SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:24 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,228 Posts
hehe "need"
That depends on the owner's viewpoint.
You might say "It does not need flaps to slow down"
But someone can say "Any model will land more realistically with flaps and power used".
So for someone wanting a scale flying aircraft flaps ARE of great use, and 'needed' for that.

I have flaps on mine, but it is not finished. I have no doubt the roll rate will be fine.... but it hasn't been seen....
The flap to aileron split distance was pretty well half for each.
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - what NOT to buy !!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:53 AM
Joined Aug 2011
807 Posts
I have configured my T45 to use flaperons using dual aileron servos.
It certainly makes my under arm hand launches easier.
As I belly land on grass i don't use them for landing.
jim350 is online now Find More Posts by jim350
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:24 PM
Joined Aug 2010
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
67 Amps!!!!
That is extremely high for any 'stock' system... especially 64mm.
1000w
No cheapie PNFs even give that sort of power ever. More like 400W or so.

Or... I guess it is a 3S stock system, but even then the step up to 4S won't double it. Plus it would fry quick smart at 67Amps.

Are you sure it is 67Amps!?
Would the amp draw change with a different esc? I was running 3s with a 50 amp esc then when I ran it on 4s it was 67. I upgraded to an 80 after that. It had to be 67 on this bird as none of my others would do that much. I'll try it tomorrow and doublr check my numbers but thats what I remember. Also, the 30 amp esc that came out of it was considerably larger then my other 30's I have so it might be a 40 or 50. Anyway, I post when I re-check my numbers.
tenspeed is offline Find More Posts by tenspeed
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:08 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,036 Posts
The amp draw might change if the timing is different, too. Other than that, all other things being equal, your current draw shouldn't change much.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:24 PM
Joined Oct 2012
133 Posts
Bolt on elevator mod

Just finished up this simple but sweet mod for my T-45. Moving will be so much easier and safer now!
Komm_Klink is offline Find More Posts by Komm_Klink
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:28 PM
Italia, Puglia, Porto Cesareo
Joined Nov 2011
44 Posts
Matty001 is offline Find More Posts by Matty001
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:30 PM
Italia, Puglia, Porto Cesareo
Joined Nov 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadmad View Post
I xt build will still run 4s with a Typhoon EDF 1W-40 3300Kv and 10 0r 12 blades full alloy fan
I've ordered another T45 from HK and will start my build next year
can I get some information?
you have this on your jet fan?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._1200watt.html

lipo that you use? how many mah? flight time?
performance as they are?
  the tips as a fan? be good? be fast? I would like to put it on a F/18

I was thinking of buying this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0watt_6s_.html

or:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._1280watt.html
Matty001 is offline Find More Posts by Matty001
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty001 View Post
can I get some information?
you have this on your jet fan?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._1200watt.html

lipo that you use? how many mah? flight time?
performance as they are?
  the tips as a fan? be good? be fast? I would like to put it on a F/18

I was thinking of buying this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0watt_6s_.html

or:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._1280watt.html
Hi there
I'm very happy with the 10Blade 3000Kv 4s fan sounds great,all HK (Lander)fans seemes to be a little hungry on Amps Mine draws around 74 Amps and produces 1100+watts I run Nanos 4s 3850mAh 65-130cand get around 4 minutes flights
Top speed on GPS 206 kph
Cheeers
Quadmad is offline Find More Posts by Quadmad
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:42 PM
Joined Nov 2006
11,228 Posts
That 5-blade version is the highest power for less Amps used - as per all lower blade count fans are more efficient than the 10 or 12 bladers.
It even sounds pretty good.... better than a typical 5/6 blade... but not as good as 10/12!

I would get the 2200w 6S (which I have) as it is more efficient than lower cell count fans.
Higher Volts/Lower Amps always trumps Higher Amps/Lower Volts.

One handy part of all those is they come ready to use and dynamically balanced.
Otherwise the CyclonePower IR5500-2200kv 6S in a CS10 or 12 stock plastic fan is equal power, adequate strength, and lighter. (various combos from RC-Castle). But you have to assemble and balance that. I think they had some complete assembled/balanced combos too though.
And in those cases, aim to get the new 12blade fan version! It is stronger and sound a BIT better.

It is actually quite messy to fit any 70mm unit into it, but the Lander Alloy is even a bit bigger and thus more sanding to fit it.
But those easy and ready to go factors of the Landers are a big plus in getting a plane going, with EDF ease and assured good result.

