HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:42 PM
United Kingdom, England, Durham
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank2351 View Post
It flys very stable slow too
Excellent frank well done nice to see someone using my setup it sounds fantastic
disho is offline Find More Posts by disho
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:59 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,508 Posts
Quote:
Well just got back from my maiden. CS 10 blade, BL32, nano tech 3300 35-70 c 6 cell and 80 amp ESC.
Oh yes I nearly wet myself with excitement. What a great flying plane and the sound is so turbine like.

WoW!

Thought the wings might break off on those pull outs!

That has such a lovely sound and apparently HEAPS of thrust/speed!!
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
very nice good job
Quadmad is offline Find More Posts by Quadmad
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:39 AM
United Kingdom, England, Beverley
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
Glad you like it.
Disho I am going to build another as I want the airframe to look cleaner. I put the fan where the stock one should be and it split the sides. I have had to use hot glue to fix the sides, but you can still see the fan intake lip popping through a bit.
I just wondering the position of you fan as it looks further back from looking at your cheater hole.
Pics would be great.

Cheers

Oh yes, can you put some footage of your new planes when flown.
Frank2351 is offline Find More Posts by Frank2351
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Glad you like it.
Disho I am going to build another as I want the airframe to look cleaner. I put the fan where the stock one should be and it split the sides. I have had to use hot glue to fix the sides, but you can still see the fan intake lip popping through a bit.
I just wondering the position of you fan as it looks further back from looking at your cheater hole.
Pics would be great.

Cheers

Oh yes, can you put some footage of your new planes when flown.
Im sure i fitted mine a little forward of the stock location ie were the fuz is a little wider so the intake lip did not poke through the fuz, why dont you get a different airfame lots of nice stuff out there now that you have a good set up did you fit a cheater hole ?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:47 PM
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
I don't get it mine was even further forward than yours as my cheater hole is in the wing just before the red tab. I prob removed to much foam.
Yep I could do another airframe. I fancy something even quicker, but using the same power set up. I gues the T45 is a draggy airframe, but it still shifts.
What airframe do you suggest next.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:11 PM
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
I don't get it mine was even further forward than yours as my cheater hole is in the wing just before the red tab. I prob removed to much foam.
Yep I could do another airframe. I fancy something even quicker, but using the same power set up. I gues the T45 is a draggy airframe, but it still shifts.
What airframe do you suggest next.
Yes you prob removed to much foam. mine sits futher back, ive been looking at the lander f9 panther goes well with our setup

HET Powered 70mm RC Lander Panther on 6S #2 (4 min 4 sec)
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:32 AM
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
Yep that does look good. I do like the old style jets.
I was also thinking of buying a PZ habu airframe and putting the same power system in it. Do you think it would take it with the 6 cell 3300. I can imagine that the habu with this system would be a rocket and sound awesome. What's your thoughts.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:34 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,541 Posts
It should be fine in a Habu, people have done that sort of stuff plenty of times. eg Tamjet based systems, still BL32's etc
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skyzone Goggles - Button Shield
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:53 PM
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
I was also thinking of buying a PZ habu airframe and putting the same power system in it. Do you think it would take it with the 6 cell 3300. I can imagine that the habu with this system would be a rocket and sound awesome. What's your thoughts.
Yes ive got a habu they fly well, the bl 32 setup is a drop in fit no probs, and the 3300 6s lipo fits too, its fast with this setup but does not sound as good as the hawk, it hasnt got much woosh sound down to air frame, but it still sounds good.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
The PZ habu is a fairly expensive airframe why don't you just get The Meteor that 70 mm fan will drop straight in very similar to the habu in looks, and probably half the price
Quadmad is offline Find More Posts by Quadmad
Last edited by Quadmad; Feb 11, 2013 at 02:50 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:26 PM
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
Cheers for all your advice.
Does anyone know where I can get a Dynam meteor airframe for cheap, ie not paying a fortune for post to UK.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:37 PM
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Cheers for all your advice.
Does anyone know where I can get a Dynam meteor airframe for cheap, ie not paying a fortune for post to UK.
check out hobby king uk site got alot of 70m edf jets on there now, cheap postage as in the uk
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:29 PM
Joined Oct 2009
1,196 Posts
The Lander Panther needs a lot of power for what I would call jet-like performance. It is probably just as draggy as this T45 if not more so. A better choice if you want speed is the F9F Cougar.
nighthawk0077 is online now Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:49 PM
Joined Jan 2013
100 Posts
Both the panther and the cougar look great. That's deffo my next project, where's the cheapest place to get just the air frame from?
Dishos power system will power both of them and I think they will be fast.

Disho how long is it taking you to charge the 6 cell 3300 and how many amp you charging it on.