Old Dec 17, 2010, 09:36 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,

why do you think, the others have "samples" and not yourself?
We did not figure out that this is not a problem of your scale. We only said, this is strange and unlikely, if your scale gives correct data at one point, this does not mean, it gives correct data at all points.

I have 5 Nine Eagles original 150 mAh batteries (NA-BA927). Three of those are from my three Bravo SX, and two from the Nine Eagles planes (they have the ridge as the HK replacement has).
I again scaled 4 of those batteries (did not find the second plane battery - its somewhere around in my mess).
I used two different expensive lab scales, one of those very expensive and extremely exact (and calibrated).
All three Bravo SX batteries have the same weight (light):
No.1: 4.3321 g scale 1, 4.33 g scale 2
No.2: 4.3179 g, 4.31 g
No.3: 4.2575 g, 4.25 g
(little differences probably because I did not close the window of the extremely exact scale while scaling and did not wait for some seconds, but this is really unimportant here)

No.4 (plane battery, with ridge): 4.6932 g, 4.69 g

So there seem to bee differences and two types of NE 150 mAh batteries - but the Bravo SX batteries (original of set) all have the same weight at least in my helicopter sets.

Walter

I don't know what is going on, so I was trying to find an explanation for this strange difference. I have 3 original batteries now, one came with the white heli from eBay, from Bitrade, and the other 2 batteries are from a deluxe kit from Buzzflyer. All have 2 small ridges, and weigh 4.70g. Almost seems like Nine Eagles fitted the wrong connector to some batteries, and that mine should have been plane batteries?

Mine are labeled BA927, btw.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2010, 09:44 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,315 Posts
Do not think so - you do not have the ridge on your batteries, do you?
Strange, because I received all three helis from Bitrade, and you also one...

If I find the second plane battery again (must be somewhere around), I will also scale it

Maybe they have used different amounts of solder... (but why your Bitrade battery also shows 4.7 g...)

Walter
Donaldsneffe is online now Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:09 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,047 Posts
Quote:
Do not think so - you do not have the ridge on your batteries, do you?
Strange, because I received all three helis from Bitrade, and you also one...

If I find the second plane battery again (must be somewhere around), I will also scale it

Maybe they have used different amounts of solder... (but why your Bitrade battery also shows 4.7 g...)

Walter

No ridge, but all three 4.70g even though they come from different sellers. Are your batteries also labeled BA927?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:39 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,315 Posts
Yes, all NE-BA927 (guess, posted a pic somewhen before)
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:41 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,315 Posts
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:32 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,047 Posts
Quote:
Yes, all NE-BA927 (guess, posted a pic somewhen before)
Well, then I probably got 2 different helis from different sellers that were accidentally bundled with the plane battery (that weighs 4.70g just as your plane battery) but with the wrong connector and the wrong label on those batteries.

Just my luck, now my Bravo SXs have to lift 0.4g extra weight, without extra capacity, since both the heavy ones and the lighter ones are rated 150mAh...

Flew my second Bravo SX, the dark blue one, indoor today. It was trimmed out well, just like the white one (do all Bravo SX owners have the same experience, that the heli is almost trimmed to perfection straight from the box?) and it was also more quiet than the white one. With the HK 150 battery it needed a little above 50% for hover, which is also better than the 55% the white one needs. But not all is well, it just handles not as smoothly as the white one. It slides more backwards when making a left turn, or speed up on a right turn. With the white one I can almost crawl along the living room while doing circuits, this one needs more speed to make a left turn. I wonder what causes this, and if others have had the same differences when getting more of these helis.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Dec 17, 2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:53 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,315 Posts
I also see differences between the two ones I flie.
The dark blue one (now modified to MIA 300) flies better, while the white one has a more tricky tail rotor (the response is somewhat different, donno how to describe it - feel it while flying).

Both flew quite well out of the box.
Last edited by Donaldsneffe; Dec 17, 2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 03:11 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,047 Posts
Quote:
I also see differences between the two ones I flie.
The dark blue one (now modified to MIA 300) flies better, while the white one has a more tricky tail rotor (the response is somewhat different, donno how to describe it - feel it while flying).

