Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 02, 2010, 07:55 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,379 Posts
Hi,
Got mine today, fly well - easier (more calm) than Solo Pro, little tail-heavy.
The batteries of Solo Pro do not fit into the battery mounting of the Bravo SX without cutting the plastic crests - that's not really funny, what's up, Nine Eagles?

Having problems to demount the canopy - removed the screws, but do not get the two half parts apart, used blades, tweezers, ... am afraid to break it.
Does any Bravo III owner know how to do this (if its the same way - I do not have a Bravo III) without damaging the canopy?

Thanks and cheers,

Walter
Donaldsneffe is online now Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2010, 08:19 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,
Got mine today, fly well - easier (more calm) than Solo Pro, little tail-heavy.
The batteries of Solo Pro do not fit into the battery mounting of the Bravo SX without cutting the plastic crests - that's not really funny, what's up, Nine Eagles?

Having problems to demount the canopy - removed the screws, but do not get the two half parts apart, used blades, tweezers, ... am afraid to break it.
Does any Bravo III owner know how to do this (if its the same way - I do not have a Bravo III) without damaging the canopy?

Thanks and cheers,

Walter
The Solo Pro batteries have the extra ridge to avoid inserting it backwards. On the Bravo SX this is not possible, so they used the battery holder of the Bravo III instead. But I agree, it would be easier if they would use batteries with the "key" ridge on all Nine Eagles micro helis.

Btw, why do you want to take it apart?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2010, 09:45 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,379 Posts
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Btw, why do you want to take it apart?
Of course I wanna take a look inside - wanna check, how it is built up, what's the difference to the Solo Pro, etc. etc.
For repairing we will have to take them apart anyway, and there will be repairings necessary somewhen, for sure - as in every heli.

Walter
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:43 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,439 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

Of course I wanna take a look inside - wanna check, how it is built up, what's the difference to the Solo Pro, etc. etc.
For repairing we will have to take them apart anyway, and there will be repairings necessary somewhen, for sure - as in every heli.

Walter
Ok, I was thinking you had a problem or wanted to trim it mechanically. The differences are not that big though. Marconos reported updated main motor, different frame, bigger battery, different skids and canopy naturally. The head setup is identical to the Solo Pro.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:03 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,379 Posts
Anyway, I wanna take it apart and take a look inside, and it has to be possible some way.

Solo Pro battery from HK fits after cutting the ridge - but needs quite a lot of pressure to get it into the battery mounting. Guess, have to cut or file of more, also from the lateral parts of the battery plastic

Walter
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:22 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,439 Posts
Quote:
Anyway, I wanna take it apart and take a look inside, and it has to be possible some way.

Solo Pro battery from HK fits after cutting the ridge - but needs quite a lot of pressure to get it into the battery mounting. Guess, have to cut or file of more, also from the lateral parts of the battery plastic

Walter
That's right, the OEM batteries are a little "rough". I also trim a fraction of the corners, that makes them fit better.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2010, 06:17 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,379 Posts
It's loud - compared to the Solo Pro. A little too loud:

Nine Eagles Bravo SX vs. Solo Pro - loudness (0 min 30 sec)

In real this is even more obvious than on the bad little video (filmed with a small photo camera). In 30 cm 72 - 73 dBA Solo Pro vs. 79.5 - 80.5 dBA Bravo SX.

Tried to fill the tail with wadding - did not show any positive effect.

Any idea?

Walter
Old Dec 05, 2010, 06:31 AM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Feb 2007
872 Posts
I think you'd have to fill the whole fuselage before the sound box effect was muted a little. For something that looks so cute, I'd forgive it the noise!
ranavalona is online now Find More Posts by ranavalona
Old Dec 05, 2010, 07:03 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranavalona View Post
For something that looks so cute, I'd forgive it the noise!
OK, you ... but what's with your wife, girlfriend, brother, sister, father, mother, daughter, son, colleagues, ...
Old Dec 05, 2010, 07:16 AM
Yorkshire, UK
Joined Feb 2007
872 Posts
Quote:
OK, you ... but what's with your wife, girlfriend, brother, sister, father, mother, daughter, son, colleagues, ...
Them? They speak when they're spoken to!

Yeah, sure.
ranavalona is online now Find More Posts by ranavalona
Old Dec 05, 2010, 07:33 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranavalona View Post
I think you'd have to fill the whole fuselage before the sound box effect was muted a little. For something that looks so cute, I'd forgive it the noise!
I think after the gear has been "run in" noise might also get less. My oldest Solo Pro makes much less noise in flight than my current Xtreme upgrades test heli, which was purchased later. But last week I noticed noise has become much less, indicating parts have run in more, especially the gears.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2010, 07:01 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,379 Posts
Hmm...
I do not think so, or I do not think, that the noise will decrease siginficantly.
I think, the canopy is the reason for the noise.

Problem:
Still havent been able to take of the canopy, so I cannot say, how loud it is flying without canopy (what is easy in the Solo Pro).

I.e. my Twingo is quite silent while flying, but if you take of the canopy (quite difficult to fly without, because the heli is too light, anyway), the Twingo is extremely silent. The Twingo canopy is open on the bottom side - the Bravo SX canopy is (nearly) totally closed.

Walter
Old Dec 08, 2010, 01:26 PM
Joined Aug 2009
129 Posts
Good news in Blighty! Buzzflyer have got the SX RTF listed on their website and will, very shortly, be selling the BNF.
Now can I slip it on the Paypal account without 'She Who Should Be Obeyed' noticing?
jackeb is offline Find More Posts by jackeb
Old Dec 08, 2010, 01:48 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeb View Post
Good news in Blighty! Buzzflyer have got the SX RTF listed on their website and will, very shortly, be selling the BNF.
Now can I slip it on the Paypal account without 'She Who Should Be Obeyed' noticing?
Too bad it is over $150 US dollars.
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Dec 08, 2010, 01:52 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Too bad it is over $150 US dollars.
But you do get the Deluxe edition then, with carrying case and charger.

And it is actually 143 USD.
RCG Plus Member