Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
bravo sx

only weight lipo-spirit Coaxial: 3.7 v 3.8 gr 110mha
pro lipo weight only: 3.7 v 3.8 gr 120mha
weight lipo bravo sx: 3.7 v 150mha 4.7gr
weight model bravo sx: 29.7gr
All lipo Nine Eagles 3.7 can be mounted on bravo sx
without problems you can never burn receiver, because the system has adopted the nine eagles spirit-only (closed battery compartment)
I even mounted lipo Nine Eagles twingo ..............
marconos is offline Find More Posts by marconos
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2010, 12:17 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marconos View Post
only weight lipo-spirit Coaxial: 3.7 v 3.8 gr 110mha
pro lipo weight only: 3.7 v 3.8 gr 120mha
weight lipo bravo sx: 3.7 v 150mha 4.7gr
weight model bravo sx: 29.7gr
All lipo Nine Eagles 3.7 can be mounted on bravo sx
without problems you can never burn receiver, because the system has adopted the nine eagles spirit-only (closed battery compartment)
I even mounted lipo Nine Eagles twingo ..............
So they use the heavy 150 mAh lipo, same as the Hyperion and Intellect 160, that also weigh 4.7 gr. So we can gain some by using a 4 gr Thunder Power 160, or the even lighter 125 mAh Thunder Power, which is 3.4gr.

29.7gr for the heli without battery is a little heavy indeed, the Solo Pro weighs less with battery. The main motor must have had an upgrade then as well, if I were to add 5 gr to a stock Solo Pro, it might barely lift off...

How long can the Bravo SX fly with that 150 mAh lipo?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Oct 30, 2010, 09:50 AM
Denver, CO
Joined May 2010
60 Posts
so, is anyone actually selling this yet? we wants it, precious.
bechtelfriend is offline Find More Posts by bechtelfriend
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:11 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bechtelfriend View Post
so, is anyone actually selling this yet? we wants it, precious.
I understand some demonstration units were sold on a show, but haven't seen it listed in webshops yet.
Old Nov 04, 2010, 08:48 PM
MicroHelis-Humanoid Robotics
Joined Jul 2007
233 Posts
just noticed this thread! the Bravo SX should be really cool to fly around...one setback is the fuselage material, my experience with the Bravo's fuselage was an extreme pain of taking it off and putting it back together..it's extremely hard to click and manipulate,should ave been solid practical plastic even with some added weight
PicooMan is offline Find More Posts by PicooMan
Old Nov 05, 2010, 01:35 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicooMan View Post
just noticed this thread! the Bravo SX should be really cool to fly around...one setback is the fuselage material, my experience with the Bravo's fuselage was an extreme pain of taking it off and putting it back together..it's extremely hard to click and manipulate,should ave been solid practical plastic even with some added weight
What is the fuselage made of then? The same thing stuff of the standard canopy? What does the fuselage weigh btw?
Old Nov 07, 2010, 03:41 PM
MicroHelis-Humanoid Robotics
Joined Jul 2007
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
What is the fuselage made of then? The same thing stuff of the standard canopy? What does the fuselage weigh btw?
don know about weight,yes it's canopy material and it's clicking points are all flimzy took me hours to take off and couldn't put it back together correctly,it should be way more friendly..solid plastic clickings should be the way to go.
PicooMan is offline Find More Posts by PicooMan
Old Nov 07, 2010, 04:47 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicooMan View Post
don know about weight,yes it's canopy material and it's clicking points are all flimzy took me hours to take off and couldn't put it back together correctly,it should be way more friendly..solid plastic clickings should be the way to go.
The big problem with complete canopies is that any canopy must be light. Making them stronger adds weight. However there could be a better design that comes off easier. Wasting a lot of time removing a tiny canopy is beyond a lot of members' patience.

On the larger helis like the Esky Dauphin, Esky Hunter and the Esky Robins the canopy halves are bonded. The blades need to be taken off th remove the canopies. This is a PITA!

The Esky V4 splits in the center into a front and rear half and is easier to remove. Maybe that type is the solution here. The tail section might still be a problem with the rear motor and blades.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Nov 07, 2010, 11:18 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,017 Posts
I wonder how this will do in sales next to the Trex 100? Is this slated for holidays or in new year?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:39 AM
staff tecnico-prismalia-techn
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
finally you can see the good in-flight left,
pultroppo room because of wind and not effective
the video is not perfect, but very soon I will take
buy a new camera for video.
flies divinely .................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1TTjeKKPS8
Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:02 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,875 Posts
Wow! It moves so fast, and yet very smooth control in turns and when going slow. And that scale canopy looks so cool.

The music on the vid is a little distorted though, you might want to alter that if possible, but otherwise, great vid and nice flying!
Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:25 PM
staff tecnico-prismalia-techn
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Wow! It moves so fast, and yet very smooth control in turns and when going slow. And that scale canopy looks so cool.

The music on the vid is a little distorted though, you might want to alter that if possible, but otherwise, great vid and nice flying!
yes, the sound is not good, but only the beginning of the assembly,
mix problems,
the good left amazes me more and more, true flies, body good
congratulations to the nine eagles
guessed model
Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:26 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I wonder how this will do in sales next to the Trex 100? Is this slated for holidays or in new year?
Hey guys. Just wanted to pop in and let you know that parts have been released, and helis should arrive late November, early December. I've got a unit in hand (dark blue) and will get some video up shortly. Looks like NE got just about everything right. Still using the SP flybar, but it's a very smooth flyer. Don't know if the flybar will ever be an issue, unless you try and fly this in other ways then intended. It should definitely be enjoyed in stock form, atleast for awhile. Punch out isn't as responsive as the SP due to the added weight, but flight time is coming in around 7-8 minutes with the 150 pack (more to come on this, I've only got a few packs in it). Everything your seeing in that video is spot on. The RX-01 does a great job. It does what you expect, without any funky characteristics. Control is precise, and I think the added weight actually helps it. The best thing is it looks flat out awesome in the air. I'm a huge fan of the SP, but this little bird is just too much fun.
Rick Hauler is offline Find More Posts by Rick Hauler
Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:31 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanbanlo View Post
Does this work with Solo Pro's TX?

Will there be a BNF version?

Thx
Not initially. Full set with Aluminum case will be available first. EZBind hopefully mid-late December.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:37 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Nice deal. By different batteries, you wouldn't happen to have the older type of Solo Pro batteries, without the "key-notch"? Since these won't really fit the new type battery holder. Unless they changed the battery connector a little again, to make sure you can't use the 120 batteries and have to buy a couple of the new 150 batteries to fly longer. Well, since the new batteries would still fit the current charger, the changes, if any, can't be that critical, and might be just a matter of trimming of one ridge to get full compatibility. Not that it would be advisable to use a stock 120 battery in a heavier heli. They already don't live long in the Solo Pro...

Do you have a precision scale so you can post accurate weight with and without battery?
Any "original" battery will work on the SX. Any "keyed" SP battery would need to be cut. I flew a Solo/Draco 110 battery, and CG wasn't great. The length of the 150 helps bring the weight closer to mainshaft.