HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:42 PM
Cold Lake, Alberta
Joined May 2010
128 Posts
Just got mine...let's say double boxing something only counts if you don't stomp on the inner box first....pics to follow.
lebl468 is offline Find More Posts by lebl468
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:18 PM
Cold Lake, Alberta
Joined May 2010
128 Posts
Ya, this fuselage is trashed, both intakes crushed and it is bent pretty bad. This plane is like 5th in line to be built, so I think I will just order a new kit and keep the rest for parts. I have ordered a lot of stuff from HK, and this is the first time I have ever been burnt, so I am not overly mad, just disappointed at the fact the box was stomped on then put in an outer box.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined May 2010
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebl468 View Post
Ya, this fuselage is trashed, both intakes crushed and it is bent pretty bad. This plane is like 5th in line to be built, so I think I will just order a new kit and keep the rest for parts. I have ordered a lot of stuff from HK, and this is the first time I have ever been burnt, so I am not overly mad, just disappointed at the fact the box was stomped on then put in an outer box.
I myself have spent lots of money on HK products...i am sure if you contact CS and send them these pictures they will credit your account..ihave had issues a time or two and they always credited my account ...
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:44 PM
Cold Lake, Alberta
Joined May 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
I myself have spent lots of money on HK products...i am sure if you contact CS and send them these pictures they will credit your account..ihave had issues a time or two and they always credited my account ...
Oh, good to know, I was ready just to take the hit as part of ordering cheap Chinese gear.

Thanks

Chris
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined May 2010
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Oh, good to know, I was ready just to take the hit as part of ordering cheap Chinese gear.

Thanks

Chris
The key is be patient and persistant...but sending those pictures should get you fast results...Or maybe you could have them just send you a new fuse...I am sure if you're nice and stay on them you will get results as i did..good luck.!..Also was this your first t-45..? i gonna get one but having a hard time deciding on what batteries to go with..i will be installing a 60amp esc...I also have a new i just HK 70mm EDF vampire and just ordered 4s 20c 3000 mah packs for it, so i was thinking maybe 4s 20c 2600 mah for the t-45 which i could also use in my vampire...I am keeping t-45 all stock other then ESC...thanks
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:59 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:

Thanks

Chris
I would also recommend that if you paid with Paypal, start the claim process through them too. You don't have to complete the process immediately, but it is time sensitive to start the process. It is for your protection.
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:35 AM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Hi
I wanted to know if you have already used the set up
Because I ordered the same thing
benpel is offline Find More Posts by benpel
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:37 AM
Cold Lake, Alberta
Joined May 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying By View Post
I would also recommend that if you paid with Paypal, start the claim process through them too. You don't have to complete the process immediately, but it is time sensitive to start the process. It is for your protection.
Yes always through Paypal, never thought of that. Thanks for the reminder.

Chris
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:23 AM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seemon View Post
Hi guys, love looking at this beautiful plane here within this thread. Because of your posts and tips, I decided to buy one as a kit and get a good power package for speed and extra weight handling capability for future retractable gear. Here is what I have ordered. Have I chosen well?

T-45 Goshawk R/C 64mm EDF Jet EPO Kit only
EDF Ducted Fan Unit 7Blade 2.5inch 64mm
HK2836 EDF Outrunner 3800kv for 64mm
TURNIGY Plush 60amp Speed Controller
Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 4S 45~90C Lipo Pack

Hi
I wanted to know if you have already used the set up
Because I ordered the same thing
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:43 AM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Maybe someone can give me an answer which cables should extend
Cables from motor to Speed ​​Controller
Or cables from the battery to the speed controller?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:18 AM
Joined May 2010
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpel View Post
Maybe someone can give me an answer which cables should extend
Cables from motor to Speed ​​Controller
Or cables from the battery to the speed controller?
the 3 cables on esc go to the three cables to motor. and make sure you use same type of connectors good contact is very important..the 2 cables(pos/neg) go to battery... the plug goes to ch 3 in your reciever...if motor turns wrong direction switch any 2 of the 3 cables and it will turn the other way...good luck..
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:40 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,065 Posts
Quote:
Sorry .... that's hurt ... after long waiting it is a pain to get something damage.

I had once something similar with a different bird from HobbyKing ... I did contact their CS, send them pictures ... and they send me a new fuselage ... it just took 3 months from contact to get my new fuselage .. but it was all at no extra cost.

I think they can send you a new fuselage.

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: In theory with some hot water, and hot glue, it can be fixed ... but ... yes it is not the best start
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:43 AM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
the 3 cables on esc go to the three cables to motor. and make sure you use same type of connectors good contact is very important..the 2 cables(pos/neg) go to battery... the plug goes to ch 3 in your reciever...if motor turns wrong direction switch any 2 of the 3 cables and it will turn the other way...good luck..
Thank you....
So that means that the ESC sits front near the battery?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:48 AM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpel View Post
Thank you....
So that means that the ESC sits front near the battery?
anywhere close to the battery that gets good ventilation - under the top red air scoops in the turtledeck is where i had mine.
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:02 AM
Add your country to profile:)
United States, CA, Crestline
Joined Oct 2006
309 Posts
Quote:
The key is be patient and persistant...but sending those pictures should get you fast results...Or maybe you could have them just send you a new fuse...I am sure if you're nice and stay on them you will get results as i did..good luck.!..Also was this your first t-45..? i gonna get one but having a hard time deciding on what batteries to go with..i will be installing a 60amp esc...I also have a new i just HK 70mm EDF vampire and just ordered 4s 20c 3000 mah packs for it, so i was thinking maybe 4s 20c 2600 mah for the t-45 which i could also use in my vampire...I am keeping t-45 all stock other then ESC...thanks
I use stock motor & fan with 4s 2200 40c and 4s 3000 40c Skylipos, so I would say 2600mah should be great. I would want more than 20c though, batteries will get warm if only 20c.
CrashMaster39 is offline Find More Posts by CrashMaster39