Both flew quite well out of the box.
Both fly well, but the white one flies like a Bravo SX, and the dark blue one more like a Solo Pro. When I give left rudder, it needs almost the same amount of forward elevator as the Solo Pro and as a result picks up speed when it comes out of that left turn. On the white one I can make the heli almost crawl through the turn, and it can do much slower circuits.

Also have some issues with those heavier batteries. They don't hold voltage very well after a charge. The HK 150 drops about 0.02V when comparing voltage when coming of the charger, and voltage a day later. My Nine Eagles BA927s can drop as much as 0.1(!)V when measuring voltage a day later. Bitrade is going to send me a new battery, as I can fly for 4 minutes max with the one that came with my white Bravo SX. I kan fly even longer with the Hobby King 120 mAh replacement battery, that gives 4 1/2 minute in the air. Hope the new 150 I am getting will be the lighter one that Donaldsneffe also got...

Well, a little better trim and the dark blue one can do slower circuits better. Not as good as the white one, but now it feels more like it is in between the Solo Pro and the white one. I guess I am just spoiled with the white one that turns so much nicer. Indoor scale flight just can't get better, I think, I even almost crashed a few days ago when I was staring at how smoothly and controlled the heli was flying, and didn't realize it was heading for the curtains... Then it hit me it was heading for a crash, I made a fast left turn, and it came flying back as if nothing had (nearly) happened. Narrow escape, we al know those small helis almost get sucked to a vertical object, like a wall, when getting really close...

Just wish the white one would make the same noise as the dark blue one, perhaps it will get better as the gears run in. My Xtreme Solo Pro also sounded a bit like a coffee grinder at first, even though there were no burrs visible on both gears, Now it sounds almost as sweet as my oldest Solo Pro, that has the most flight hours.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; Dec 18, 2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 04:09 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post

Looking forward to your results with the Hyp 240.
Have tested the Hyperion now.
They are really better than the Zippys.
Both fit perfectly between landing skid and frame, no additional rubber or else is needed. Nevertheless, the Nine Eagles battery connections are more comfortable for use.

Tested 3 Hyperion, 3 Zippy and 3 Turnigy Nanotech.
Tested them all on my Bravo SX Mia 300.
Flighttimes (only hovering, battery full, time taken when first touch to the ground):

Turnigy Nanotech 160 mAh:
1: 4:24 min
2: 4:16 min
3: 4:50 min

Zippy Flightmax 240 mAh:
1: 6:25 min
2: 6:30 min
3: 6:39 min

Hyperion 240 mAh:
1: 8:09 min
2: 8:16 min
3: 8:02 min

Hyperion were brandnew, Zippys had maybe 10 cycles of loading, Turnigy maybe 15 - 20.
Could not find any difference between Zippy and Hyperion concerning throttle stick position for hovering, both about 55% (maybe Hyperion held this power for longer than the Zippy).

Anyway, the Hyperion is really good. But including the price into grading, ...

Walter
Old Dec 18, 2010, 04:22 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,047 Posts
I could say "told you so the Hyps would be better" but I won't.

Considering the Hyperion weighs more than the Zippy it is interesting to see the throttle percentages are equal more or less. Shows that the Hyperion holds voltage better under a higher load. Perhaps you might find it interesting to check if Intellect also makes a 240 mAh cell. Intellect also has a 130 that performs indentical to the Hyperion 130, but is a lot cheaper.

Btw, Rick from ClubHeli assured me the main motor of the Bravo SX is also stronger than the Solo Pro main motor. So those that want more power in their Solo Pro (are you listening, RE? ) this seems like an easy upgrade.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2010, 06:09 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,315 Posts
Hi,
many upgrades seem to be easy.
I checked, the SX motor is also more expensive than the Solo Pro motor.
I will put a Solo Pro motor in a Bravo SX next days and check the difference.
I will also put a Bravo SX tail in a Solo Pro and see what happens.

Anyway, motor and tail (frame) , that's the main difference between SP and SX.

I have ordered two Bravo SX main frames and two tails (and the camouflage canopy which I have only from the Bravo III and which does not fit exactly to SP or SX).
It will be very cheap to build some additional Bravo SX's.
I will for sure use only Solo Pro RX, I guess nobody needs the light of the Bravo SX.
I guess, I have everything here now to build some SX mods - but if you are right with the motor, I could have troubles with the main motor. But I have a couple of brushed and BL motors here, maybe...
Anyway, any guess, if it is possible to connect a BL in- or outrunner on a Nine Eagles RX? I have some tiny brushless speedcontrollers and a brushless main motor with the bigger brushed tail motor of the Bravo SX could work (similar to the elder versions of Walkera 4#3 and 4g3).
Canopys of the S300 are quite cheap to buy (about 4 $), the landing skid from Mia is good, but easy to build... and I guess, there will be many options for different (bigger) types of batteries...

I recomend the MIA S300 highly for the Bravo SX. It flies really better than the Bravo SX. Never flew that cool scale like low and medium speed turns with the Solo Pro or even with the Bravo SX. Landing is much, much better, flight time is equal, speed is equal, sound is better, ...
Only one strange thing: latterly with the Turnigy 160 batteries the Bravo SX Mia 300 does a kind of "shivering" with the landing skids (only while hovering, not when flying in any direction), while it is totally calm and stable with the 240 mAhs.
Wanna try the Zippy 400, it should fit on the landing skid plate crosswise. But all my bigger batteries have Micro Deans (for the Walkera helis), so I do not know yet if to fly the Nine Eagles with micro deans or to change the plugs on some batteries from Micro Dean to Micro JST.

Hmmm... when will I have time to fly my Nine Eagles P-47 for the fist time???
Last edited by Donaldsneffe; Dec 18, 2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 06:57 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,315 Posts
Found this on HobbyKing forum (http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/f...6439&PID=38817)

Maybe most of you know those data, but interesting anyway. And also showing the difference between Zippy 240 mAh and Hyperion 240 mAh (anyway, both are good, the Hyperion is "more" good ).

All data from user natterjak postet 15.03.2010 on HK forum.

"Zippy 240mAh delivered 199mAh 0.7Wh on discharge 1"

"Hyperion 240mAh delivered 232mAh 0.85Wh on discharge 1"

Last edited by Donaldsneffe; Dec 18, 2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 07:28 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,315 Posts
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Intellect also has a 130 that performs indentical to the Hyperion 130, but is a lot cheaper.
Could not find any Intellect 240, but the 130 is quite expensive (6.50 US$) anyway:

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...ha_filter_id=0

The Hyperion 240 is quite cheap, even here in Austria, paid 3.5 € (~ 4.6 US$) at Lindinger.

I ordered now 5 WELLPOWER SH LIPO 250MAH/3,7V 30/45C CH5, lets see, how those perform. Sounds good - € 1.90 per piece
Old Dec 19, 2010, 02:14 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,047 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

Could not find any Intellect 240, but the 130 is quite expensive (6.50 US$) anyway:

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...ha_filter_id=0

The Hyperion 240 is quite cheap, even here in Austria, paid 3.5 € (~ 4.6 US$) at Lindinger.

I ordered now 5 WELLPOWER SH LIPO 250MAH/3,7V 30/45C CH5, lets see, how those perform. Sounds good - € 1.90 per piece
3.50 euro for the Hyp 240 is surprisingly low, the 130s go for 7 or 8 dollar a piece usually. The Intellect 130s I can get cheaper, about 2 for the price of one. I guess they are getting quite a reputation being close or equal to Hyperion performance.

I have a couple of Bravo SX tails here since yesterday, will see if they improve a Solo Pro. I just wonder if the bigger tail motor will draw more power than the tail ESC can handle. Since the Bravo uses RX-01 instead of RX-06 of the Solo Pro. I asked Rick if he was aware of any upgrades of the ESCs on the RX-01, he contacted Nine Eagles and they said "no". Still wonder why they even came with RX-01, since then the only change between it and the previous receiver is the single antenna wire?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2010, 02:47 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,315 Posts
Hi,
I fly the Solo Pro RX in the Bravo SX MIA - no problem.

Hyperion:
http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=79302