Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by deckert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 04, 2010, 11:50 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,544 Posts
Discussion
Higgins Field winding the summer down

Well, we had a real great turnout for the Regional IMAC (Sept. 24,25,26) this year. We had 24 pilots registered and flying for the NW Regional Championship. These pilots put on one heck of a show. Beginners to Expert class was truly an event. Even though I've been to 3 IMAC events, (I only took pictures) I had no real idea what transpired to compete. I asked for, and got, an earful of what transpires to compete in an event like this. These pilots have to fly a 'set' pattern and be judged on how well/precise they fly the sequence. It's not like me where I go out & turn & burn and let the wings go where they may. This is precision flying with restrictive limits. I learned a lot and enjoyed the heck out of it. I can definitely see where I need to practice to be able to actually be in precise control of my birds. As in not just flopping them around through the air.

The above being said, we had our Indian Summer Fun Fly (Oct. 1,2,3) this past weekend. It's a 'fly what you bring' and 'fly it how you want event'. We had everything from foamies to 30% birds and helis and had 30 registered pilots. Gas/electric/fuel, you name it, we had it. The pilots with the big bids put on one heck of show time & again with their expertise doing 3D work. $6K birds dancing <6" off the pavement is a site to behold.

We fed over 50 people for IMAC and over 45 for Indian Summer. Weather for both events was 72~80 degrees and virtually dead calm for winds. Kids & adults galore. Two weekends of pure enjoyment! I don't know how it gets any better then that! Except!!! Not a SINGLE CRASH! We did have a single plane loss because our club president lost his bird in the puckerbrush somewhere due to unk circumstances. on the last day of Indian Summer. Pics are at http://www.higginsfield.com/ under the Media/photos link.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Transmissions for planes
to remove ads between posts