R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,028 Posts
okay thanks

sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hauler View Post
We are thinking about it. We got a few of the Sky Eagles in, along with parts. The P47 and Yak look great...I own the PZ Mustang and Sukhoi SU-26 and absolutely love them. So chances are good...just haven't worked out the details yet.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:25 PM
practice, practice, practice
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
724 Posts
Some Japanese pilot flew his white Bravo SX (aka Hughes SX in Japan) in his living room.

Nine Eagles HUGHES SX〜飛ばしてみました(^_^; (1 min 12 sec)

His comments:
Although the heli is easier to fly than Solo Pro, it requires more power to hover and is slightly noisy.

cvlex
cvlex is offline Find More Posts by cvlex
Last edited by cvlex; Nov 20, 2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:36 PM
staff tecnico-prismalia-techn
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
I studied the translated part a little more. Did you mean to say the Bravo SX can not climb as fast as the Solo Pro, since it is heavier, but with the improved control the Bravo SX offers, this is something you can accept?
it is as you say, a bit slower in the back .......... but only at low speeds
when she is with a lot of engine speed, driving super ............
however, have heard good ...................
marconos is offline Find More Posts by marconos
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:37 PM
staff tecnico-prismalia-techn
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranavalona View Post
I think marconos is saying that it's a bit sluggish when lifting off, due to the greater weight, but can build up to a good speed.

Perhaps.

Or maybe not.
You understand correctly .........
marconos is offline Find More Posts by marconos
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:12 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Handy
Indeed. No more extra wires needed, which add about 0.3g weight, and I also found that the Nine Eagles connector conducts power better than the micro JST. This can lead to having to use up to 10% less throttle to stay in the air, so basically you get up to 10% extra throttle range, when the same battery has an NE connector instead of micro JST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlex View Post
Some Japanese pilot flew his white Bravo SX (aka Hughes SX in Japan) in his living room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9_YA3c-03s

His comments:
Although the heli is easier to fly than Solo Pro, it requires more power to hover and is slightly noisy.

cvlex

Seems like it's very controllable indoor. More power needed to hover was to be expected, heavier canopy, and the 150 mAh battery adds 0.7g weight. If the BravoSX would still handle as good as it does with this extra weight, a Thunder Power 160 seems like the battery for it. 160 mAh at 4g to 4.1g weight, so saves 0.6g to 0.7g, and has better performance under heavier loads. And if the BravoSX does need the extra weight to keep fllying so gentle and also fast, like Marconos's video shows, a Hyperion 160 (or Intellect 130, since I heard a rumor they are also coming with a battery with NE connector, almost sounds like they do come from the same factory... ;-) ) would be perfect. Also 4.7g, but I think it will have more power than the Nine Eagles 150. So far Nine Eagles hasn't produced really good batteries, the 120s of the Solo Pro don't last long, and get puffy after 20 cycles or less...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Last edited by SoloProFan; Nov 21, 2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 03:49 AM
practice, practice, practice
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
724 Posts
This morning I bought a Bravo SX with a stock 150mAh battery.
The battery lasts about five minutes and when the power drops, the heli spins counter-clockwise and comes down slowly. The following vid, from my third flight, shows this symptom.

Bravo SX micro RC heli hovering (2 min 13 sec)

cvlex
cvlex is offline Find More Posts by cvlex
Last edited by cvlex; Nov 21, 2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 05:09 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,926 Posts
The dropping when the battery fades was also present on the Solo Pro, but because it is lighter and needs lower RPM to stay up, it goes down more gently. I wonder how this heli will perform with other than the stock 150 cells. I didn't get a good impression of Nine Eagles batteries, perhaps this one is different, but 5 minutes seems a little short, compared to the 6 1/2 minutes I can easily get from a 120 mAh OEM battery.

And I must say, Nine Eagles did a fine job on the fuselage, this white one also looks like a must have version, after the dark blue one already stole my heart.

Btw, here's the link to the manual in English, although it contains very little extra info, besides a parts list: http://www.nineeagle.com/pdf/320A%20...n%20Manual.pdf
Last edited by SoloProFan; Nov 21, 2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:22 AM
Joined Nov 2010
17 Posts
Is this available in the US ?
cccpull is offline Find More Posts by cccpull
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:26 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccpull View Post
Is this available in the US ?
Rick from ClubHeli will be selling it, I understand.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:51 PM
MicroHelis-Humanoid Robotics
Joined Jul 2007
233 Posts
with my take on the hard to manage/unfriendly fuselage, plus already owning the Solo Pro, do you guys think this is worth getting? will it be a different experience than the Pro?

yes I know I'll probably end up getting one just for the heck of it

but I also know that I'm kinda bored with my NE coaxez and Pro..unless they come up with some new nano with a different flying experience,I think I'm probably gonna jump into the v100d01 and spice things up a little..hmmm
PicooMan is offline Find More Posts by PicooMan
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:19 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
so sad this model is for export only at this stage - i can't buy it in china and hong kong. hopefully, it will be soon before NE starts to sell this model here. i can only watch in jealousy...

from the feedback you guys get, i can't wait to get my hands on one!
77kwc is offline Find More Posts by 77kwc
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:54 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicooMan View Post
with my take on the hard to manage/unfriendly fuselage, plus already owning the Solo Pro, do you guys think this is worth getting? will it be a different experience than the Pro?

yes I know I'll probably end up getting one just for the heck of it

but I also know that I'm kinda bored with my NE coaxez and Pro..unless they come up with some new nano with a different flying experience,I think I'm probably gonna jump into the v100d01 and spice things up a little..hmmm
I is reported to fly faster and with more control in turns, as you can also see on the video Marconos posted. So I think it is worth getting, not just for the great looks.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 04:59 AM
Joined Aug 2009
129 Posts
I must admit it's a nice looking thing and I'm tempted, but............... I can't find a dealer selling the damned things (NE's website is a bit.....well........er, useless), even Google didn't help. I did find dealers selling the spares though!
Also I can't help thinking that buying the Bravo SX's frame and a fuse'or even a Bravo III's fuse', (the jungle camo looks nice) and an evenings work will have my SP, effectively, being an SX!
Still lovely looking little thing.......................
How about a nice AH-64 fuse that fits straight on to the SP. Or better still a range of different fuses. Is it me but am I the only one getting a little bored of MD500's?
jackeb is offline Find More Posts by jackeb
Old Nov 26, 2010, 05:10 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeb View Post
I must admit it's a nice looking thing and I'm tempted, but............... I can't find a dealer selling the damned things (NE's website is a bit.....well........er, useless), even Google didn't help. I did find dealers selling the spares though!
Also I can't help thinking that buying the Bravo SX's frame and a fuse'or even a Bravo III's fuse', (the jungle camo looks nice) and an evenings work will have my SP, effectively, being an SX!
Still lovely looking little thing.......................
How about a nice AH-64 fuse that fits straight on to the SP. Or better still a range of different fuses. Is it me but am I the only one getting a little bored of MD500's?
It's not just the frame, the skids are different, the battery (heavier) and the motors have been upgraded too.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:29 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,028 Posts
yeah gotta love the MD scale fuse.

makes me miss my stock CX3
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29