HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:02 AM
Rc Fan From Belgium
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Feb 2011
381 Posts
Allright........status has now changed to "Printed........and being packed"
From now on it wont take much longer before i can fly this beauty.
Prolly bout 3 weeks or so.

In the mean time i wil lbe flying my Alpha Dassault and my Rafale
Anda Inc. is offline Find More Posts by Anda Inc.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:43 PM
I feel the need...
Orange County
Joined Feb 2011
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn_Ace View Post
Hopefully yours doesn't arrive with a missing WING! I waited patiently for mine only to have a blatant omission in my kit. Now I'm waiting for HK to address with their supplier...
As expected HK is lame when it comes to any problems with your order. I got tired of them saying "we are pushing our supplier to send you the missing part." This gets old after several weeks.

So I opened my first dispute via Paypal - this process is apparently also lame. They told me on the phone that if the vendor does not adequately address my dispute by deadline (8/16), they would offer me the full refund. So on 8/16, HK responded with a token $12 to close the case (my order was $133). This is an insult, so I rejected it.

Now Paypal reset the date to 9/12 for the vendor to respond to my rejection. Seems like they know how to work the system. This is unacceptable and I'm tired of the runaround. I called my credit card company to close it. Should have done that from the beginning.

I'm never buying a plane from HK again.
Azn_Ace is offline Find More Posts by Azn_Ace
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:10 PM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn_Ace View Post
As expected HK is lame when it comes to any problems with your order. I got tired of them saying "we are pushing our supplier to send you the missing part." This gets old after several weeks.

So I opened my first dispute via Paypal - this process is apparently also lame. They told me on the phone that if the vendor does not adequately address my dispute by deadline (8/16), they would offer me the full refund. So on 8/16, HK responded with a token $12 to close the case (my order was $133). This is an insult, so I rejected it.

Now Paypal reset the date to 9/12 for the vendor to respond to my rejection. Seems like they know how to work the system. This is unacceptable and I'm tired of the runaround. I called my credit card company to close it. Should have done that from the beginning.

I'm never buying a plane from HK again.
Good on you for not lying down!

Might have to do the same if they dont sent my bloody order soon!
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:51 PM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked View Post
Good on you for not lying down!

Might have to do the same if they dont sent my bloody order soon!
You may have to - they apparently have had quite a number of orders over the US summer holiday period and are working overtime to get orders filled and sent out - that's what the online 'support' operator tells me anyway.

Of course, we have no idea if 'hobbyking' consists of:
3 guys working on packing orders
2 working on 'online' support
1 person to watch the phone whilst it rings
and
25 people working on developing the website, content, product shots, updates etc, etc.

lol jk (i hope)
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:59 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
You may have to - they apparently have had quite a number of orders over the US summer holiday period and are working overtime to get orders filled and sent out - that's what the online 'support' operator tells me anyway.

Of course, we have no idea if 'hobbyking' consists of:
3 guys working on packing orders
2 working on 'online' support
1 person to watch the phone whilst it rings
and
25 people working on developing the website, content, product shots, updates etc, etc.

lol jk (i hope)
Hahaha thats what the online support person has told me as well.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 07:04 AM
Rc Fan From Belgium
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Feb 2011
381 Posts
Well im happy i bitched against the customer service.
It finally has been shipped 5 minutes after i bitched to them hehehe.
So a week or 2 - 3 and im ready to fly.

Grts Dave
Anda Inc. is offline Find More Posts by Anda Inc.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:23 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Have to sit back and think though, the amount of orders they must recieve world wide to their different warehouses, you'd need an army of workers to get them all correct and posted in said time. Ive personally had no drama's yet, but i do have a package now that seems to be lost in transit somewhere, for some reason, i ordered it from Hong Kong to Australia, and on the transit docket it has done 2 tours of duty through Zurich...UUTF? Hopefully they arent sending it to Austria!! LOL
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:41 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Have to sit back and think though, the amount of orders they must recieve world wide to their different warehouses, you'd need an army of workers to get them all correct and posted in said time. Ive personally had no drama's yet, but i do have a package now that seems to be lost in transit somewhere, for some reason, i ordered it from Hong Kong to Australia, and on the transit docket it has done 2 tours of duty through Zurich...UUTF? Hopefully they arent sending it to Austria!! LOL
Interesting ...

