HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by beladog, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 02, 2010, 03:52 AM
There's A Hack For That.
United States, CA, Del Mar
Joined Oct 2008
418 Posts
FAQ
HD FPV Camera Instructions

Instructions and tips for operating the
Hd Fpv Camera

AHD+/PRO models
1). Plug the Video (Yellow) servo connector into your video display device (i.e. Video Transmitter, OSD or adapted A/V cables provided with your camera). Take note of the wire color. Black is ground and White is video signal wire. Please make sure they match the receiving plug. Installing these backward will damage your camera and void warranty.

2). Plug the Audio (black, female housing) connector into your Audio receiving device (i.e.video transmitter or adapted A/V cable provided with your camera). Take note of the wire color. Red is Ground and White is Audio signal wire.

3).Plug the Red Power Plug into your power source (i.e. on board receiver or any 4.8V source (5VMax).

4).instal the loose "control knob" microchip into the main camera housing if it is not already installed, so it is centered on the housing.

5). Depress the small button on the end of the black twisted wires. If this is wrapped inside of heatshrink tubing, pinch with fingers until a small click is felt. At this point two Blue LED indicator lights on the small removable "control knob" chip should be lit up solid.
Pro models will have one blue led lit.

6)*. (See 6.1 below for Pro models)
Access "A/V Out" function and "ready" your camera (A-HD+ models) by pressing the control knob "Down Once", then press "In Once".
If your camera is attached to an A/V source you should now see a live picture from the camera's view.

6.1)
PRO MODELS

These models use the same menus but different control board chips.
For the pro models the user must press the toggle switch (with lens facing sky) "down" towards the sd card and cable exits, then depress the toggle inwards to activate the video out. If your camera is attached to an A/V source you should now see a live picture from the camera's view. please return to step 6.2 now.

6.2)
If your camera is not attached to an A/V source with a monitor, the best way to tell if you have performed the activation sequence correctly is to depress the white button located on top of your camera next to the Mic and IR sensor. For Pro models the record button is the one on the thin end of the control board chip.
If the above sequence was performed properly the two blue lights should now be flashing indicating "Recording" has begun(Ahd+ models). Pro models will have one blinking blue light.
To stop recording simply depress the white button on top of the camera once and the lights should resume a solid "on".
The camera is now in "standby" mode and is ready to resume recording when you are ready.
The small control knob chip can now be removed if desired for better aerodynamics or proper fitment into tight fuses. The chipset can be reinstalled or removed at will to access menue functions (if you do not have the remote) or to just confirm all is well if you are not using a monitor and cannot "see" what the camera is doing.
Repeat the "activation" sequence any time the power to the camera is turned on.

*Note: All the above steps and functions can be performed from the remote (both models). If you do not have a remote you can order one from me or purchase one directly from Aiptek for around $10.00. I prefer the "no remote" method as above when at the field, (IR and sunlight dont mix),but it is nice to sit back on your couch and watch the vids with the remote when you are done.

7).Recording. Once the camera is “readied”, simply press the white button on top od the camera next to the IR sensor and Mic. Once depressed you will see a REC. Time stamp on the monitor indicating recording, this will not be visible on the recorded file.
To stop Recording simply depress the same button and the recording will stop.

8). When you are finished recording and ready to unplug or turn the camera off, allow the camera to properly "finalize" the video by depressing the white button on top of the camera about 5 seconds before turning the camera off. Failure to do so may cause the loss of the last few seconds of your video. In worst case scenarios I have lost just over 1 minute of recording...just enough to miss that sweet hand catch landing, or worse, the amazing crash and resulting laughter from my friends.

8). Once the camera is back in Standbye mode and you are finished recording, power to the camera should again be shut off and the camera allowed to cool down. The camera will heat up if the airflow over the covering is not constant. I have yet to experiance a thermal shutdown and have left these on for hours on end, but it is good practice and a sure way to ensure years of problem free service from your new toy.

9). Advanced menue and playback options can be accessed once the camera is attached to a monitor either by using the adapted A/V cables provided with your camera and plugging into the nearest television (prefered), or through your FPV monitor or video googgles.
Simply follow the procedure for "activation" in step 6 and then once you have a live picture on the screen, access the menu by pressing the small button on the upper left of the "control knob" chip (same for Pro model). There you will find the main playback and record menue.
Pressing the lower left button on the "control knob" chip will access the camera menu with feature functions as listed below.

Some key features available are

* White balancing functions (I prefer mine at the "0" range)

* Icon On/Off

* Video Resolution functions: I prefer my setting at 720P@60fps but many have had amazing results with the 1080P@30fps mode. There are three other modes available that all work great.

* Auto off function. I have set all the cameras to "Off" as this is a useless feature and could have devastating effects if flying FPV.

*There are many more features and I recommend playing with the camera while its plugged into your television and familiarize yourself with all the functions before your first flight with the camera. There is no worse feeling than thinking you are filming the most perfect flight and beautiful sunset, only to get home and realize it did not record.

Playback Options.
*You can remove and use the SD card for playback on your PC or Laptop if you have a card reader. These can be found for less that $10.00
*You can use the adapted A/V cables provided with your camera to watch the videos on any monitor with A/V- RCA inputs. Simply follow the procedure for "activation" in step (6) then, once you have a live picture on the screen, access the menu by pressing the small button on the upper left of the "control knob" chip. There you will find the main playback and record menu.
Pressing the lower left button on the "control knob" chip will access the camera menu with feature functions as listed above in step (9)

As always, if you have any questions or concerns...or just want to offer an opinion or Idea, I am here to help. Contact me anytime and leave me a brief message with a number I can reach you at, and I will return your call ASAP.
Thanks again for purchasing my camera. I am sure it will provide many hours of crazy fun. And please drop by my YouTube site and share your experiences and videos with me. Search YouTube for "TheBeladog".

Sincerely,

Jake Smith
mobile (858) 342-5796
email: reobela@yahoo.com

Snail:
Jake Smith
14220 Minorca Cove
Del Mar, CA, 92014

beladog is offline Find More Posts by beladog
Last edited by beladog; Aug 18, 2011 at 12:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts