HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:34 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
for a small battery, the AMPS drawn by 4 cells is going to require something like
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._4S1P_40C.html
a higher rated discharge pack.... it should still fit the battery cage, but you may need to put a small counterweight at the tail to balance at the CG.

i started with turnigy 3s 2200's and 4s 2200's and all 4 packs (2 of each) puffed after the first flight - they were 20c rated... (i went cheap - not the wisest move i'll admit! )
I was speaking of my 4S suggestion

The Combo EDF + Motor + ESC, that is on my link, that work fine for 3S and 4S ... is "only" .. 3500kv motor ... so 4S will no suck many amps ... and it should give decent power (a bit more then 3S stock) and still keep some efficiency ... and allow non extreme high C battery ... the HK Compact are nice light battery ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Personally I find 3S stock set up with 4300kv motor well power for the T-45 stock ... more power means more heavy and less flight time (or throttle management, but throttle management it is a bit "gay")
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:46 PM
Sverige, Södermanlands Län, Eskilstuna
Joined Jan 2008
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrik59 View Post
Hi,
Anyone that knows if HK have any replacement motor that fit the 64mm fan from the T-45 GosHawk?
The bearing in my motor is really bad and sound terrible. So eather new motor or new bearings. I do not want to change the whole EDF just the motor.
This is the EDF and motor.

I can find no text or label on the motor so I do not know what it is exactly.
The EDF is now glued in the plane so I just want to change the motor.
I have now ordered two new motors from HK to try. Turnigy 2615 EDF Outrunner 4800kv for 55/64mm & HK2627 EDF Outrunner 4300kv for 64mm. I have no idea if they even fit in the EDF but if they do they cant be as bad as the one I had that broke after two short flights.
Petrik59 is offline Find More Posts by Petrik59
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:33 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2012
39 Posts
motor shaft bent

Just crash my t45. The plastic fan was broken so i replace a new one. When i run it, i found that the motor shaft is bent. I am using the stock 4500kv motor. Can i just replace the shaft only? Is hobbyking or any other shop selling the shaft alone ? I need help here because i am new to EDF.

And also, what methods are you guys using to remove the duct from the plane? It is glued onto the body. If i force it, I might damage the foam body. Thanks.
perfect1 is offline Find More Posts by perfect1
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:49 AM
Add your country to profile:)
United States, CA, Crestline
Joined Oct 2006
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lejna View Post
Legna, that fan/motor combo you found looks GREAT for this plane from looking at the specifications and all the favorable reviews and low price. It should work very well in this plane. I just put that fan on my HK wishlist! I would still suggest buying the plug & fly version because it comes with decent components that are well worth the small extra cost even if just for spares. I fly with stock fan on 4s, but not balanced and makes bad sound. You will want a 60 amp esc, or at least 50 amp minimum. And definitely 4s batteries, 40c continuous rated, I use 2200 and 3000 mAh. I put the ESC and receiver in the battery compartment on the bottom and put the battery in the main compartment. I cut a hole in the foam so I can move the big 3000 mAh back partially over the wing so that I don't need tail weight.
CrashMaster39 is offline Find More Posts by CrashMaster39
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
CrashMaster39
what ESC you suggest of hobbyking ?? to 4S ??
Lejna is offline Find More Posts by Lejna
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined Aug 2011
820 Posts
Use the plush 80A. Search for buddycodes to get a few more dollars off.
jim350 is offline Find More Posts by jim350
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:02 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMaster39 View Post
Legna, that fan/motor combo you found looks GREAT for this plane from looking at the specifications and all the favorable reviews and low price. It should work very well in this plane. I just put that fan on my HK wishlist! I would still suggest buying the plug & fly version because it comes with decent components that are well worth the small extra cost even if just for spares. I fly with stock fan on 4s, but not balanced and makes bad sound. You will want a 60 amp esc, or at least 50 amp minimum. And definitely 4s batteries, 40c continuous rated, I use 2200 and 3000 mAh. I put the ESC and receiver in the battery compartment on the bottom and put the battery in the main compartment. I cut a hole in the foam so I can move the big 3000 mAh back partially over the wing so that I don't need tail weight.
Are you still using the stock ESC ?