Long time ago, an order from Japan (was for a Tamiya RC car) ... it has been sent to Australia instead to Austria ... eventually it did arrive to me in Austria without problem (but with some weeks of extra delay)

As far as I know, the LiPo battery are sent over Swiss Post ... and maybe everything need to go to Zuirch first, and then send to final destination ... for european it is just few days of delay ... but normally there is no risk for extra custom taxes

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:56 AM
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Interesting ...

Long time ago, an order from Japan (was for a Tamiya RC car) ... it has been sent to Australia instead to Austria ... eventually it did arrive to me in Austria without problem (but with some weeks of extra delay)

As far as I know, the LiPo battery are sent over Swiss Post ... and maybe everything need to go to Zuirch first, and then send to final destination ... for european it is just few days of delay ... but normally there is no risk for extra custom taxes

Tchuss

e_lm_70
See this interests me now as well.

I bought for the 3 day shipping.... does that mean my batteries will be going from Hong Kong - Zurich - Sydney?

If so then...

1) They have some damn fast Cargo Planes
2) They have some damn efficient sorting facilities
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:03 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked View Post
See this interests me now as well.

I bought for the 3 day shipping.... does that mean my batteries will be going from Hong Kong - Zurich - Sydney?

If so then...

1) They have some damn fast Cargo Planes
2) They have some damn efficient sorting facilities
I just know that my Lipo, and Lipo order from US, pass via Zurich.
I don't know if also the LiPo to Australia have to pass in Zuirch too

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: This was selecting the cheapest shipping ... with EMS should be a different story
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:18 PM
I don't want to land yet!
Joined Jan 2010
1,500 Posts
EMS is usually 3-5 days in transit to Aust.
It will go to Zurich if you have selected air mail, going by Swiss Post and takes 2-3 weeks in most cases...
Having said that, this all depends on when it is packed and shipped. So even EMS can be a week before it leaves the warehouse...
Strike3 is offline Find More Posts by Strike3
Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:30 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike3 View Post
EMS is usually 3-5 days in transit to Aust.
It will go to Zurich if you have selected air mail, going by Swiss Post and takes 2-3 weeks in most cases...
Having said that, this all depends on when it is packed and shipped. So even EMS can be a week before it leaves the warehouse...
Bordering on 5 days now and still in Print queue.... weeee guess im not fling my 50mm F18 this weekend.

Looks like I will buy that A6 Intruder after all.

Thats if the rain clears up both my T45's want to get out and fly already!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 07:47 PM
trying to catch Mr. FrSky... It flyes
Joined Jan 2005
1,023 Posts
The kit went on BO when I was about to order!!! waiting time now!!!
splitpilot is offline Find More Posts by splitpilot
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:03 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
I just know that my Lipo, and Lipo order from US, pass via Zurich.
I don't know if also the LiPo to Australia have to pass in Zuirch too

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: This was selecting the cheapest shipping ... with EMS should be a different story
One order of lipo's i ordered about 2 days before the missing one arrived about a week after ordering, the other one with 3 smaller lipo's is the one thats doing a world tour. But in saying that, ive just realised the bigger lipo's came from Australian warehouse and smaller ones from Hong kong, so really i didnt even need to post this post....LOL
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:21 PM
I don't want to land yet!
Joined Jan 2010
1,500 Posts
Maiden flight went off without a problem today... my setup is the stock fan/motor with 100A Mystery ESC and Turnigy Ubec, using 4 cell Turnigy Nanotech 2200mAh 35-70c (have new batts on the way - 2650mAh 50-90c 4s)...
It will be much better with the bigger capacity than the nano's, they are puffed and can't deliver it anymore!
I have 2 aileron servo's side by side in the middle of the wing, HXT 900 for the elevator and a stock servo for the added rudder... no landing gear (fly on grass - belly landing) is the go!
Full throttle and a nice steady throw and she flew straight out without much deviation at all... some small trim adjustments and all is good... great glide in without power for perfect landings!
Strike3 is offline Find More Posts by Strike3