HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:47 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Received my replacement NE 150 battery from the German seller I got my white Bravo SX from. And this one is... 4.32g, like the ones Donaldsneffe received. Label is the same as the 4.70g NE 150s I got with my white and dark blue SX, but the weight is 0.4g less for the same capacity...

Seems like there are different batches of these 150 mAh batteries are going 'round...
I wanted the Bravo III for a while, and now I see a cam Bravo SX, with case and 2 extra 150 batt.....I am so tempted...I have msr, mcx 2, blade 120sr, CB100, Novus 125 beefed up, and new T-28 micro which I haven't gotten to fly much. I would like to get the 300 plane when I get the NE tx. Would you say 5 to 6 min flight time on the Bravo SX?
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:25 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I wanted the Bravo III for a while, and now I see a cam Bravo SX, with case and 2 extra 150 batt.....I am so tempted...I have msr, mcx 2, blade 120sr, CB100, Novus 125 beefed up, and new T-28 micro which I haven't gotten to fly much. I would like to get the 300 plane when I get the NE tx. Would you say 5 to 6 min flight time on the Bravo SX?
Don't be tempted, just do it.

With a good 150 battery, it seems the stock battery comes in 2 varieties, the one being 0.4g heavier than the other and lasting less than 5 minutes, but the other performs very well (or the ultra cheap 150s Hobby King sells) you can reach a little over 5:30 minutes, if you manage to land quickly before the tail starts losing hold. 5 minutes with time for a relaxed landing is certainly possible.

It looks so nice in the air, sometimes I catch myself staring at it...

Only drawbacks, flies a little shorter than the Solo Pro, makes more noise since the scale fuse acts as an amplifier for the gear sounds, and maintenance is more tricky, with that nice scale fuselage. But it flies lovely, both indoor and outdoor.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:42 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,439 Posts
Hi,
Quote:
I would like to get the 300 plane when I get the NE tx.
NE heli TX does not bind with NE plane RX and vice versa. I read this and hardly could believe it. But it is true - now I have two NE P-47 (with TX), and tried it for myself - the heli TXs dont bind to the plane RXs, and vice versa.

Quote:
Would you say 5 to 6 min flight time on the Bravo SX?
Yes, stock NE battery flight time is about 1/2 min longer than HK replacement (I took 5:53 min for stock and 5:20 for a HK).

I tested a couple of different batteries in the stock Bravo SX and my modded one and posted them somewhere here (times only for hovering).

Turnigy Nanotech 160 mAh:
1: 4:24 min
2: 4:16 min
3: 4:50 min

Zippy Flightmax 240 mAh:
1: 6:25 min
2: 6:30 min
3: 6:39 min

Hyperion 240 mAh:
1: 8:09 min
2: 8:16 min
3: 8:02 min
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:20 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,602 Posts
I tested my 4.3g 150 NE battery today, and got over 5 minutes, with power to spare for a decent landing. Flight began with 55% throttle needed for hover, much better than the 60% I needed on the heavier ones. So this NE battery works like it should. Heli also seems much less tail heavy, with the 4.7g NE battery it seemed to be wanting to fall over backwards, with the tail drooping down a little.

If I get another Bravo SX, I will bring my scale, and test the battery in advance.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:31 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,

NE heli TX does not bind with NE plane RX and vice versa. I read this and hardly could believe it. But it is true - now I have two NE P-47 (with TX), and tried it for myself - the heli TXs dont bind to the plane RXs, and vice versa.

Yes, stock NE battery flight time is about 1/2 min longer than HK replacement (I took 5:53 min for stock and 5:20 for a HK).

I tested a couple of different batteries in the stock Bravo SX and my modded one and posted them somewhere here (times only for hovering).

