HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2010, 08:43 AM
Joined Mar 2009
148 Posts
New Product
ImmersionRC PowerBox(AV) - AVAILABLE NOW!

ImmersionRC is proud to announce a new product designed specifically for FPVers.

The ImmersionRC PowerBox(AV) provides a distribution point for both Audio/Video signals, and also DC power, for use in an FPV groundstation.

The buffered video ports accept a single A/V input, using standard 3.5mm FatShark/ImmersionRC jacks, and buffers it to four outputs, also using the compact 3.5mm jacks.
Connecting a pair of goggles or two, an A/V recorder, an antenna tracker is now possible without bulky cinch cables.

The other side of the box takes one or two (redundant) DC power inputs (typically 3s Lipos), and provides four heavily filtered, fused, outputs.

A built-in microcontroller monitors the voltage levels of the input(s) and provides an audible warning at a preset (programmable) voltage level.

The PowerBox ships with custom 5 meter 3.5mm to 3.5mm A/V cables which are ideal to connect the A/V outputs directly to one or more pairs of FatShark goggles.

The PowerBox is currently available to ImmersionRC retailers, and a few retailers have already received their first shipment.

M.S.R.P is $99, and includes the powerbox, and a full cableset.
ImmersionRC is offline Find More Posts by ImmersionRC
Last edited by ImmersionRC; Oct 06, 2010 at 08:58 AM. Reason: MSRP was incorrect
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2010, 09:24 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,599 Posts
Nice!

A question, does the powerbox use both power inputs at the same time or does it switch between batteries? In other words is it possible to use two batteries with different capacities without risking one battery to charge/drain the other?
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Oct 06, 2010, 09:38 AM
Joined Jun 2010
561 Posts
How does the adjustment of the videolevel on the video out work? I dont see any screws or switches.
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
Old Oct 06, 2010, 09:40 AM
Norge
Joined Feb 2009
437 Posts
I see what you did here, the video diversity will be in your Duo box
Capy-Norway is offline Find More Posts by Capy-Norway
Old Oct 06, 2010, 10:23 AM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabazul View Post
How does the adjustment of the videolevel on the video out work? I dont see any screws or switches.
They are there if needed according to the spec sheet
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Oct 06, 2010, 10:52 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
Nice!

A question, does the powerbox use both power inputs at the same time or does it switch between batteries? In other words is it possible to use two batteries with different capacities without risking one battery to charge/drain the other?
It switches to the one with highest voltage with a .4V hysteresis, you can thus combine batteries of different capacity, but obviously not of widely different voltage, hence combining a 3S and a 2S doesn't make sense.

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 06, 2010, 10:54 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
You need to remove it from its box, by removing one face plate (2 screws), you'll find a trimmer inside that lets you set video level. By default they come shipped with the level set to 1, hence no amplification, you can however change that from about 0.5 to 1.5x, enough to allow for correcting devices that have a video level which is out of specification.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Oct 06, 2010, 01:33 PM
Joined Jun 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
You need to remove it from its box, by removing one face plate (2 screws), you'll find a trimmer inside that lets you set video level. By default they come shipped with the level set to 1, hence no amplification, you can however change that from about 0.5 to 1.5x, enough to allow for correcting devices that have a video level which is out of specification.

Cheers,

Sander.
so this is actually only for the videoinput and not for the different outputs? I am asking because if you put a very long videocable on one of the outputs the signal at the other end is sometimes not strong enough. http://media.elektronik-star.de/imag...28_1_title.jpg those boxes have a screw where you can boost the signal of every single output. Think i missunderstood that from the powerbox's specs. Maybe its something for V 2.0
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
Old Oct 06, 2010, 01:38 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
so this is actually only for the videoinput and not for the different outputs? I am asking because if you put a very long videocable on one of the outputs the signal at the other end is sometimes not strong enough. http://media.elektronik-star.de/imag...28_1_title.jpg those boxes have a screw where you can boost the signal of every single output. Think i missunderstood that from the powerbox's specs. Maybe its something for V 2.0
The video level of our video amplifier is not attenuated by cable length, simply due to the fact that our output impedance is low enough for the cable to not matter. Cable lengths up to 25 meter have been tested which showed no ill effect. I think what you have experienced is one of the shortcomings of a cheap and not properly designed video buffer/splitter.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Oct 06, 2010, 02:57 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Oct 2005
401 Posts
Sander

Is it possible to have 3 12V outputs and 1 6V output with the powerbox? The 6V output would be for an EZtracker.

Thanks

Mark
Blue Collar is offline Find More Posts by Blue Collar
Old Oct 06, 2010, 03:02 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Collar View Post
Sander

Is it possible to have 3 12V outputs and 1 6V output with the powerbox? The 6V output would be for an EZtracker.

Thanks

Mark
No, all outputs are the same voltage as the input. However I use a simple 3A UBEC connected to one of the outputs. Due to the effective LC filtering the noise generated by the UBEC doesn't show up on any of the other output and generally a UBEC running a few digital high torque servos straining to get a heavy antenna pointed is pretty much as dirty as it gets

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:05 PM
New Zealand
Joined Apr 2010
256 Posts
Just received my PowerBox. Build quality is of the standard you expect from ImmersionRC products.

I now have EzUHF and EzOSD in the air and EzTracker and PowerBox on the ground. Clean, realiable, single power source solutions.
ramboky is offline Find More Posts by ramboky
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:58 AM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
I'm getting mine this weekend (I hope ) can't wait!
trappy is offline Find More Posts by trappy
Old Oct 15, 2010, 02:54 PM
France, Pyrénées Orientales
Joined Feb 2009
423 Posts
Hi

where it's possible to find at +-100 US ?

thank you

jdm66
jdm66 is offline Find More Posts by jdm66
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:21 PM
New Zealand
Joined Apr 2010
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappy View Post
I'm getting mine this weekend (I hope ) can't wait!
I've got ImmersionRC gear before Trappy!? That can't be right!

I really like that this gives me single power source simplicity and security on the ground. No more worrying about which batteries I have charged and which will run out first. Just one big battery to power everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm66 View Post
where it's possible to find at +-100 US ?
Everywhere I looked the price was the similar - 130.00USD. I don't expect you'll find it cheaper.
ramboky is offline Find More Posts by ramboky