HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2010, 05:31 AM
Australia, VIC, Keysborough
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
Video
Samurai electric glider

This is a very nice glider, with a broad speed range and good thermaling ability.
Crow brakes work very effective. I am very happy with it. It will be great for the days where there is very little wind around, but will also handle 15-20 knots.
Thanks to Ron who took the clip, I can show you guys how well it flies.
Cheers
Knut
AeroNut45 is online now Find More Posts by AeroNut45
Last edited by AeroNut45; Apr 16, 2011 at 08:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2010, 07:49 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Sweet!!!! You can see how much those brakes slowed the plane down. Super plane too, now I want one.

TFS

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Oct 05, 2010, 01:18 AM
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
What didn't show quite clearly, is the descent from great height since my buddy zoomed in on the plane as I was putting out the brakes.
What might be a problem for people using crow braking function is on a slider or on the stick.
Multiplex makes it very easy for glider pilots who want to use motor, but not use the throttle stick for it. Multiplex calls it mode 5, by swapping the motor function to a slider and the crow braking to the throttle stick. So when you come in for landing you don't need to let go of the right hand stick if you are mode 1 flier. Makes for very accurate landings.
Not sure if JR has got that option unless it is Graupner JR.

Cheers
Knut
Old Oct 25, 2010, 02:40 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2007
31 Posts
Hey just flew mine or the first time thisarvo, bit windy seemed to handle it well.. Been a long time since i have flown a glider need a bit more practice.
Used a motor set out of a glider i had a few years ago just a speed 400 and 1100 NiMh pack and skybolt 35 goes ok.
What motor setup is in yours? Looks good on the vid..

Rob
bayselec is offline Find More Posts by bayselec
Old Oct 25, 2010, 02:55 AM
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayselec View Post
Hey just flew mine or the first time thisarvo, bit windy seemed to handle it well.. Been a long time since i have flown a glider need a bit more practice.
Used a motor set out of a glider i had a few years ago just a speed 400 and 1100 NiMh pack and skybolt 35 goes ok.
What motor setup is in yours? Looks good on the vid..

Rob
That is a spinner,prop,speedy and motor package which can be bought as a set.
Will set you back 135$. I think it is worth it. It is layed out for 2 cell lipo's. Because I had trouble to find a lipo big enough to fit the space with the right weight I opted for 3 cells 2150mah, that way I don't need any dead weight to balance. Just needed to adjust my throttle travel. because on full throttle the motor cuts out with 3 cells.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:30 AM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,451 Posts
Just as an FYI, Hobby Lobby will be selling these in the U.S. I have one and love it.

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:09 AM
Re-kitter of models
"The other side"
Joined Aug 2007
309 Posts
Hiya Knut

I bought one of these earlier this week, going 3s 2200 mha 2nd himark with 6x 3 prop, then I noticed you were on YouTube with one, should've known.
Waiting on some digital servos from china. If you like it, it's gunna be good.

I hear steve maybe having another mooflyin maybe soon.

See you later, Ron. (pun there somewhere)

Cheers.
caveprod is offline Find More Posts by caveprod
Old Nov 19, 2010, 03:10 AM
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
Hi Ron, long time no ear.
Not sure what Himark you are running, but an airframe like that would do better with a bigger prop. It'll be interesting to hear your report.
Not sure if you seen this video most of it is done with the Samurai
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1334475
Cheers
Knut
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:36 PM
Re-kitter of models
"The other side"
Joined Aug 2007
309 Posts
Sorry knut, wires crossed.

engine going in reverse no doubt.

Its Tim. My bad. I thought you'd been flying with Wobby, so did the later ron thing
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:44 PM
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
And I thought you had a name change
Old Nov 21, 2010, 05:18 PM
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2007
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
Just as an FYI, Hobby Lobby will be selling these in the U.S. I have one and love it.

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
with electronics??
price?
arrival date??
any info will be appreciated

ed
my fist and last purchase from hobby lobby was terrible, so i hope in any future purchases i wont have the same problem

great video
ED3 is offline Find More Posts by ED3
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:17 AM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,451 Posts
I don't have the details of the order yet. Sorry for the bad experience you had last time. I can assure you it's not the norm. We've been here for over 45 years and customer service is top priority.

Jason Cole
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Nov 22, 2010, 08:01 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ED3 View Post
with electronics??
price?
arrival date??
any info will be appreciated

ed
my fist and last purchase from hobby lobby was terrible, so i hope in any future purchases i wont have the same problem

great video
ED3,

I can attest to Hobby Lobby fantastic service and I have zero connections with them. They are a great group of people who care about customer satisfaction. Just do not become frustrated but let them know what the exact problem is and they will help. I am talking from my experience.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:51 PM
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2007
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
I don't have the details of the order yet. Sorry for the bad experience you had last time. I can assure you it's not the norm. We've been here for over 45 years and customer service is top priority.

Jason Cole
this would not be the appropriate place for me to discuss my bad experience, but please do let us know when you have any info..... i would be willing to to buy from you guys
ED3 is offline Find More Posts by ED3
Old Dec 06, 2010, 04:34 AM
Re-kitter of models
"The other side"
Joined Aug 2007
309 Posts
There's a heap of ways on the JR, the throttle could go to AUX 3 or AUX 4, or elsewhere, I chose to go to glider mode, use flight modes so that the throttle is the motor control for launch mode and cruise mode, but becomes butterfly/crow for landing mode. I have camber changes on launch, cruise and landing mode but can override with aux 3 that brings in settable camber.

yes, its all possible.

How many watts are you getting out of your motor. I was recommended a 6 X 3 prop and am pulling about 17 amps. (about 17,000 rpm on 11 volts.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroNut45 View Post
What might be a problem for people using crow braking function is on a slider or on the stick.
Multiplex makes it very easy for glider pilots who want to use motor, but not use the throttle stick for it. Multiplex calls it mode 5, by swapping the motor function to a slider and the crow braking to the throttle stick. So when you come in for landing you don't need to let go of the right hand stick if you are mode 1 flier. Makes for very accurate landings.
Not sure if JR has got that option unless it is Graupner JR.

Cheers
Knut