HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2010, 06:31 PM
Northern IL
Joined Sep 2006
817 Posts
Discussion
Hyper 2ME - VS - Pulsar 2E

Greetings All

Trying to get some feedback on these 2 ships I have narrowed it down to these two but dont know anything about them. The Hacker B20-18L I have will work in both of these.

So if anyone has any feedback on these ships good or not that good would really appreciate any thing anyone has to say about them to help me make a decision on which on to get.

Thanks in advance.

Link for Pulsar http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=6739

Link for Hyper http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=3255
skypan12 is offline Find More Posts by skypan12
Last edited by skypan12; Oct 04, 2010 at 06:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2010, 08:17 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,496 Posts
I have an updated, larger version of the Hyper 2ME, the Hyper 2.3 ME, here
http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=5513

I also have a Pulsar 2m (well actually three) . Two are Poly Pulsar 2008, the third is the Pulsar 2008 with ailerons. I don't have the aileron version flying yet.

I like the Hyper 2.3ME, it doesn't track as well as the poly wing Pulsars I have flying now, but the Hyper is the thermal hunting machine. In fact it wants to "hunt" a bit in the air all the time. Super stable making big thermal turns. I got my Hyper 2.3 to fly at 25.5 ounces, with TP 1320 -3S LiPo. Removable canopy is great for LiPo changes. On the other hand, you buy the Hyper 2.3 with a hi-launch nose ..so to mount a motor, you have to cut the paper thin nose off and make your own mount. Hyper has an elegant, full floating stabilator, though I found it a little tricky to set up.

Pulsar, mind you the Poly Pulsars I have are super stable, track like it's on rails. Very strong wing. Easier build, with pre built motor mount on nose cone. Better hinges than Hyper 2.3 . However, having to remove nose cone (held with a screw) each time with Pulsars to connect LiPo is a PIA.

So a tough choice, either one will be a fun, floaty machine!
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Last edited by 320pilot; Oct 04, 2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2010, 10:44 PM
Northern IL
Joined Sep 2006
817 Posts
Thanks for the reply 320pilot, I like the idea of having the motor mount already in place and not cutting the nose off and making my own so in that respect for me the Pulsar would be a better choice.

Also I did forget to mention about customer service of each of the CO. I have never had dealing with espritemodle so dont know anything about them.

A very very long time ago I bought something from the other Co and it was Very Bad experience I dont know if it is any better 10 yrs or so later.

So if any one wants to comment on there customer service experience that would be appreciated also.
skypan12 is offline Find More Posts by skypan12
Old Oct 05, 2010, 05:38 AM
Thermal Hunter
United States, PA, Phoenixville
Joined Jan 2005
332 Posts
Esprit Model has given me great service
jnoel is online now Find More Posts by jnoel