When you got your PNF T-45 ... different time of order could be also a different production lot, with different component ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: From the Petrik59 photo, is looking that my ESC and Motor from my PNF version is same as what is shown there ... so not much is looking changed in 1 year ... but I don't hear much of people having problem with stock ESC, so maybe it has been fixed, or was just an unlucky production lot
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined May 2010
1,875 Posts
GYRO"S,,, Has anyone ever installed a gyro in this t-45? I am teaching myself to fly since there is no one else into this hobby where i live... i was thinking of adding a gyro for "ailerons"as it might make it easier to get used to and avoid crashing... the gyro can be switched on or off from my 9x flysky tx,so it would be almost like being hooked up to a buddy box... But not sure if adding a gyro would make this thing easier to fly..I am thinking gyro would help keep plane level on hand launch and landings...If anyone has gyro experience with this or a similiar model..please let me know if this will help prevent a crash...this would be my first EDF model..i only have 4 months on pretty fast and slow trainers... thax
hate2crash is online now Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:04 PM
Cold Lake, Alberta
Joined May 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
GYRO"S,,, Has anyone ever installed a gyro in this t-45? I am teaching myself to fly since there is no one else into this hobby where i live... i was thinking of adding a gyro for "ailerons"as it might make it easier to get used to and avoid crashing... the gyro can be switched on or off from my 9x flysky tx,so it would be almost like being hooked up to a buddy box... But not sure if adding a gyro would make this thing easier to fly..I am thinking gyro would help keep plane level on hand launch and landings...If anyone has gyro experience with this or a similiar model..please let me know if this will help prevent a crash...this would be my first EDF model..i only have 4 months on pretty fast and slow trainers... thax
Hi, I installed one in a tail dragger on the rudder to keep it tracking straight on T/O, and it worked very well. I think it will help keep your wing tips level, just remember, all it does is keep the last commanded angle, it won't pull you straight and level out of danger.

Chris
lebl468 is offline Find More Posts by lebl468
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMaster39 View Post
When you test this motor Please send us your feedback ok ??
Lejna is offline Find More Posts by Lejna
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:01 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
A gyro will not help, but there are cheap board for keep the bird level automatically

Anyhow, if you need to learn how to fly, start from a extra strong epp wing, it can take lot of crashes without have to fix anything

This edf is very easy to fly, if you have basic rc flying skills

Tchuss

E_lm_70
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:48 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,125 Posts
I've used gyros on several different airframes, but for this plane I use one for nosegear steering, either installed on a separate branch off the rudder channel (Y-cable), or installed on a spare channel that has been mixed with rudder. I have the gain dialed up just enough so that the plane gathers speed, just a nudge here and there if at all until it lifts off. Some call it lazy, I call it convenient.

Ailerons on this T-45 would be helpful if you fly in gusty conditions most pilots would avoid, but the bird is pretty stable with its slight wing dihedral.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:35 PM
Add your country to profile:)
United States, CA, Crestline
Joined Oct 2006
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lejna View Post
CrashMaster39
what ESC you suggest of hobbyking ?? to 4S ??
Hi Lejna, I'm using this 60 amp HK ESC for a year now in my 4s T45 with no problems http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_4A_UBEC.html but I see they are out of stock now.
I bought one of these Birdie ESCs recently, but have not tried it yet. Review look pretty good in my opinion. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._w_3A_BEC.html

You could probably get by with a 50 Amp ESC no problem, but I think having that extra margin is worth it. These EDFs can put some big amps, especially if it gets out of balance.
CrashMaster39 is offline Find More Posts by CrashMaster39
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:53 PM
Plane Fanatic
Australia, QLD, Gympie
Joined Jul 2007
890 Posts
Do yourself a favour and buy the 60amps Plush - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

I got one of those Birdie 60amp and it fried on the bench.
DeathWarmedUp is online now Find More Posts by DeathWarmedUp
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:30 PM
Joined May 2010
1,875 Posts
Thanks for all gyro responses...Anyone here ever fly hobbyking 64 mm stinger... the kit has great ratings and is all screwed together..stock fan,motor and esc hold up well on 1600-2200 amh 3s...stock speed is over 70mph..PNP is $89...not a military edf,but a very nice jet nice lines...Just wanted to know if anyone flew or owned it and how it compared in flight characteristics to the t-45...thanks
hate2crash is online now Find More Posts by hate2crash