HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:44 AM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceracer View Post
Just crashed my plane and did massive damage to the fuselage. I took it for a flight with 3S power. Rebalanced for the lighter battery pack. Nice calm evening, practically still air. Took off nicely, but oh so much slower with the 3S power. Did some gentle turns to bring it back and it started to roll uncontrollably. I completely lost any sense of which way was up before it finally stopped rolling and plowed into the ground. Aileron position was neutral upon inspection. Elevators appeared slightly uneven, but its hard to say if that wasn't a consequence of the crash. One horizontal stabilizer has a crease in it. All servos function as they should. Ailerons move smoothly as does elevator. Motor and fan still work. Battery has lots of juice left in it.

About the only ideas I can come up with are that 1) I made some attempt to move the position of the aileron hinge on one side, because I thought the uneven height of the ailerons, a problem that never caused a problem before should be corrected to improve air flow. I moved one hinge to even out the surfaces,and maybe it has caused some aerodynamic problem 2) I flew with a battery monitor plugged in, and it might have caused interference to the Spectrum radio receiver, but I was running a real spektrum, with satellite receiver. 3) Damage from previous hard landing / crash that distorted something and prevented the aileron from returning to neutral position.

Whatever happened, it wasn't causing a problem at take off, but showed up on the turn to return to my end of the field. Not sure how badly the plane is damaged, but it will have to be taken apart fully to assess all the breaks in the fuselage.

This might be a consequence of some hidden damage from that previous flight, where it came down hard after the ESC cut power to the motor in strong wind. That flight resulted in a crease in the fuselage that I later steamed out. No flights since then.
Sorry to hear that iceracer. Hope you get it all figured out and a new airframe soon.
gapple12 is offline Find More Posts by gapple12
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2011, 09:31 AM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2011
212 Posts
If I want to re-do the ailerons, using tape instead of hinges, which I think would be easier for achieving an even top surface, would this be a good idea? Would it hold up? Can I use clear packing tape on the top surface?

I'm pretty sure I can rebuild the fuselage. One break at a time and it should come back together.
iceracer is offline Find More Posts by iceracer
Old Aug 03, 2011, 09:45 AM
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
If I want to re-do the ailerons, using tape instead of hinges, which I think would be easier for achieving an even top surface, would this be a good idea? Would it hold up? Can I use clear packing tape on the top surface?

I'm pretty sure I can rebuild the fuselage. One break at a time and it should come back together.
I noticed that these ailerons are very flimsy when I was playing around with them, especially for a jet. If I were you, I would use a hinge and tape to seal them like I did. The plane felt perfect in the air like a giant scale to me when i first flew it. Here are the hinges I used and then I put just a regular clear packing tape to seal the gaps.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXD943&P=ML
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:02 AM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2011
212 Posts
I tried a combo of hinges and tape, and I found that one fought against the other.

I used those round spike like hinges, and I somehow got one aileron improperly positioned, lower than the top surface. It's alway bothered me, but never seemed to affect flight characteristics. About the only strange phenomenon I've noticed was rolling at the top of a loop.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:26 AM
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
I tried a combo of hinges and tape, and I found that one fought against the other.

I used those round spike like hinges, and I somehow got one aileron improperly positioned, lower than the top surface. It's alway bothered me, but never seemed to affect flight characteristics. About the only strange phenomenon I've noticed was rolling at the top of a loop.
I have never liked those type of hinges. Its to easy to have them get out of line. I guess your talking about the Robart type hinge like these ?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXET57&P=ML

To do them right, you need there drill jig.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXET65&P=7

Ive done a few on some giant scale planes and HATED IT !!!
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:38 AM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2011
212 Posts
Yes, that's exactly the kind I used. I first did them and didn't countersink the hinge area (wound up with too much gap between the aileron and trialing edge of the wing), so I had to pull them out and re-do them. Then when I installed them the second time, I wound up with one aileron lower than the other. I now see having pulled the aileron out, they were not straight, and put tension on the aileron. Cutting a slit and using standard hinges would have been more precise and left room to adjust them.
Last edited by iceracer; Aug 03, 2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 11:26 AM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
Does anyone have t-45 30a stock ESC manual?
now I using the t-45 stock ESC for multiflex easyglider
but I don't know how to set the brake.
please let me know how to set it

and where can I find the t-45 30a stock ESC manual???
koreanitroguy is offline Find More Posts by koreanitroguy
Old Aug 03, 2011, 01:39 PM
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
Yes, that's exactly the kind I used. I first did them and didn't countersink the hinge area (wound up with too much gap between the aileron and trialing edge of the wing), so I had to pull them out and re-do them. Then when I installed them the second time, I wound up with one aileron lower than the other. I now see having pulled the aileron out, they were not straight, and put tension on the aileron. Cutting a slit and using standard hinges would have been more precise and left room to adjust them.
I agree, I love the flat style hinge. Hard to screw up when installing them and you can pin them if needed. I ALWAYS on every plane double hinge at the wing tips.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 01:40 PM
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreanitroguy View Post
Does anyone have t-45 30a stock ESC manual?
now I using the t-45 stock ESC for multiflex easyglider
but I don't know how to set the brake.
please let me know how to set it

and where can I find the t-45 30a stock ESC manual???
Ive glanced threw most of this thread and have yet to see a manual for any of these parts that come with the plane. Plus, no name or brand on them.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 02:57 PM
Coral Springs, FL
Joined Mar 2010
409 Posts
There is no manual or programming instructions available.

However, I have developed my own usage manual - after my experience with it
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=939
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1039

STOCK ESC - Instructions for Use:
1. Remove from plane
2. Discard in Trash
gatorlynch is offline Find More Posts by gatorlynch
Old Aug 03, 2011, 03:51 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
Ive glanced threw most of this thread and have yet to see a manual for any of these parts that come with the plane. Plus, no name or brand on them.
I'm also looking for the manual for it ...

I also believe this T-45 PNP based on the shipping lot may have been supplied with different type of ESC ... I have no complains with the quality of my stock ESC so far.

I guess ... we will need to make some experiments ... just power it up full throttle and check if the tons match with other cheap ESC supplied by HK with an available manual ...

In my case I would like to disable or make less sensible the LVC (this did cause me a couple of false hand launch)

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:36 PM
Bass Cannon kick it! "WUB WUB"
Australia, NSW, Sutherland
Joined Dec 2010
2,644 Posts
I just used Tilers tape on the Ailerons, 6 peices in total. 2 at the fuse, 2 in the middle, 2 at the wingtip. Then a reinforcement peice across the to.

Holding well so far, and same config on my modded supercub which has seen over 100 flights and some gnarly crashes.
cloaked is offline Find More Posts by cloaked
Old Aug 03, 2011, 07:41 PM
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Well, just put mine on the scale. Fuse without pack, 21 ounces. Wing is 5 ounces, and my G4 pack is 9 ounces. I think I'm slightly on the heavy side.
Old Aug 03, 2011, 09:39 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2011
212 Posts
I'm 26 ounces empty, but with full landing gear that includes oversized wheels and an aluminum plate to reinforce the front gear, twin aileron servo's, but no front wheel servo. 35 oz fully loaded with a 2200 4S battery. Or in metric, 1000 grams flying weight. So basically, same as above.
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:26 AM
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
If anyone is interested........T-45 parts for sale.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1482718