HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:33 AM
Pakistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Abbottābad
Joined Jan 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takiss View Post
Hi.
I wait my 2 kits to arrive and I already bought Cyclone motor and ESC, BEC servos etc.
I have the Fly Fly Hawk that has all moving stab and I plan to mod the stab/elevator to all moving with cathedral. Do you think that it will be better, or I will loose my time?
Best
Takis
Hi Takis,
The hobbyking-Globalfly T45 is fun to fly stock. An all moving tailplane would be nice - but way too much effort and time for me.

I see some have made great imporovements with ply/balsa horizontal stabs, these are early in the thread, a great idea. Good luck with your hk t45 - with the edf&motor you have comming it will be very nice on 4s. About page 15 there is hk t45 with a cyclone velocity 64mm red thats sounds great.
Toyota12ht is offline Find More Posts by Toyota12ht
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:42 AM
Switzerland-Europe
Joined Apr 2007
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota12ht View Post
2dcurb -

http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1664

I just gave this a try - only worth while on 4s not enought thrust on 3s.
I couldn't justify the money for a better fan/motor like a HET ect as i have no real edf experience yet.

I have also been using the joinhobbykingswarm.com site to use the swarm sale prices.

turnigy plush 80 amp esc
turnigy 20c 4s 2650
Toyota!
you are really lucky, an entire, large and empty street, only for you!
Nice video also!
This setup seems enough fast for my taste, I'll buy it maybbe for my BD-5!
Thanks for sharing with us!
panamarenko is offline Find More Posts by panamarenko
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:54 PM
Joined Aug 2010
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota12ht View Post
Also finished my rc castle/lander BAe Hawk today with the cyclone velocity red metal fan, sounds fantastic - yet to be maidened.
I been a fan of this plane really ike the built in retracts. please post video of your maiden
2dcurb is offline Find More Posts by 2dcurb
Old Feb 13, 2011, 03:55 PM
Joined May 2009
473 Posts
Thanks for the videos Toyota12ht. I am really impressed about the performance of the cyclone power system, on 4S of course.

It is still -20 here in Moscow and heavy snow. Probably my maiden will be in spring, mine has balsa horizontal stabilizers and in scale positions (plus bolt-in version). I am also so curious about the performance and the durability of the stabilizers.

Ozgur
ozgur is offline Find More Posts by ozgur
Old Feb 14, 2011, 01:41 AM
Alpha Whisky
Queensland - Australia
Joined Jan 2006
274 Posts
Hk t-45

I`ve been quietly working away at the bare kit I bought from HK a couple of weeks back. This one is intended as a learning curve as far as finishing goes.

My intention is to finish this basically in the Red Arrows colour scheme - mostly red, with a full length white stripe - white 'Royal Air Force' wording each side, blue on the rudder and part fin and some RAF roundels in the right places.

I originally intended to paint the three colours using Tamiya TS cans and have so far brushed on two light coats of WBPU sanding in between as preparation. That got rid of most of the mold 'flowers' too.

I`ve cut out the roundels from scrap signwriter stick-on vinyl and that gave me the idea to apply the simple stripes each side using the same material as I will get my tame sign writer to cut the wording each side anyway.

I then though that maybe cutting the white stripes each side from Ultracoat/Oracover may be easier ...?

Has anyone tried applying Oracover or similar film direct onto this foam? Can it be done successfully, or would the stick-on vinyl be more practical?

Interested to hear if anyone has tried this. How did it go?

Alan W
AlphaWhisky is offline Find More Posts by AlphaWhisky
Old Feb 14, 2011, 03:07 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,282 Posts
Don't try to use oracover. The temp is very critical for applying and the foam will expand badly. Vinyl or paint is the way to go.
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:14 AM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWhisky View Post
I`ve cut out the roundels from scrap signwriter stick-on vinyl and that gave me the idea to apply the simple stripes each side using the same material as I will get my tame sign writer to cut the wording each side anyway.
The foam is already white, why not simply mask the stripe before painting the red color? You'd save a tiny bit of weight, too.
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: YouTube Channel - CallSignVMan
Old Feb 14, 2011, 03:00 PM
Coral Springs, FL
Joined Mar 2010
408 Posts
Control Surface Throws ???

Guys -

What are you using for control surface throws? Aileron & Elevator.

I haven't seen this answered yet in this thread. Some PIREPS would be appreciated

How about hearing from a few of you who have already gotten theirs up in the air.

Also - what percentage of Expo are you needing to use (if any)?

Thanks in advance
gatorlynch is offline Find More Posts by gatorlynch
Old Feb 14, 2011, 03:12 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
ok.. need a 64mm fan tha gives about 1200g of thrust.. yesterday and that's for my 64mm F-16 TV not for the T-45
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Feb 14, 2011, 06:21 PM
Spain, Community of Madrid, San Sebastián de los Reyes
Joined Jul 2010
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlynch View Post
Guys -

What are you using for control surface throws? Aileron & Elevator.

I haven't seen this answered yet in this thread. Some PIREPS would be appreciated

How about hearing from a few of you who have already gotten theirs up in the air.

Also - what percentage of Expo are you needing to use (if any)?

Thanks in advance
Not sure about your question of Control surface throws. I´m using the stock ones.

About Expo, in my case: 60% Aileron
100% Elevator
70% Rudder
phobos2010 is offline Find More Posts by phobos2010
Old Feb 14, 2011, 06:32 PM
Coral Springs, FL
Joined Mar 2010
408 Posts
Thanks for your input on the expo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobos2010 View Post
Not sure about your question of Control surface throws.
How many mm up & down do your ailerons & elevators move
gatorlynch is offline Find More Posts by gatorlynch
Old Feb 14, 2011, 06:48 PM
Spain, Community of Madrid, San Sebastián de los Reyes
Joined Jul 2010
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlynch View Post
Thanks for your input on the expo.

How many mm up & down do your ailerons & elevators move
Ok, lost in translation.

Ailerons 15mm up and down
Elevator 20mm up and down
phobos2010 is offline Find More Posts by phobos2010
Old Feb 17, 2011, 04:46 AM
Pakistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Abbottābad
Joined Jan 2011
35 Posts
In flight Break Up

Hi there T45’rs

What a Blast…..

We put the t45 up against a stock Stryker tonight running a 3s 2100 30c battery. The T45 with the cyclone was only a touch faster than the Stryker.
From what I've been told a Stryker will do 80mph stock.
So it seems my T45 on 4s is doing at least 80 mph and I am happy with that, as Memmel stated it’s a very draggy airframe and this may just be as good as it gets without shelling out some $$$$$$$$$$$.

On the third battery I was powering into wind racing the Stryker at about 20feet elevation. The Canopy ejected at WOT and the T45 flipped inverted and entered a rapid inverted flat spin.

My own fault for not securing the hatch/canopy securely during assembly, I used the provided wedge piece glued to the front of the canopy as described in this thread. I will secure the canopy better during the rebuild.
The majority of damage is confine to the nose up to the air intakes and vertical stabiliser. Very pleased to have an intact wing, she is a pretty forgiving airframe.

Was a great laugh to watch her spin in from WOT.
Toyota12ht is offline Find More Posts by Toyota12ht
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:28 AM
Joined Aug 2010
212 Posts
sorry about the plane! I also crashed mine today and went into a light pole while landing. Quite happy actually I was looking forward to my next crash so I can move onto something better. This plane took a lot of beating crashed it many times and it kept going. Im just tired of looking at all those repair marks but I did learn a lot from this plane since it was my first edf. Already have another RClander F-16 that I need to finish building. The BAE Hawk from RClander was on my list but was told the plane is too heavy and to better stay away. Love T-45's but need something with retracts and faster frame....still searching
2dcurb is offline Find More Posts by 2dcurb
Old Feb 17, 2011, 02:01 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dcurb View Post
sorry about the plane! I also crashed mine today and went into a light pole while landing. Quite happy actually I was looking forward to my next crash so I can move onto something better. This plane took a lot of beating crashed it many times and it kept going. Im just tired of looking at all those repair marks but I did learn a lot from this plane since it was my first edf. Already have another RClander F-16 that I need to finish building. The BAE Hawk from RClander was on my list but was told the plane is too heavy and to better stay away. Love T-45's but need something with retracts and faster frame....still searching
I have so many repair marks on mine it should be illegal, but she still flys try and is a relaxing jet fly cause I don't have to worry about how she looks anymore just how she flys now lol.
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771