HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:46 AM
United Kingdom, England, Durham
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Man View Post
We all searched long and hard, until someone figured it out. You glue it at the front of your canopy, underneath and protruding forward. It's like a tongue that fits under the foam to hold the front part of the canopy in place. The rear is held on by magnets.

Browse this thread's attachments, I remember seeing a picture.

EDIT: Found them. See attached.
HA HA so thats how its done i never got round to figure out were it went lol
disho is offline Find More Posts by disho
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmax View Post
Where are you guys flying 4s mounting the batteries??
HI i filled my battery bay in with a bit of scrap foam, and lipos go in from top, had to cut some of the fuss away as im running a 4000 5s and a 3000 6s and the batts are sitting on the front part of the wing to get the cog they just slide in.
Last edited by disho; Sep 09, 2012 at 05:02 AM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Im runnig a 70m cs fan in mine with a eflite 2100kv motor, it took some getting in the fuss lol, but well worth it, sounds fantastic heres some pics and a vid
HK T-45 cs10 fan 6s BL-32 motor 6s 3000 Who needs a turbine. (4 min 48 sec)
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:19 PM
Flying from Vic Park
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
2,357 Posts
Gee that thing moved!
Great_Goose is offline Find More Posts by Great_Goose
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:03 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disho View Post
Im runnig a 70m cs fan in mine with a eflite 2100kv motor, it took some getting in the fuss lol, but well worth it, sounds fantastic

Agreed, sounds AWESOME!!

I assume you have added some c/fiber to the wing for strength?

That thing was mooooooving!!
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:02 AM
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
Agreed, sounds AWESOME!!

I assume you have added some c/fiber to the wing for strength?

That thing was mooooooving!!
All i did was add glass tape to the bottom of the wing for extra strength it did the job
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:48 AM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disho View Post
All i did was add glass tape to the bottom of the wing for extra strength it did the job
just something to note about the fibre tape - your milage may vary, but i had a model where i was using fibre tape hinges and under wing bracing, but found that after about 18 months or so, the adhesive on the tape started becoming dry i found out because the tape holding the elevator just let go without warning (or obvious sign it was going to happen.)

thankfully the model wasn't a jet... but i thought i'd let you know anyway. It doesn't stop me using the fibre tape, i'm just taking more notice of when i'm adding it to models and how regularly i'm replacing it on the older models.
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:57 AM
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
just something to note about the fibre tape - your milage may vary, but i had a model where i was using fibre tape hinges and under wing bracing, but found that after about 18 months or so, the adhesive on the tape started becoming dry i found out because the tape holding the elevator just let go without warning (or obvious sign it was going to happen.)

thankfully the model wasn't a jet... but i thought i'd let you know anyway. It doesn't stop me using the fibre tape, i'm just taking more notice of when i'm adding it to models and how regularly i'm replacing it on the older models.
Hi thanks for that you are correct it does go off with time, but i do keep an eye on it and check it on every flight
Old Sep 09, 2012, 05:04 AM
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Goose View Post
Gee that thing moved!
Thanks, its a good setup and sounds good
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:55 AM
no more glow models for me!!!!
bklyn n.y.
Joined Jan 2008
881 Posts
m ark,
after 18 months???? most of these t-45 don't live that long!!!! if your flying a year and a half old e.d.f. and your not checking your plane before every flight for structural defects, then your an accident waiting to happen. the rule of thumb is 1 minute of flight=10 minutes of maintenance......
iflyrc1012 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrc1012
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:14 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrc1012 View Post
m ark,
after 18 months???? most of these t-45 don't live that long!!!! if your flying a year and a half old e.d.f. and your not checking your plane before every flight for structural defects, then your an accident waiting to happen. the rule of thumb is 1 minute of flight=10 minutes of maintenance......
That isn't accurate at all. So you fly 5 packs on an afternoon (5 minutes per) and you go home an spend over 4 hours doing maintenance?
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
Where did you get the latch for the canopy???
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Apr 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmax View Post
Where did you get the latch for the canopy???
Got it from ebay
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:18 PM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrc1012 View Post
m ark,
Yep this is about what i spend on them, believe it or not. And my last T-45 did last just under 18 months. The point of the message is so the readers of this thread, RCG members and non-members, will have advance warning if they choose to use glass fibre tape.
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:24 AM
Joined May 2011
49 Posts
Very hard landing with dsr retracts!

Ok, if you have any doubt, yesterday i did my worst landing in my life and a very fast runway overrun!!..Only the left main gear was damaged,a little twisty, but with two wrench in 30 seconds the plane and gear was operative again!!!.
If you wan't a good servoless put the dsr...it can take off and land from grass, thin gravel and dirt runways!!!.
Leojet is offline Find More Posts by Leojet