SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Roswalt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 08:41 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 94
Sold
Hobby Lobby F-35 VT Wreckage

Popped a wing off mid-roll and the rest is history... I have to say this was one of my favorite jets to fly. The only negative was the enormous glide envelope, which is also a positive in a lot of ways. Thing just wants to float forever!

Anyhow, this is for the wreckage. It was an angled nose in crash, so everything important survived in good condition, including the wing that came off - It landed safely nearby about 2 minutes later. Main Retracts are great - Nose retract may have some minor damage but appears serviceable. Power unit is 70mm EDF with powerful brushless motor and 45A ESC w/ BEC. All Servos are good to go - I think there are 11 of them? A lot, anyway!

Take your best vulture pick at this thing, take what you need. I was going to save it and rebuild, but this is a pretty popular model and HL is sold out through the end of October, plus the airframe alone is nearly $140. If you need a spare parts jet, this is perfect. Don't know what to ask for this, it was $280 new, but obviously that doesn't count for much now! Best offer will take it!
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2010, 09:49 AM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Got a few offers, I think about $75 shipped is a fair price. I'll have to pop the wing and stabs off for shipping, but don't expect any significant issues with that. The nose crumbles are in the trash right now, but if you want them let me know and I'll dig them out.

I want to get this thing shipped out in the next couple of days, so let me know if you're interested!
Old Oct 01, 2010, 11:20 AM
Fabrication Extraordinaire!
United States, MI, Niles
Joined Mar 2008
986 Posts
Trader Rating: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt View Post
Got a few offers, I think about $75 shipped is a fair price. I'll have to pop the wing and stabs off for shipping, but don't expect any significant issues with that. The nose crumbles are in the trash right now, but if you want them let me know and I'll dig them out.

I want to get this thing shipped out in the next couple of days, so let me know if you're interested!
I would go $50 shipped.

I do not need the airframe. If you can carefully remove the stuff from the carcass to minimize box size and make it more affordable to ship I will take all of the guts (gear,servos,esc, edf etc...)from it? I would also like the pilot and canopy! He is still alive, right???
flyinjrc74 is offline Find More Posts by flyinjrc74
Old Oct 01, 2010, 12:04 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Haha, Yes sir, the pilot survived and actually it's kind of cool how he "ejected" along with the seat! You have a PM on the way.
Old Oct 03, 2010, 07:56 AM
USA, NJ, East Windsor
Joined Jun 2010
42 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I'll go $75 shipped.

And if you could dig out the nose stuff, I'd like that as well.
linuxgurugamer is offline Find More Posts by linuxgurugamer
Last edited by linuxgurugamer; Oct 03, 2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: added 2nd line
Old Oct 03, 2010, 08:03 AM
swede
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined Aug 2005
3,835 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
Did you get my PM last week?
denial15 is offline Find More Posts by denial15
Old Oct 03, 2010, 04:36 PM
swede
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined Aug 2005
3,835 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
Payment sent. Thank you Sir.
denial15 is offline Find More Posts by denial15
Old Oct 03, 2010, 08:13 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Sold! Thanks a lot, will get to packing it up!
Closed Thread