Mine is very close to being ready to maiden/test-fly... but it has not been a high priority.
Though it is looking much nicer now, so I am gaining interest in it..... mainly just a bit of painting to do now.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - what NOT to buy !!!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
That 5-blade version is the highest power for less Amps used - as per all lower blade count fans are more efficient than the 10 or 12 bladers.
It even sounds pretty good.... better than a typical 5/6 blade... but not as good as 10/12!

I would get the 2200w 6S (which I have) as it is more efficient than lower cell count fans.
Higher Volts/Lower Amps always trumps Higher Amps/Lower Volts.

One handy part of all those is they come ready to use and dynamically balanced.
Otherwise the CyclonePower IR5500-2200kv 6S in a CS10 or 12 stock plastic fan is equal power, adequate strength, and lighter. (various combos from RC-Castle). But you have to assemble and balance that. I think they had some complete assembled/balanced combos too though.
And in those cases, aim to get the new 12blade fan version! It is stronger and sound a BIT better.

It is actually quite messy to fit any 70mm unit into it, but the Lander Alloy is even a bit bigger and thus more sanding to fit it.
But those easy and ready to go factors of the Landers are a big plus in getting a plane going, with EDF ease and assured good result.

Mine is very close to being ready to maiden/test-fly... but it has not been a high priority.
Though it is looking much nicer now, so I am gaining interest in it..... mainly just a bit of painting to do now.
looks like peter is back on his meds he makes a bit of sense these days LOL
Quadmad is offline Find More Posts by Quadmad
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:39 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
4800kv motor would be quite "hot" in 3S ... and you will have plenty of power ... and for sure much more then 18amp

You must have probably a 3500 or even a less KV motor ...

Or maybe you are using a 2S lipo

And underpower EDF it is not much fun .... I'm just surprised your sound like one ... since mine has really some good power by stock

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Guys...on the ad from hobbyking it says the stockmotor is 4300KV is it really 4800KV? I need to know so I can move forward.
tengarang is offline Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:33 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
Guys...on the ad from hobbyking it says the stockmotor is 4300KV is it really 4800KV? I need to know so I can move forward.
4800kv I copy from somebody else statement ....

I did never measure the KV ... I just know that I have enough power on stock set up with 3S ... for loop and hand launch ... so ... stock power is totally fine with me.

e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:55 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
4800kv I copy from somebody else statement ....

I did never measure the KV ... I just know that I have enough power on stock set up with 3S ... for loop and hand launch ... so ... stock power is totally fine with me.

roger that ty
tengarang is offline Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:53 PM
Add your country to profile:)
United States, CA, Crestline
Joined Oct 2006
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadmad View Post
looks like peter is back on his meds he makes a bit of sense these days LOL
I've gotten all kinds of good info from PeterVRC on several different threads over the last year. We seem to like the same kinds of planes. He totally knows his stuff on motors and batteries and props & fans. When he is guessing, he says so. If he gets something wrong, he admits it. I really enjoy his posts all the time, very informative.
CrashMaster39 is offline Find More Posts by CrashMaster39
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:45 AM
Joined Nov 2006
11,228 Posts
Speaking of PeterVRC....
I resumed T-45 construction, and completed it today.....
A very different beast than stock now. But which also brought about some notable issues..... mainly very nose heavy with 5S !
So I had to make a whole 'rearwards battery compartment' that goes into the ducting/wing area. And even with that it only JUST balances at 105mm.

But it is done.....
And then onto the next issue.... the exhaust ducting is way too small for a CS10 that is trying to pump out 1.4Kg thrust!! So only 800g of it gets out!!
That is worse than a Durafly Vampire! (It gets out 1.1Kg of the 1.4Kg)
For sure the exhaust ducting is too small. But it is likely that the inlet side is also starved. I forgot that I was going to add an cheater under the wing like Jim350's (thought it was CM39's mod).
So I will start with the cheater addition, and then assess the exhaust side after that inlet side has assured volume capability!
(I could test with the wing off I guess....)

It hit 1325g as of today. I guess my Meteor is 1.5Kg and Vampire 1.6Kg, all ths same power systems.... but I will want to be getting 1.2Kg thrust!! (and this has no retracts like the others do!)
If need be I will move it up to a higher KV 5S, otherwise a 6S combo.

I will do a bit of painting (red/white stuff), put the decals on, and then WBPU it all, once it is all truly finalised.

All the build info is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1799334

Snippets....
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PeterVRC; Jan 26, 2013 at 04:08 AM.