1,557 Posts
Looks awesome! Love the colors!
threcixty is offline Find More Posts by threcixty
Old Jan 28, 2011, 01:45 PM
Play loud, Fly high
Vincennes,IN USA
Joined Apr 2007
649 Posts
NICE Congrats on the maiden Steve. Now I see where the sell off funds have been applied.
Gil Gauger is offline Find More Posts by Gil Gauger
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:36 PM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Gauger View Post
NICE Congrats on the maiden Steve. Now I see where the sell off funds have been applied.
So true it is! Nice to see a couple guys that I sold stuff to chime in. Indeed this is an excellent way to reuse funds from sold models and equipment.
stevecondon is offline Find More Posts by stevecondon
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:45 PM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Fosa proved worthy in speed today

So, even though I was pretty rusty on the sticks, the airplane did not disappoint. Launch was very good - even in the downwind morning air. Impressive height for the conditions.

Ran the early speed with only fuse ballast and it was smokin' fast. Got a little greedy on B on a number of runs to find the turn but one of those runs with only the fuse ballast was a 13.81 but with a wingspan distance cut at B...so while it "doesn't count" it certainly shows the potential.

I flew that and the Radical Pro and that thing was also launching and scootin' around the course like Radicals do but the Fosa was very well behaved on tow and it zooms like a missile. Time will tell, but the bottom line is that Jiri and his team have put out one excellent model from top to bottom. The construction is amazing (the ribs in the wings and bulkheads in the fuse and all that carbon and two joiners make for one STIFF airplane) and the fit and finish are impeccable. Then of course, there is all that aspect ratio and the way it LD's. Very nice. Very nice indeed.
Last edited by stevecondon; Feb 02, 2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:18 AM
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Aug 2006
1,528 Posts
SAWEET!! That is a really graceful looking model. Glad to hear it is performing well. I need to get a little stick time on it next time we fly
Avaldes is online now Find More Posts by Avaldes
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:56 AM
Soaring Addict
Carlsbad Ca
Joined Mar 2006
55 Posts
Sweet plane Steve O

Here is a Video of the first launch....it was pretty impressive
Bummer I can't get it to load
ScottCondon is offline Find More Posts by ScottCondon
Last edited by ScottCondon; Jan 31, 2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:31 AM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaldes View Post
SAWEET!! That is a really graceful looking model. Glad to hear it is performing well. I need to get a little stick time on it next time we fly
Absolutely. I let Mike and Kyle fly it and all of us are impressed. I'd like to know what you think. I suppose I could change around the mode to work for you for at least one flight.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:32 AM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottCondon View Post
Here is a Video of the first launch....it was pretty impressive
Scotty - the video didn't post, just two versions of the same image. Try it again.

Man, I wish we had a video camera out yesterday...that would have been cool. It became epic launching weather.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:15 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecondon View Post
It became epic launching weather.
That's a fact. Even I was almost happy with my launches. And that Fosa, OMG that thing was on the ping seemingly forever!

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:44 PM
Fly, Fish or F#@%
Houston
Joined Dec 2006
476 Posts
Well,
Luck was on my side today and was able to get a couple of hours of flying of my new Fosa.
I been practicing F3J launching lately and therefore my winch was spooled with some old 300m of 1.35mm mono.
Mike L had given me some settings for the Fosa and most seemed spot on!
A hand chuck had created a long walk for me to grab the model, man she looks sexy in the grass.
Next, up on the winch and up, up and away did she go. She rotated great, seemed very stable on tow and zoomed all the way to the moon!
After a dozen + launches, some thermal, distance and un-ballasted speed runs I am blown away by how easy she is to fly without giving up on performance.
The MKS DS6125minis/DS6125H are awesome servos and in an awesome ship just makes everything better.
As Target, Steve and Scott said, this thing is very impressive on launch and pings forever.
I so hope I can make it to the Gator in Feb to get some stick time on her and back into B.
Cheers,
T
A very happy Fosa owner
gliding Oz is offline Find More Posts by gliding Oz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2011, 05:48 PM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Hey Thomas,

Hopefully you can also get your Fosa out to Cal Valley in May to play F3B to your heart's content for 3 full days!

Cheers to the Fosa!

Steve
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:55 PM
Mannheim/Germany
Joined Feb 2005
42 Posts
Today I got my new baby from Jiri :-)

Which CG do you fly?
LS8-18 is online now Find More Posts by LS8-18
Old Feb 13, 2011, 08:39 AM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS8-18 View Post
Today I got my new baby from Jiri :-)

Which CG do you fly?
Wow! Your "baby" is beautiful. Love the stripes. I run the CG at 117 mm back from the nosecone seam. Seems perfect. Tow-hook is at 119 mm back (about 1 mm in forward of the back of the slot).

Have fun with it (I know you will)!
Old Feb 13, 2011, 07:08 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,295 Posts
I had a chance to put in a little more flying on mine today in horrible conditions. 90 degree crosswinds, lots of turbulence. A few "interesting" launches. Everything in one piece. I flew light, just the tungsten and brass I have in the wing which is the same as the stock wing brass plus 7 pieces in the fuselage. A few launches just short of 300M. One was 980 ft....

Lots of bad air to fly in and the occasional bit of smooth air. What a day to fly after 6 weeks of snow and a 3:30 drive to get far enough south to get to a field that wasn't snow covered.
mlachow is offline Find More Posts by mlachow