HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2010, 03:32 AM
Joined Feb 2010
341 Posts
Discussion
Official Radian Pro Thread

Posted in Parkflyers where it should be.

For everything Radian Pro. Radio Set up tips. Performance Reviews, Glider Pron (and all things crow)

Enjoy
Magnumb is offline Find More Posts by Magnumb
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2010, 08:22 AM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
United States, KY, Hanson
Joined May 2007
2,579 Posts
So does anyone have one of these, yet?
KFC is offline Find More Posts by KFC
Old Oct 05, 2010, 03:23 PM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,859 Posts
Probably take a large park for one, or a brave pilot. Sure glad to see another Radian topic
Gohmer is offline Find More Posts by Gohmer
Old Oct 05, 2010, 10:10 PM
Joined Feb 2010
341 Posts
I know there are too many topics, but no radian pro topic in parkflyers. I have flown mine in a park many times. So slow, but flaps mean you could hand launch and land in a much smaller space.

I am also guessing that handling will be more neutral since it has less dihedral. I loved the radian but could have used a titch less dynamic stability.

What was the release date again?
Old Oct 06, 2010, 08:03 AM
Lusby, MD 20657
Joined Mar 2001
501 Posts
There is a hugh thread in the electric glider section for this bird.
pdansalvish is offline Find More Posts by pdansalvish
Old Oct 06, 2010, 10:57 AM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,859 Posts
Might as well start one in the foamy section also
Gohmer is offline Find More Posts by Gohmer
Old Oct 06, 2010, 11:22 PM
Joined Feb 2010
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
Might as well start one in the foamy section also
Too true. I am totally ok letting this die if no one wants a thread in parkflyers, However this was where I came for the original radian.

Anyhow, live or die I care not. But support it if you feel this is the home for it.
Old Oct 09, 2010, 10:19 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I wonder if I could add the pro wing to my old Radian. That would be great!

I wouldn't mind a thread in parkflyers, there's nothing new here much anyway.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Oct 10, 2010, 03:25 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I wonder if I could add the pro wing to my old Radian. That would be great!

I wouldn't mind a thread in parkflyers, there's nothing new here much anyway.
Not really feasible. The new wing attachment method combined with some fuselage reinforcement make it so the new wings won't fit on the old fuselage.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:53 PM
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
I cant tell anyone to buy this! I was very bummed on how cheap this is...climb rate not to good, material if nose comes down to hard in landing will break off!!...it break on almost everylanding unless you catch it!!! I spent about 150.00 to much on this!!! I paid 184.00!!!! could go on but will go back to flying other planes!!!! I haven't flown anything this bad since the 80's
danvegas is offline Find More Posts by danvegas
Old Jan 16, 2011, 09:32 AM
United States, LA, Sulphur
Joined Jan 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danvegas View Post
I cant tell anyone to buy this! I was very bummed on how cheap this is...climb rate not to good, material if nose comes down to hard in landing will break off!!...it break on almost everylanding unless you catch it!!! I spent about 150.00 to much on this!!! I paid 184.00!!!! could go on but will go back to flying other planes!!!! I haven't flown anything this bad since the 80's
Might you suggest a better alternitive?
Electricfied is offline Find More Posts by Electricfied
Old Jan 16, 2011, 09:34 PM
Rick
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
598 Posts
Quote:
If you break it every time you "land" I would hazard say that you are not "landing" but "crashing". I have had the Raidian1 for over a year and have more then 65 hours of flight time on it and have never broken the nose or anything else for that matter. And that includes landing in it a rock quorry a half dozen times. I have landed the Radian Pro on an ice covered parking lot in subzero temperatures with not even a scratch. This is a $184 foam sailplane that can take ALOT more abuse and is much easier to repair then a $1500 woody or moldy. Don't bash the plane because your skills are lacking. I would suggest that it mite be a good idea to practice your landings on a sim.

As for the climb rate of the stock RP, I have to agree with you. But that was fixed with a set of 10X8 blades for $7.00. After that the climb rate was the same as the R1.

Electricfied

I don't think there is a better alternative for the money. I have flown friends high dollar full house molded carbon fiber and Kevlar sailplanes and for the Radian Pro flys pretty dam good in conparison. Just go check out the prices of the other entry level full house sailplanes, I haven't seen any thing to compare. Next to my DLG I think it's going to be my new favorite sailplane to fly.

Rick
hammer833 is offline Find More Posts by hammer833
Last edited by hammer833; Jan 16, 2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 03:42 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
If it's made of the same stuff the old Radian, which I think it is - you're flying it wrong. It can take some hits and come out fine, I've dived it in and slid 20 feet and pulled up at the last second before it stopped to turn on the motor and climb. No damage yet.

This is a glider, you should glide it...When you land, it should brush the grass and kiss the earth when it is finished moving.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:14 PM
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
I'm so funny in a way we are both right I flew just a few times with both times very bad luck! thats why I can say I crashed it everytime I tried to land it!! ha,,ha...heres what I noticed as well as heard from other flyers if you push the plane down or for what ever reason you might have a hard time to pull up due to the small elevators.. in my case "bad ar500" my signal cut I had open throttle straight down and could not not pull out
danvegas is offline Find More Posts by danvegas
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:56 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I have the Radian 1 and have seen a couple Youtube videos flying it like a beefy carbon fiber hotliner.
It really isn't that kind of plane, and will break in a full power dive when deflecting full elevator (or may not have enough elevator to recover). Like I said, it is designed to climb, then glide.

It's all fun though. If you want to spend your money on a high speed plane that glides, search for warmliner and hotliner.