HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by slopemeno, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 05, 2010, 03:55 PM
Joined Jan 2003
6,910 Posts
Discussion
Goat Rock Fest 2011

So Neil Walker got me thinking..."Lets do a Goat Rock deal"

If you haven't flown Goat Rock when is blowing, you're missing out. It has a DS groove, as well as some serious front side compression. I've flown my Higgins plane there and been freezing, with my nose and eyes watering, and not wanting to land.

Anybody up for a Goat-Fest in, say, March of 2011?

The site about 1 hour north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sonoma County, CA, just south of where the Russian River empties into the Pacific Ocean, just off of Hwy-1. Landing is fairly easy, and the site is friendly for everything from PSS to foam. It's about as close to a park-n-fly as you can get. Neil also made the suggestion that we take over a campsite somewhere where we can barbeque after the shin-dig.

It'd be nice to get all the Bay Area locals out to one flying spot at one time. Who's up for it?
slopemeno is online now Find More Posts by slopemeno
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Goat Rock Threads
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:09 PM
SF Bay Slope Flyer
San Francisco, CA
Joined Apr 2004
211 Posts
I'm up for it - been skunked twice at goat - no wind and then fog.
Third times a charm.
That time of the year we'll have to make some sacrifices to the
wind and rain gods to get some good weather.
SlopeFlyer33 is offline Find More Posts by SlopeFlyer33