SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:20 PM
Spring
Joined Sep 2008
100 Posts
Also guys, please replace your esc and don't risk it. I flew mine the first couple times and it did fine and it didn't get too warm. The next time i flew it, the esc caught fire and i had to emergency land. I tore the whole wing off by hitting a trashcan, but it's still in one piece. I'll have it glued back together and the scuffs fixed, but replacing the ESC is a must.
warbirdboy is offline Find More Posts by warbirdboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:17 AM
The Netherlands, UT, Nieuwegein
Joined Sep 2012
78 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am thinking to buy this plane i am a beginner with jets but fly some years helicopters.

Is this a good plane or does it have much fails and do you have to make much modifications to make it fly ok ?

Or should i just go ahead and look for something else ( tips are welkom ) something better for about the same money for this plane ?

Thanx
eminemin is offline Find More Posts by eminemin
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:08 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminemin View Post
Is this a good plane or does it have much fails and do you have to make much modifications to make it fly ok ?
From what I know, this T-45 is probably the best EDF trainer on the market. Just make sure to replace the stock ESC with a higher-amp one, and you'll be okay.
V-Man is online now Find More Posts by V-Man
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:10 PM
gilford, new hampshire, usa
Joined Nov 2003
825 Posts
This model seems a little fragile. The multiplex Twister is made of better foam and flies well on the supplied components. Easy to hand launch.
nebuchadnezzar is offline Find More Posts by nebuchadnezzar
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:23 PM
Rickson C
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Dec 2006
321 Posts
Quote:
Hey Guys,

I am thinking to buy this plane i am a beginner with jets but fly some years helicopters.

Or should i just go ahead and look for something else ( tips are welkom ) something better for about the same money for this plane ?

Thanx
Well, have you flown any prop plane before? I would rather start with those first as they are easier to control. After one or two prop planes, this one will be your good choice to enter the world of EDF planes. T-45 is a decent plane but you still have to make some modification to fly well or, last longer.
ricksonchow is offline Find More Posts by ricksonchow
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:57 PM
The Netherlands, UT, Nieuwegein
Joined Sep 2012
78 Posts
| know i should start with props but i decided to go straight to EDF planes, we will see how its gonna end up probably i will crash it but thats just the way i learn.

So you find this one better over the twister ?
eminemin is offline Find More Posts by eminemin
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:29 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebuchadnezzar View Post
This model seems a little fragile. The multiplex Twister is made of better foam and flies well on the supplied components. Easy to hand launch.
that might be right but the twister costs 5 times more
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:52 PM
gilford, new hampshire, usa
Joined Nov 2003
825 Posts
Try a couple of prop trainer types first (please!).
nebuchadnezzar is offline Find More Posts by nebuchadnezzar
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:24 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Thanx
Replace the stock ESC with a 60A ESC. If you are good in orientation, this should not be a problem. Just remember to keep it moving..(this is not a heli). Enjoy!
perfect1 is offline Find More Posts by perfect1
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:17 PM
United Kingdom, England, Durham
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
| know i should start with props but i decided to go straight to EDF planes, we will see how its gonna end up probably i will crash it but thats just the way i learn.

Yes
HK T-45 cs10 fan 6s BL-32 motor 6s 3000 Who needs a turbine. (4 min 48 sec)
disho is offline Find More Posts by disho
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:10 PM
Flying from Vic Park
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
2,420 Posts
Quote:

Why don't you go for the 50mm T-45 they are about $80 PNF they are stable and fly well but are small which their down side. If you right it off it has not cost a lot and if you can fly it you can move on to a bigger and better EDF.
Great_Goose is offline Find More Posts by Great_Goose
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
I had some issues with my lipos getting hot so i made a scoop out of a plastic dessert spoon and glued it to the bottom of the nose and an exit further back
It works really well,didn't rip it off after two flights today
Here is Video from today
Fist run needed some trimming first time out with the new vertical stab

T45 1 Clip 001 (3 min 15 sec)

Second run with fresh lipo

T45 Clip 001 (2 min 0 sec)
Quadmad is offline Find More Posts by Quadmad
Last edited by Quadmad; Dec 22, 2012 at 05:34 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:13 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
I finally got mine all back together. I even had to strip down the AR6100 and remove solder splatter from inside the receiver! Man! that must have been a bang!.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:17 AM
Joined Aug 2011
811 Posts
Jesus solder splatter inside the receiver as well?

Is that why you didn't come out yesterday? It was perfect flying comditions.
jim350 is offline Find More Posts by jim350
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:55 AM
Adelaide Australia
Joined Apr 2010
552 Posts
Jim did you find the cheater hole worked better for launch.
J-ACE is offline Find More Posts by J-ACE