SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 02, 2010, 06:17 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
Video
keychain cam on tail of Hobby Lobby (Freewing) F-16

More info in the Freewing F-16 thread, but this is a keychain cam that I mounted to a post glued into the tail. Wind noise is reduced by putting a piece of "microphone muff" in front of the mic inside the case. I had a streamer attached to the camera which make it vibrate badly & also makes the buzzing sound in the background.

Weather conditions were cool, windy, and particularly gusty. Poor little bird was getting tossed around everywhere.
habitforming is offline Find More Posts by habitforming
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2010, 02:15 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Habit,

Nice flight in a cool flying area. Have you ever had to recover a plane from on top of one of those buildings? While I was living in Germany I had to retrieve a few planes from the roof of some buildings. Super landing too!

TFS

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Oct 03, 2010, 02:22 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
luckily so far I haven't had to personally. a friend lost his parkzone micro sukhoi on top of one of them, but never tried to recover it.

thanks on the landing - I thought it was rough but with how the wind was gusting, it was the best I could manage!
Old Oct 03, 2010, 07:48 PM
HELP!!! I'VE BEEN CAUGHT !
United States, WA, Lacey
Joined Oct 2005
175 Posts
Nice video,camera has clear picture and worked well. What kind is it, brand,model # or version ? Come on give us a hint ! I want one.
The flying of the plane was so good that I did not see the pilot flinch, not even once. Although his lunch was shaken not stirred. Have you thought about rubber wheels,shocks or even a smoother runway? Great flight keep the batteries charged and videos coming.
Duckie62 is offline Find More Posts by Duckie62
Old Oct 03, 2010, 08:49 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
talk to p51p51, his sale thread is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1220908

and tell him Habitforming sent ya!

I don't have the money for a new runway , but I am considering rubber wheels now that I hear how it sounds rolling along.

Even gustier here today or I'd have another video or two already. Try, try again tomorrow :/
Old Oct 04, 2010, 07:05 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming View Post
luckily so far I haven't had to personally. a friend lost his parkzone micro sukhoi on top of one of them, but never tried to recover it.

thanks on the landing - I thought it was rough but with how the wind was gusting, it was the best I could manage!
Man, I would have gone to the building manager to get access to the top of the building or found a way up there. I loved my micro Sukhoi, right up until my wife crushed it when she was angry. She needs to work on her anger management.

John
Old Oct 04, 2010, 07:53 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto View Post
Man, I would have gone to the building manager to get access to the top of the building or found a way up there. I loved my micro Sukhoi, right up until my wife crushed it when she was angry. She needs to work on her anger management.

John
yah I told him to do that but he never did. go figure

haha sounds a lot like my wife. I'd have charged her $100 and gotten a new one
Old Oct 04, 2010, 09:08 PM
Winchester VA
Joined Nov 2006
231 Posts
Nice job on the video, etc. Got my cam from p51p51 also.
tclocs is online now Find More Posts by tclocs
Old Oct 06, 2010, 09:12 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
OK guys, this video is one heck of a lot better:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1318699

hope you enjoy!
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:43 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Super video and flying. This landing seemed a bit more rough then the first one you videoed. It looks nice there with the trees turning colors. All of the trees here in AL are still green. The weather just finally dropped into the 40s at night but still in the 80 during the daytime.
John
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:57 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto View Post
Super video and flying. This landing seemed a bit more rough then the first one you videoed. It looks nice there with the trees turning colors. All of the trees here in AL are still green. The weather just finally dropped into the 40s at night but still in the 80 during the daytime.
John
thanks. believe it or not that landing (from my perspective) was a good big smoother than the one in the first video. you should have seen the most recent landing . bent the front gear something good, even left a tire print in the belly.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 06:58 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
I despise when I land my planes hard or crash for that matter. It always means more work and less flying. I would much rather build a new plane then have to repair an older one even though I repair my planes until they cannot be repaired anymore from weight or incorrect flight surface.

In the first video it really looked like you landed smooth but the latest video the plane appeared to have hit rather hard. I guess that goes to show, believe nothing of what you read and half of what you see, LOL.

Nice work on mounting the cam and good flying.

TFS

John