SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank2351 View Post
Both the panther and the cougar look great. That's deffo my next project, where's the cheapest place to get just the air frame from?
Dishos power system will power both of them and I think they will be fast.

Disho how long is it taking you to charge the 6 cell 3300 and how many amp you charging it on.
That all depends on the C rating of your lipo
lets say you lipo is capabale to be charged @ 5C 3300mAh= 3.3 amps x 5 =16.5 Amps
you can charge it at that rate providing you have a charger capable to do that.
I have lipos that can be charged @ 8c but never charge my lipos at more than 3c
hope that helps
Quadmad is offline Find More Posts by Quadmad
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:32 PM
United Kingdom, England, Beverley
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
I have only ever used 3 cell 2200 an 1300 in the past. The 1300 had a charge rate on them. This is nano tech 3300 35-70 discharge it does not say charge rate on it. So what's the highest amp I can charge it on.
I use a bat checker on it when I finish the flight. What percentage should I be leaving in the lipo to keep it in good order.
Frank2351 is offline Find More Posts by Frank2351
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:41 PM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Apr 2012
914 Posts
Quote:
I have only ever used 3 cell 2200 an 1300 in the past. The 1300 had a charge rate on them. This is nano tech 3300 35-70 discharge it does not say charge rate on it. So what's the highest amp I can charge it on.
I use a bat checker on it when I finish the flight. What percentage should I be leaving in the lipo to keep it in good order.
I just bought a couple of nano tech 3S 3300 35C-70C discharge and on the back of the battery withthe warning label it says max charge 8C. I usually make sure I leave my lipos somewhere around 3.8V per cell
peterswolf is online now Find More Posts by peterswolf
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:06 PM
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
There is a warning label on the back of this one, but all it says is do not exceed discharge and maximum charge rate. There is no c rating.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:15 PM
United Kingdom, England, Durham
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
There is a warning label on the back of this one, but all it says is do not exceed discharge and maximum charge rate. There is no c rating.
i charge mine at 3.3 most lipos take 1 hour to charge, you might have to invest in a bigger charger by the sounds of it if you want to charge them quicker.
disho is offline Find More Posts by disho
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:14 PM
United States, CT, Manchester
Joined Nov 2007
27 Posts
Decided to post some pics of my Hobbyking Goshawk... I've had the kit a while.. but just started working on it this winter.... have a 64 fan in it... but have made some modifications... modelled it after the Navy Black tail Centenial ... I've enclosed a pic of the actual plane also... installed dual aileron servos so that I can use flaperons ... also installed a rudder control (have rudder on all my planes..)
Due to the nature of the angled control surfaces... I used ball-link joint connectors stolen from my trex 450 parts bin. (used the ball and the link)... this gives the servo rod room to rotate (when the control horns move at the extreme angles) used on ailerons, rudder and elevator (when thats hooked up)..
Haven't finished the plane yet... fan is installed.... all servo wire lead extensions are done... my last project will be the cockpit detailing... Hopefully you'll like my progress... would love to get some feedback... I'm retired... and have sold all my gas planes... now into only electrics..I love building/modelling the planes... and seem to like it more than flying them at times... . starting to get into helis too...
thanks for looking joeg
gibjoe is offline Find More Posts by gibjoe
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:19 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibjoe View Post
I love building/modelling the planes... and seem to like it more than flying them at times
Yup, a good deal of satisfaction from watching it all come together.
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:32 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibjoe View Post
Decided to post some pics of my Hobbyking Goshawk...

Looks SUPER nice!!

I'm about to build one of these for my uncle and have thought about this scheme.

The ball links are a great addition to this airframe with all its extreme angles and such.

Looking forward to your flight report!

PS-- if you're into helis, make sure you check out the Blade 450 3D BNF that's being blown out for $165-170 at many shops/online retailers. Just got mine delivered today
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:44 PM
Joined Nov 2007
27 Posts
Actually I just bought the Blade MQX.. want to see how the quads are... and need something that I can fly in my living room... hopefully this will be something interesting... cant fly my trek 450 in the house obviously.... glad you like how my t-45 is shaping up... joeg
Haven't received it yet...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:06 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,314 Posts
Handy idea on the ball joints! I never thought of it for use on planes, but have tons of those!
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:58 AM
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
Great looking plane. I want to build another and you have given me some ideas. What paint have you used.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:51 PM
Joined Nov 2007
27 Posts
I used mostly Krylon Fusion sprays (their for plastic deck furniture)... they didn't bother the styro at all.. but warn you... once painted.. you can't tape it.. once you put tape on it... and remove painters tape.. it pulls off the paint... I also used Rustoleom sprays... give light coats and it won't interact with the styro... but you can tape it...
Have a question for those up on Fan units... I'm concerned that my installed fan won't be strong enough... I've read a lot of the posts and still confused...
I installed a ADF64-300XL with 5250kv Aeo Motor ( http://www.truerc.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=158 ) I'm using 3 cell 2200 lipo
Do you think this fan is too weak? what fan combo would you suggest for this plane... ? Any suggestions would be appreciated... hate to lose plane on first launch cause motor wasn't powerful enough.... thanks joeg
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:15 PM
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
Cheers for the paint tips.
I know it's an expensive motor and bat, but Disho's and my power set is an unbelievable combo.
It gives you bags of power for hand launch, for example yesterday I gave it a slight under arm toss into a light breeze and off she went. it gives you the power to get out of any scrapes and it sounds amazing on the 10 blade CS. I know a lot of guys who have flown EDFs for years at my club. This is my first and when I turned up at the field the other day everyone could not believe what a great sound and turn of speed the Hawk had. I know I am going on, but your plane looks amazing so treat it to Dishos BL32 on a 6cell.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:20 PM
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
Sorry I lost myself then.
others might not agree with me and I am not an expert, but I don't think 3cell will give it enough power
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:24 PM
United Kingdom, England, Durham
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Cheers for the paint tips.
I know it's an expensive motor and bat, but Disho's and my power set is an unbelievable combo.
It gives you bags of power for hand launch, for example yesterday I gave it a slight under arm toss into a light breeze and off she went. it gives you the power to get out of any scrapes and it sounds amazing on the 10 blade CS. I know a lot of guys who have flown EDFs for years at my club. This is my first and when I turned up at the field the other day everyone could not believe what a great sound and turn of speed the Hawk had. I know I am going on, but your plane looks amazing so treat it to Dishos BL32 on a 6cell.
Cheers

HK T-45 cs10 fan 6s BL-32 motor 6s 3000 Who needs a turbine. (4 min 48 sec)
disho is offline Find More Posts by disho