tail motor will start to stutter, heli will loose power & drop spinning to the ground.

Things I tried to fix:

- new heli lipos, tested on a 2nd heli flew ok

- new tx batteries

- new main motor & tail motor

- checked any kind of binding & mechanical problems

- checked for loose wires & bad connections

Problem still exist. Is is possible the Rx is defective?
Last edited by Brosol; Sep 25, 2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 03:13 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,131 Posts
Keljuk,

I tested as you asked. I'm not sure how helpful it will be but here it is:

BravoSX Bench Test (2 min 36 sec)

You can see that there are fluctuations in tail rotor RPM because the tail is vibrating left-right a bit. I also noticed that fluctuations vary depending on the main motor rpm. This said, this seems to be normal operation since this heli flies well and the fluctuations can not be observed during flight.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 25, 2011, 03:22 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
I have a Bravo SX with a Rx purchased from MyRCMart purchased 2.5 weeks ago. About 30sec after lifting off the tail motor will start to stutter, heli will loose power & drop spinning to the ground.

Things I tried to fix:

- new heli lipos, tested on a 2nd heli flew ok

- new tx batteries

- new main motor & tail motor

- checked any kind of binding

- checked for loose wires & bad connections

Problem still exist. Is is possible the Rx is defective?
Do you have another RX you can fit in there to test? Considering your list of troubleshooting, I can't see what else would be faulty but the RX.

So it flies well for about 30 seconds and then it craps out? If you put in a new battery, does it fly well again right away for 30 seconds? Or do you have to wait for the heli to cool down before you get 30 seconds of normal flying?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 25, 2011, 03:40 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Do you have another RX you can fit in there to test? Considering your list of troubleshooting, I can't see what else would be faulty but the RX.

So it flies well for about 30 seconds and then it craps out? If you put in a new battery, does it fly well again right away for 30 seconds? Or do you have to wait for the heli to cool down before you get 30 seconds of normal flying?
I have another heli to test fly & confirm the lipos are ok. Then I tested fly on the problem Bravo SX.....showed the same behavior about 30sec into the flight, the tails goes, loss of lift & power, lose height spinning to the ground. Swap the lipo back to other heli and it flys ok.

I think the motor controller chips on the Rx are bad. This was a replacement Rx for another Rx with a suspected bad tail motor controller chip. I think there's a QC problem with RX-01 2010-7-27 Rx boards.
Last edited by Brosol; Sep 25, 2011 at 03:51 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 03:43 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,131 Posts
Sounds like it takes 30 seconds for something to heat up on the RX and then things go awry. I think you probably need a new RX.

Regards,

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 25, 2011, 03:58 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like it takes 30 seconds for something to heat up on the RX and then things go awry. I think you probably need a new RX.

Regards,

Chris
I'm getting sick of having to purchase replacement Rx...the costs start to add up. Its possible to replace the SMD motor controller chip yourself but it requires basic SMD tools which I don't have yet. I ruined one Rx during a repair using a old Radio Shack soldering iron and its hard to see & work with such small parts.

Quote:
Thanks for the SMD soldering links. There's also videos on SMD soldering/desoldering on YouTube. Might try it when I'm in the right mindset....I only have basic tools.
Possible compatible transistors. Need to find a source that sells in small qty & cheap shipping:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post17105619

http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/D...M7Avzpaw%3d%3d

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...3420U-7DICT-ND

I also have a NE210A Solo Rx that has a bad servo, part N801 with naked eye might work.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:03 AM
Joined May 2008
60 Posts
Quote:
OK, I can do this for ya. Will test slowly increasing throttle to max with full right rudder and will report my findings later. Stay tuned.

Regards,

Chris
Cheers mate!
KeljuK is offline Find More Posts by KeljuK
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:06 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
I will contact MyRCMart regarding returning the Rx for NE warranty repair/replacment. This could take several weeks.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:05 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
I will contact MyRCMart regarding returning the Rx for NE warranty repair/replacment. This could take several weeks.
I don't get why I'm having such bad luck with NE Rx: NE210A Solo, NE310A Bravo III and now Bravo Sx. All problems are servo & motor controller related. I wish such components were separate modules not requiring to replace the whole NE Rx when faults occur. I'm not going to dump anymore money into NE helis or parts. Time to move on to something besides NE but what are the better alternatives brand helis?

MyRCMart has generously offered to take the Rx back for NE factory repair even though the time period for item returns and exchanges has expired.
Last edited by Brosol; Sep 25, 2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:39 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,131 Posts
Well, if you want a small heli that is component based so that you do not have to replace the whole RX every time something goes wrong, I would recommend the WASP 100. They are affordable and they come with small servos, a stand alone receiver. I think they are pretty darn cool. I actually plan to buy one soon to add to my small fleet.

I think it's better than the Solo Pro and Bravo SX. For one, you won't have to worry about flybar strikes with this little heli.

Here's what it looks like under the hood:

*新古機*SKYARTEC WASP MINI 100(PICTURES FOR SALE) (1 min 31 sec)

Note that I'm recommending this bird because it's in the same price range as the NE helis of its size. There are really nice helis in the 100 size category made by other companies but you have to pay more for them.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:59 AM
working to the closest cm
brisbane australia
Joined Nov 2002
2,127 Posts
Wasp 100

Quote:
Well, if you want a small heli that is component based so that you do not have to replace the whole RX every time something goes wrong, I would recommend the WASP 100. They are affordable and they come with small servos, a stand alone receiver. I think they are pretty darn cool. I actually plan to buy one soon to add to my small fleet.
........snip .....
Initial reports don't look all that encouraging..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1350697&page=2
jirvin_4505 is offline Find More Posts by jirvin_4505
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:35 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,131 Posts
The initial reports aren't that bad from where I look at it. Main thing is the bad brushed motor but it can easily be upgraded to BL. As for the plastic quality, this is only an issue if you crash it hard. I very rarely crash 4 channels helis anymore. Also, miraclemart stocks 90% of the parts and they are cheap. They sell the RTF WASP 100 for 50 bucks... The price is right, in my opinion. It's 20 bucks cheaper than the Bravo SX.

Regards,

Chris
Site Sponsor