Turnigy Nanotech 160 mAh:
1: 4:24 min
2: 4:16 min
3: 4:50 min

Zippy Flightmax 240 mAh:
1: 6:25 min
2: 6:30 min
3: 6:39 min

Hyperion 240 mAh:
1: 8:09 min
2: 8:16 min
3: 8:02 min
Well that is a bummer about the tx...they look identical too...
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:42 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,439 Posts
Quote:
Well that is a bummer about the tx...they look identical too...
Different coloured sticker - orange (and now red) for the heli TX, yellow for the plane TX.
Strange and stupid, anyway, ... do not know, if there are any further technical differences (range?).

Walter
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:47 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,602 Posts
Quote:
Different coloured sticker - orange (and now red) for the heli TX, yellow for the plane TX.
Strange and stupid, anyway, ... do not know, if there are any further technical differences (range?).

Walter
I'll ask Rick. I was considering a NE plane, since I enjoy planks as well, and have a HobbyZone Champ. I don't need yet another TX, but this way they force you into that.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:17 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,439 Posts
You wrote somewhere here around (I guess, it was in the Align T-Rex 100 thread), NE is planning to release a new TX?
What's about this new TX?
I would be very glad to have one TX for my 8 (or more, depending on assembling) NE helis and 2 planes. I use my Walkera 2801pro for all those helis, and this is very comfortable, it reminds settings of different models. In NE helis you have to bind all helis again to one TX and then trim again, or you use an extra TX for each heli - where store (and label) all those TXs?
Some info about the new TX from NE?

Walter
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:01 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,602 Posts
Quote:
You wrote somewhere here around (I guess, it was in the Align T-Rex 100 thread), NE is planning to release a new TX?
What's about this new TX?
I would be very glad to have one TX for my 8 (or more, depending on assembling) NE helis and 2 planes. I use my Walkera 2801pro for all those helis, and this is very comfortable, it reminds settings of different models. In NE helis you have to bind all helis again to one TX and then trim again, or you use an extra TX for each heli - where store (and label) all those TXs?
Some info about the new TX from NE?

Walter
I'll see if I can find the picture again. There was a picture of a TX that was identical to the Align one, we see with the Trex 100, but with "Nine Eagles" on the covers.

Just my luck today. I got word from the seller of the dark blue Bravo SX that had the elevator servo fail after 5 flights. I can send the heli back, will take almost a month to get it back, and perhaps might even have to pay for shipping again, or get a spare receiver, and crack the fuselage open myself.

Also, got word from the LHS that the 2 Bravos I had ordered had arrived. I was in the neighborhood ("Local" means in my case at least 45 minutes by car) and had time to visit them. But they got the order mixed up, instead of a dark blue with white stripes, they had received the blue/white "camouflage" pattern one, and it turns out that blue is actually some ugly mixture of blue and purple. Yuk!

The other one I ordered was a white one, that had the right color, but had the front windshield badly cracked. So they offered to order them again, but these won't arrive until next week. So I am still down to one single airworthy Bravo SX, so I hardly dare fly it now...

Good news as well, all batteries included in both deluxe kits were the 4.30g variety. So it seems there are not that many kits having beern bundled with the wrongly labeled battery that is 4.70g, so too heavy, compromising flight times and throttle performance.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:51 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,439 Posts
I have cracked the windshields in both SX I fly meanwhile. Thats not a big problem and easily to repair with sticky tape.

Quote:
the blue/white "camouflage" pattern one, and it turns out that blue is actually some ugly mixture of blue and purple
Do you mean this one:
http://cgi.ebay.de/RC-4-KANAL-HUBSCH...item5d2c59372d
I have it (the unflewn one), and its white with a bright blue (like Windows blue), it is ok, not purple in any matter.
Do they have more versions of painting than the white/blue, the white/orange/black, the dark blue and the camouflage (and the black one we do not get here)?

I still have not opened (flew) the blue (=white with blue stripes) one, will do it when necessary (-> others do not fly anymore).
But in both ones of mine, I fly (the white with orange/black stripes and the dark blue one which is now the MIA) I guess, I (or we) will have troubles with the tail motor in some time. No problem of cracking it (or the back-plate like in the Solo Pro), even fixed the outcome bush of the dark blue one (glue and epoxy did not work, so I used a plastic washer made of a broken tail rotor), but a problem of response. Sometimes I feel, the tail motor does not respond perfectly (in both helis). Do not know, if this is a problem of the motor or the rx (use one of Solo Pro and one of Bravo SX and both helis sometimes show this).
Any guess, what the problem could be? It is not a big or real problem now, but if this behaviour gets worse, it will be a problem. This strange response is more obvious in the original Bravo SX than in the MIA mod.

Walter
Old Dec 23, 2010, 01:13 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,602 Posts
How do you manage to crack the windshields? Crash tests?

Btw, are these glued or not? I heard someone on a Dutch forum who got a spare fuselage, and there was no glue anywhere, but when assembled, the window was a tight fit.

Seems like there is more variation in the color then. On the pictures on the internet the blue looks indeed like "Windows blue", an kind of nice, so I considered grabbing it along anyway, but then saw how it looked when I opened the case, and was disappointed. It had a really bad shade of that color, and did look more like a blend of blue and purple. Let's hope that it is like with the batteries, there are a few "bad" ones, in that case the heavier version, and same with the blue/white "camo" fuselage, some are more blue than others.

What do you mean with the tail responds not like it should? At least on my white one the tail is very solid. I need a few clicks as battery voltage drops, but apart from that I have good rudder, I can make a fast coax like turn, or even a decent left piro, or fly a wide smooth turn. You hear the tail making quite a bit of noise during that, the variations in rpm are audible, but it feels solid.

I did have one issue, on the dark blue one, that is now out of commission, that I needed almost full left trim for the tail to be steady. And subtrim didn't work on it. I contacted Rick on this, and he seemed to have a similar issue on some helis, and is going to get further into this.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 01:42 PM
Uh Oh......
United Kingdom, Peterborough
Joined Sep 2008
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
do you guys think - that this fuse would fit the MSR? or could be made to fit?
http://www.youtube.com/user/naotokent#p/u/9/mZNzxlFzqGA found this little video of someone who has done it. Step by step vid on how he did it
Moleman rc is offline Find More Posts by Moleman rc
Old Dec 23, 2010, 02:26 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,317 Posts
Thanks

I imagine the SX fuse will be easier than bravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moleman rc View Post
http://www.youtube.com/user/naotokent#p/u/9/mZNzxlFzqGA found this little video of someone who has done it. Step by step vid on how he did it
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 23, 2010, 03:03 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Thanks

I imagine the SX fuse will be easier than bravo
It is, since there is already an opening for the tail boom sticking out. On the Bravo III fuse you have to make that hole yourself.

Someone else already put a spare fuselage on a Walkera 4#3:

The one who made this is considering making a "how-to" for this conversion.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:30 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
How do you manage to crack the windshields? Crash tests?
Of course - kissing the wall head on with full speed

Quote:
Btw, are these glued or not? I heard someone on a Dutch forum who got a spare fuselage, and there was no glue anywhere, but when assembled, the window was a tight fit.
I wrote this, here or in the German forum, too. I have ordered a spare Bravo III fuselage (wanted to fit it on a Solo Pro before - but then suddenly the Bravo SX were available and I had my Bravo SXs befor the Bravo III canopy). They are not glued.
But the two halfs of the wind shield, if gone into two parts, stay loose (two parts), while the parts of the rest of the canopy can be mounted again with the small rods. I am still not sure, if there was glue inbetween the shield halfs initially in the RTF Bravo SX. Is seems not possible to take them apart without brute force.

Quote:
What do you mean with the tail responds not like it should?
Sometimes the tail motors seem to stutter or have a short dropout. But only sometimes, most of the flight time they work fine and the tail is stable. Did not have those trim problems in my helis.

Walter