HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:54 PM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
[...]

Thanks, but $30 shipping :O
For United States 5.62 (HK Air Parcel with tracking)

Where is your shipping destination?
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Last edited by helicopcat; Jun 15, 2011 at 02:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:42 PM
Joined May 2011
42 Posts
The Twingo tandem coxial lipo charger won't work I talked too much. There is only one charger!
McCauley is offline Find More Posts by McCauley
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:09 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCauley View Post
The Twingo tandem coxial lipo charger won't work I talked too much. There is only one charger!
Ok, that makes things more clear. The only thing that can be different is the shape of the charge slots.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 15, 2011, 04:36 AM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat View Post
For United States 5.62 (HK Air Parcel with tracking)

Where is your shipping destination?
Midwest - once I entered my address the S&H went from $30 to 5 and change like you say. Wonder where you have to like to qualify for $30 shipping!
I managed to resist buying any more NE choppers, for now. Tempted by the Bravo 3 or 'normal' 4-ch coax, don't have any of these yet only 3-ch coaxs and chinooks and the MSR& Bravo SX. The single rotors are a little too hi performance to enjoy inside, a 4-ch coax may be the best bet.
I think the Bravo III is only available in RTF, so will likely eventually get a BNF Solo.
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Old Jun 16, 2011, 09:04 PM
United States, OH, New Vienna
Joined Mar 2011
271 Posts
I was reading back a few pages on the motor problems, and figured I'd add my 2 cents. I just purchased 2 Bravo SX's last week, a camo, and a white one. On my maiden flight with the white one, I flew through the first battery with no problem. On the second battery after about a minute or so she fell from the air. Turned out to be a faulty motor, replaced it with a spare from Club Heli and all is well. Camo one has no issues so far. I thought the white looked a little plain, so I gave her a make over. Has anyone noticed while cutting sharp turns the tail rotor hits the horizontal on the tail, or am I just trying too hard to break something....lol
og1974 is offline Find More Posts by og1974
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:31 AM
Joined May 2011
166 Posts
If you look at the TR100 mods link, when fitting the Bravo body i decided to invert the tail unit and shorten the boom a little. This places the rotor on the other side of the body and gives far more clearance from the horizontal stabilizer. You will need to reverse the tail rotor blade to compensate.
Little bit more care with landing as the rotor now comes just below the lower vertical stabilizer.
h106frp is offline Find More Posts by h106frp
Old Jun 17, 2011, 03:44 AM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
looking good!
Haven't noticed the tail prop hitting the tail yet, but have bounced the tail on the ground a few times. Wish they made the skids 1/8 longer towards the rear. How well are yours able to hover? I'm still finding the the throttle very touchy, esp around 60percent i.e. Hovering.
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Old Jun 17, 2011, 09:47 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
for typically how long do the motors last on these where they start showing signs of decreased performance, i assume they are brushed?
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:28 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Yep, brushed motors scorp. It's hard to give a definitive answer as there are a lot of variables at play, but the main motor will last for ages (years) if treated with care. The tail motor is usually the one to go, but even they can last for many months if not more. Depends on the luck of the draw and how well you look after them.

I've flown my Solo Pro for months on a daily basis and both my motors are fine. I have backups of each as they are only $3-$4 to buy.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:56 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Yep, brushed motors scorp. It's hard to give a definitive answer as there are a lot of variables at play, but the main motor will last for ages (years) if treated with care. The tail motor is usually the one to go, but even they can last for many months if not more. Depends on the luck of the draw and how well you look after them.

I've flown my Solo Pro for months on a daily basis and both my motors are fine. I have backups of each as they are only $3-$4 to buy.
as long as they last at least 100 flights since motor replacement cost is cheap enough that should be good enough.

any heat issues you are aware on these since its fully fuselaged?

and the radio on the SX is the same as solo pro right, in other words it will bind either of the two unlike the new NE radios that do not?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:06 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
I don't have the SX, only the Solo Pro, but they are nearly the same. The SX has larger motors so they may last even longer, as long as you don't get a dud. I haven't heard any reports of heat issues, just that the fuselage makes the heli a bit louder.

Re the TX, yep, the same TX can be used on all the current Nine Eagles helis (Solo, Free Spirit Micro, Free Spirit Single Rotor, Bravo III, Solo Pro, Bravo SX etc.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:18 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
cool thanks frank.

i needed to add two FPs to my collection since the kids have seen my 250 and now they want a single blade as well so bravo sx and solo pro are an ideal fit being small enough and not dangerous as there is no way i'd let them fly a CP projectile, at least not yet
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:27 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Solo Pro will be more crash resistant. Parts are dirt cheap, as is the heli actually, and if you teach your kids to cut the throttle before impact you won't be needing to perform any repairs.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:57 PM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
[...]Re the TX, yep, the same TX can be used on all the current Nine Eagles helis (Solo, Free Spirit Micro, Free Spirit Single Rotor, Bravo III, Solo Pro, Bravo SX etc.
I have a Bravo SX (RTF) and a Solo Pro (BnF). They bind with my TX with no problems. I also fine tuned the trims in sub-trim mode for a perfect hovering, so I can fly the two models leaving aileron and elevator trims centered.
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:11 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,910 Posts
Quote:
Solo Pro will be more crash resistant. Parts are dirt cheap, as is the heli actually, and if you teach your kids to cut the throttle before impact you won't be needing to perform any repairs.
Some reported the SX being more crash resistant, as the body shields the inside, like the board, better. Also the SX skids seem to be as durable as the best batches of Solo Pro skids.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member