SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:26 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCauley View Post
I prefer a TX for each flying machine. Personnal preference.
Well, depending on the number of NE helis you own
No problem with two or three, but...

Of course this would be good - do not have to adjust trims all the time in the beginning.
Best would be a tx with model memory for NE stuff.

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2011, 01:45 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Best would be a tx with model memory for NE stuff.
+1. Saves having to stockpile TX batteries or having to transfer them from TX to TX.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jun 06, 2011, 02:45 AM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
[...]Of course this would be good - do not have to adjust trims all the time in the beginning.[...]
I adjusted trims only one time in subtrim mode, either in my Bravo SX and Solo Pro, so I have to set only rudder trim for each flight depending on battery status.
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Jun 06, 2011, 03:58 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat View Post
I adjusted trims only one time in subtrim mode, either in my Bravo SX and Solo Pro, so I have to set only rudder trim for each flight depending on battery status.
... but you have to use a tx for each heli.
Do not want to have 11 NE heli tx's

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Jun 06, 2011, 04:21 AM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
... but you have to use a tx for each heli.
Do not want to have 11 NE heli tx's

Walter
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I use only one TX (Bravo SX), I bought my Solo Pro in BnF version.

They are binded on the same TX, no other operation needed.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 06:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
How much for the NE Bravo SX 320A?
Micheal99 is offline Find More Posts by Micheal99
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:00 AM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,932 Posts
SX in Tokyo

While in Tokyo for the week I broke down and bought a Bravo SX from a tiny store in Akihabara, along with a spare main shaft and battery.
Cost for this RTF kit (no metal case) was 108 yen or ~$140 at the pitiful 77yen/US$.

As cool as the black one is (Japan only version?) had to go with the white body for visibility. In addition to RTF kits in all colors they also sold what seemed like all spares including fuselages for $35; just couldn't justify a spare black body at that price as nice as they are.

I flew her for a few minutes in my smallish hotel room: hovers at ~60% throttle and trimmed out easily. A bit tricky to bind (after switching antenna for mode 2 had to turn on with left stick depressed).
My only other 4-channel experience is with a slightly modded MSR. The SX easily wins in the looks department, will take some more flights to fully evaluate the pros/cons of either.
The store also had a larger version of the solo pro, called the 180V I think?
Anyway, I could have bought a MCXP for close to the ~$160 spent on the SX and parts, but the Hughes body is absolutely beautiful and I just had to try out at least one Nine Eagles.
More pics/vids/notes after I get her home and can really stretch her legs
kam pai!
Kurt is online now Find More Posts by Kurt
Last edited by Kurt; Jun 13, 2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 03:04 PM
Joined May 2011
42 Posts
Cool pic. I have the Bravo III and SX for the look, too. Try it without canopy, it's a new story when it comes to sound, cyclic authority and flying time (10mn).

I broke the main shaft blades holders. Repaired by drilling a hole and fitting a small portion of an old broken flybar. I also broke the pilot window... Might be good for air cooling after all. Nonetheless skids are particulary robust. This helo faced dozens of high speed crashes it just takes off normally after that.

Micheal99 for the price it depends if you take the deluxe version or not. I recommand you take at least a second battery and a wall charger, plus spare flybar/main shaft/tail set.
McCauley is offline Find More Posts by McCauley
Old Jun 13, 2011, 04:04 PM
Upstanding Member
Joined Sep 2003
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Cool pic. I have the Bravo III and SX for the look, too. Try it without canopy, it's a new story when it comes to sound, cyclic authority and flying time (10mn).

I broke the main shaft blades holders. Repaired by drilling a hole and fitting a small portion of an old broken flybar. I also broke the pilot window... Might be good for air cooling after all. Nonetheless skids are particulary robust. This helo faced dozens of high speed crashes it just takes off normally after that.
Thanks, from my hotel room on the 63rd floor of the Royal Park Hotel Yokohama there are at least 10 helipads visible :O

The SX is a noisy little bugger! On my second battery now, still feeling her out of course but so far I like the yaw control, but throttle precision isn't quite as smooth as the MSR. Maybe will improve after some battery cycles.
The heli also is rather 'tippy' for lack of a better term. Where the MSR naturally has 'pendulum effect' it does so more smoothly; trying to smoothly manuever the SX around it's easy to get her wobbly. Again with more cycles and practive I'm sure this will improve.
Thanks for the tip on removing the body, but don't think I'll be doing this, will keep it as a scale looking, relatively low-performance chopper.
Question 1 - since the manual is in Japanese - pushing down on the right stick (mode 2) changes the expo rates from low to high right?
Question 2 - about how many charges of the 150mAH battery can you get by charging with the TX? I didn't buy a wall charger for ~$35, figured I can do better off EBay, but if you can get 20+ charges out of 4AAs maybe it isn't worth it (assuming you have only one NE bird).

Here's a pic of the box showing a black SX, with the spares I bought.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:32 PM
Joined May 2011
42 Posts
A 110mAH battery will empty the TX after 4/5 cycles. With a charger it will last forever! IMHO the charger is not a luxe it is a must.

Note there are two wall chargers: one that delivers 400mAH and the other 600mAH. Got mine from MYRCMART for very small price.

Mode 1/2 yes it is what you say, works even in flight ie put mode 2 after take-off and get back to mode 1 for precise landing.
McCauley is offline Find More Posts by McCauley
Old Jun 14, 2011, 02:14 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,924 Posts
Quote:
A 110mAH battery will empty the TX after 4/5 cycles. With a charger it will last forever! IMHO the charger is not a luxe it is a must.

Note there are two wall chargers: one that delivers 400mAH and the other 600mAH. Got mine from MYRCMART for very small price.

Mode 1/2 yes it is what you say, works even in flight ie put mode 2 after take-off and get back to mode 1 for precise landing.
Charger is a must indeed. But 2 types of charger? Never heard of that. Can you give more details?

Btw, you mean switching between high and low rate inflight, to switch between mode 1 and 2 you need to remove the antenna screw, and mount it upside down, secure it again, and the turn the TX upside down so the antenna faces up again. I doubt you can pull that off while flying...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:50 AM
Upstanding Member
Joined Sep 2003
1,932 Posts
Quote:
My batteries say 150mAH, yours are 110??
Yeah that's what I figured about the charging... The only "cheap" LiPo charger I could find on myrcmart is this one, but it's 800mAH(?)
http://www.myrcmart.com/skyrc-e3-23s...se-p-3611.html
Do you have a link to the one you recommend?

This one's 600mAH for $14:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nine-Eagles-260A...item3f0aac820d
Any reason I shouldn't go for this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Btw, you mean switching between high and low rate inflight, to switch between mode 1 and 2 you need to remove the antenna screw, and mount it upside down, secure it again, and the turn the TX upside down so the antenna faces up again. I doubt you can pull that off while flying...
ha, yeah switching between hi/lo rates is what I meant. Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:23 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
The batteries for the Bravo SX are 150mAh. I believe McCauley was simply quoting the 110mAh batteries, which are used in the smaller Nine Eagles coaxials, for reference only.

The NE charger you link to on eBay is the one you want, Kurt. This would be the one that McCauley is referencing to. The part number is NE4210902 - this is the newest charger and it has the wider key slot to accommodate the newer batteries. The older charger is part number NE30990200001, you don't want this one.

Re the SkyRc charger, not sure that would be useful at all. It wouldn't fit the NE batteries without some form of modification or custom cable. The NE twin wall charger works very well and is quite cheap, stick with this one.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:14 PM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
[...]Do you have a link to the one you recommend?
[...]
from Myrcmart:

http://www.myrcmart.com/ne4210902-ad...er-p-2577.html
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:47 PM
Upstanding Member
Joined Sep 2003
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
The NE charger you link to on eBay is the one you want, Kurt. This would be the one that McCauley is referencing to. The part number is NE4210902 - this is the newest charger and it has the wider key slot to accommodate the newer batteries.
Thanks for that! Got one on the way.
Put another flight on the SX - the hotel room's AC is probably responsible for some of the wobbliness, always blowing directly into the only flight zone.
The one thing I really don't care for is the sensitive throttle; tough to get the perfect level for hovering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat View Post
Thanks, but $30 shipping :O