SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 30, 2010, 03:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
130 Posts
Discussion
Has anyone noticed that the posts here are either on point or about nothing?

I have been noticing a flurry of postings that really don't mean anything and seem to be used as a distraction or attempt to push the more contraversial government/society posts down into the lower pages.

Now, everyone has right to post here, so I am not challenging that.

What I am challenging is the usefulness of the postints? 'Cow woried because beef tastes good' , Ball-game scores ... so the SF Giants winning the West is will make the trade defecit with China better or stop young boys from being molested by NAMBLA members, or I got a hug from an American woman is going to make U.S. Governemt honest and serve the people...

OK OK, so I am taking my rhetoric too seriously, but I am fighting for America, not diversion/division. I am not posting here to make you happy; hopefully its making you think and get angry enough to do something about it!

Well, I will keep up the pressure and do my best!

Jonathan
FireryPhoenix is offline Find More Posts by FireryPhoenix
Old Sep 30, 2010, 04:11 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
And where should we be posting the off topic issues that you don't consider relevant?

Pete
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Sep 30, 2010, 04:14 PM
"Cracking Toast Grommit!"
Sanford, NC
Joined Feb 2005
679 Posts
Keep at it,
it's working.
metalbuggy is offline Find More Posts by metalbuggy
Old Sep 30, 2010, 04:16 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchiessCo View Post
And where should we be posting the off topic issues that you don't consider relevant?

Pete
chit chat
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 30, 2010, 04:17 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Paranoia will destroy ya!

The L in LTUP is for Life. The U in LTUP is for Universe. Only the P is for politics.

Fighting for America on LTUP? There's a delusion if I've ever heard one. You do realize that almost no one changes their opinions on this forum, right?
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Last edited by thunder1; Sep 30, 2010 at 04:22 PM.
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
130 Posts
Quote:

Pete
No no no, I am not attacking the posts or their inherint content, its just that when something contriversial or revealing happens that embarrasses either side, that side will post a flurry of misdirection posts to counter the popular topics of discussion.

I should say, that 80% of the postings over the last few months have been anti-government control.

There are members here that have discernable patterns. I am good a pickiing up patterns and I thought I would just ask the question.

Its not a 'right' or 'left' thing as both sides do it.

For if Tea Party leader were caught in a sex scandle, I would probably posts about things as far removed from it as possible.

Its human nature to do these things

I know come the week leading up to Nov 2, this place is going to go crazy left and crazy right... it will be interesting

Jonathan
FireryPhoenix is offline Find More Posts by FireryPhoenix
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,678 Posts
This is not intended to be a single topic US political discussion forum for people on the extreme fringes. if you want to post on such a forum I'm sure there are plenty to choose from..
When you keep banging on about America going down the pan you are overlooking the fact that this is a forum with global membership. Maybe some people get a bit tired of every other thread being about extremist US party politics, most threads that are not on US politics are hijacked by post#3.

Some of the other threads like the "steak stresses cows....." Are clearly protest posts against the constant bible thumping internet evangelism that is another repetitive theme here... Some posters appear almost incapable of posting anything other than bible quotes, as if they can’t form sentences of their own. I wonder if they actually communicate that way in 'real life'?
I have formed a mental image of some of these guys; in my image they stand on street corners with sandwich boards reading 'repent sinners' and yelling bible jibberish as passers by, arms waving and spittle flying

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Last edited by JetPlaneFlyer; Sep 30, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 04:18 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
chit chat
Chit Chat is dead. Besides, I don't think the Chitchatters are into guns, booze and hotrods.
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Sep 30, 2010, 04:20 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Chit Chat is dead. Besides, I don't think the Chitchatters are into guns, booze and hotrods.
Threads are also moderated by the thread starter.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Sep 30, 2010, 04:23 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
touché
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Old Sep 30, 2010, 04:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Hi Johnathan , I do beleive your "Mission" here to be an honorable one . Most of the threads you start are informative , and highly relevant to the goings on in America today . The problem is , you start SO many "Bad News" threads that its become sort of commonplace . Once people are no longer shocked by the content of your missives , you have lost them in the sense that they just see it as "Oh , another the world is ending post from Johnathan , business as usual" . I dont think people are trying to "surpress" your threads by starting non urgent threads , I think they are looking for a bit of releif from all the Doom and Gloom . I realize you think things are about to crumble here in the USA , but rest assured - when America goes down , the rest of the world will go down as well - and yes that includes Mexico !

Oh , and let me take care of this one myself .............Jesus loves YOU
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Old Sep 30, 2010, 04:28 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Hi Johnathan , I do beleive your "Mission" here to be an honorable one . Most of the threads you start are informative , and highly relevant to the goings on in America today . The problem is , you start SO many "Bad News" threads that its become sort of commonplace . Once people are no longer shocked by the content of your missives , you have lost them in the sense that they just see it as "Oh , another the world is ending post from Johnathan , business as usual" . I dont think people are trying to "surpress" your threads by starting non urgent threads , I think they are looking for a bit of releif from all the Doom and Gloom . I realize you think things are about to crumble here in the USA , but rest assured - when America goes down , the rest of the world will go down as well - and yes that includes Mexico !

Oh , and let me take care of this one myself .............Jesus loves YOU
+1 ..... Soooo many threads
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Sep 30, 2010, 04:29 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
Q: Has anyone noticed that the posts here are either on point or about nothing?

A: Yes, that's why I come here.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Sep 30, 2010, 04:35 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
firererererererereerererereeryphonix....... i only notice your posts
lymon is online now Find More Posts by lymon
Old Sep 30, 2010, 04:47 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
A conspiracy theory about posting a baseball thread, with maybe two pages of responses, is blocking the wild and crazy angst and anger and conspiracy, America is going to hell and has turned away from God threads from exposure? You are really reaching there Jonathan.

I skip right by most of your and MtnGoats threads just like any other day. Someone is actually doing something, like writing a book, watching baseball pennant races, rewiring something, getting bird doo or bug guts off their car paint, yes, that is much more interesting and way much more grounded in reality than crazy repetitive posts that disparage my country and half its population, yes, that is how most of the posts here are reading.

I have a solution, I will start the threads I want to, and so can everyone else. Within the rules of course. Feel free to criticize them, until now, seeing the few posts not started by zealots disappear into oblivion quickly, perhaps we need to be bumping these non ranting, non obsessive posts, which is within the rules, to get them back to page one.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop