HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2010, 04:32 PM
Joined Oct 2009
157 Posts
Discussion
Four stroke flat diesel engine

I simply will look as flat block. It can be cast as a single unit. It did not need the division on the block and head. Because the pistons can be put at the bottom......
It is full 4 stroke engine.

Regards Andrew
Feliks is offline Find More Posts by Feliks
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2010, 07:30 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,895 Posts
I can't wait to see it in operation.
Keep us posted about your progress.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Oct 06, 2010, 07:51 PM
It's Prime Time for Slime Time
Joined May 2004
1,723 Posts
reminds me vaguely of a sterling engine... Cool!
b7gwap is offline Find More Posts by b7gwap
Old Oct 06, 2010, 09:46 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
At first I found some similarity with the old JAWA motorcycle engine(a 2-strokes where two pistons are driven by a common crankpin and the two cylinders share a common combustion chamber with transfer in one cylinder and exhaust in the other). I didn't understand the third large cylinder and how it could be called 4-strokes, then I found that:
http://www.new4stroke.com/
and it became all clear, impressive work!
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Oct 07, 2010, 06:54 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,895 Posts
I was thinking that with a square or rectangular shape, it makes it easy to add cooling fins or drill it out for water cooling passages too. The overhead valve arrangement allows for the smallest combustion chamber size. The OP shows a side valve arrangement which might have problems with the combustion chamber volume being larger and longer. The combustion wave propagation patterns may be pretty bad with it that way.

One thought I had was maybe machining in a slot on each port and putting in a movable slide that would let you adjust the port timing. One could use a couple of push pull screws to move the slide up or down to change the port timing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2010, 08:13 AM
Joined Feb 2007
2,768 Posts
I saw some of the "twingles", short for twin single, that were in Allstate scooters mfg'd by Puch in Austria. Odd way to build a two stroke but they worked.

I hope you all don't mind a little history lesson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twingle_engine
I TOBOR is online now Find More Posts by I TOBOR
Last edited by I TOBOR; Oct 07, 2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 05:24 AM
NM2K
Ringgold, GA, USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I TOBOR View Post
I saw some of the "twingles", short for twin single, that were in Allstate scooters mfg'd by Puch in Austria. Odd way to build a two stroke but they worked.

I hope you all don't mind a little history lesson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twingle_engine

In 1966, Sears was selling off all of their Puch motorcycles at ridiculously low prices. I was at the Camelback Mall in Phoenix, AZ and I got to ride one of the 250cc models around the parking lot for a half an hour or so. A couple of days before that, I test rode the new Suzuki X-6 Hustler, which was a street taggable bullet. The Sears Puch 250cc was no comparison to the Suzuki X-6 Hustler, but neither was its price. Sears was selling their Puchs for $250 with a warranty. The new Suzuki was going for $600 with a warranty. Being a broke GI, I nearly bought the Sears just to have some form of transportation.

Ed Cregger
Artisan is offline Find More Posts by Artisan
Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:53 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,895 Posts
I came real close to buying one of them back around that time too.
But I wound up getting a Yamaha 350 instead (the biggest motorcycle they made at that time). I knew a Air Force guy who had a Allstate/Puch 250. We used to tool around together with some others from time to time.
I lived near the Luke AFB in 1966.
In my opinion at the time, was that it looked obsolete and cheap. At that time the motorcycle factory wars were heating up with the Japanese trying to outdo each other every year with ever newer whizbang models and designs. it overwelmed and left all the other manufacturers in their wake.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:27 AM
Joined Oct 2009
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I TOBOR View Post

Many thanks, for the proper orientation of the history of the engines.
Finally someone is doing with meaning.

I think that thanks to the good understanding of my design, is a good chance of making prototypes
Thanks now I have the time to show new cases:

But what you can see at the animated film of my engine, is only a cross section of the centre of cylinders.
It is no combustion chamber. You can see somewhere spark plug or injector?
My combustion chamber are behind this cross section about 2 cm!!
You must see photo (Galery), where is spark plug in my engine.
I can made Little tunel ,ball or others figures.
I am give name it Dynamic Chamber. It is asolutely new chamber , have a lot of advantages, which Ricardo can for himself about only to dream.
First advantages, are mechanically forced air in cylindrer. It is possible at tunel chamber 300 m/sec force speed(in normal chamber speed a good fire are about 30 m/sec).maybe are a good diesel engine ? (about 12000 RPM).What we will do with these such revolutionary possibilities, the time will show .

Regards Andrew
Old Feb 28, 2011, 02:24 AM
Joined Oct 2009
157 Posts
Good old poped and see what they are having a ...
And with the precision control valve, you can only dream.:tsk

Valve Float (4 min 21 sec)

Every cent given to the development of the "old" technology is turer wasted ...

Andrew
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:21 AM
Joined Oct 2009
157 Posts
New animations half rotate engine:

And in scale 1:1 350 ccm intake volume:

http://www.new4stroke.com/halfrotatedxf.dxf Save and print file

Regards Andrew

or other new idea...

The cylinder can be made from an aluminum extrude...

Big air cooled

Small air cooled

star halfrotate

And "Stephenson second"

And story this inventions "step by step"
Story half rotate engine

Save these PDF files on your computer and print. These are drawings of the 2-liter engine on a scale of 1:1

http://www.new4stroke.com/section.pdf

http://www.new4stroke.com/long.pdf

Regards Andrew