Closed Thread
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:49 PM
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Dec 2003
220 Posts
Discussion
Just an Idea that may help with some many questions from Newbies

Hey Guys,
Hope all are having a good day today, it's sure nice here at home in TN. today!

This info may already be on the forum somewhere, but I and I'm sure others like me just don't know how to find it or search out the proper info. I got the idea was from R/C Timers with the products that they sell. There's always all sorts of info on the products they sell mainly motor where they may say "and this combo (Motor and ESC) would be a perfect set up for this plane (Enter any plane here as the weight without the electronics is what would be what a newbie would be looking for. Just place a bunch of plane weights in and then the info needed to get it in the air in a Mild to Wild manner.

Just say I wanted to build a plane that weighs in at 10 - 20 ozs. (Just a starting place with a weight if some kind .

Being a NEWBIE myself this is where I have the most trouble of all, knowing what to buy for any airplane I build . Say I'm building a 20 oz. plane the only way I know what to buy is if I bug you guys do death asking questions on Motor size, where the good deals are, the same with the esc., what prop to buy and so on. There could even be a mild to wild choice in the thread somewhere maybe? If this could be done it would be a HUGE help for the pilot and at the same time ease up on you guys at asking all the stupid questions that most "Electric Pilots" know right off the top of their head!

The only problem I see with this is someone taking the time and effort to get this done, it wouldn;t be an easy job but think it may be worth while in the long run and may even make a good sticky????

Well, Just something I thought of while looking through the R/C Timers website and the info the give on about everything they sell is really impresive!! I use RC timers when I have a few bucks to spend and need things like some foam safe glue and a couple more of the Corona full range mini RX's, I think it called the Corona 410 4 channel, what a deal at 11.00 bucks or something like that...

Well, Thoughts, Comments, what do you think?? I know I would love it and could give you guys a break maybe (Along with other pilots that are new to electrics.

Thanks guys and shoot me some feedback on this please. Have I lost what;s left of this ole mind of mine or is it possible and do you think it would work??

Thanks Ya'll,
Best Regards,
Ben

PS, Does anyone remember the older "Pro Trainer" Kit??? It was a 3 channel plane Ruddr, Elevtor and throttlen and designed by a Man named Mke Taylor, who has sadly passed away. He was one heck of a pilot and I'd love to find a set of plans for the plane and downsize to 50%, with Bluecore or Depron it would make one heck of a foamie!! If you do happen to have set I'd sure be interested!

Thanks again all!!
Ben
Ben Morrow is offline Find More Posts by Ben Morrow
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:56 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,654 Posts
Well since you're in the battery section its not hard to find good info on the subject has the top threads of this section are STICKYS and have plenty of info.

Its much easier for the person like you to search out the info needed or ask. It a fact that even if there were such a thread of information MOST do not like to read threw long and or many threads BUT rather simply ask and be told the answer.

So does with the information that COULD post such a thread do not bother to do so AND I do not blame them.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Sep 29, 2010, 01:01 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
There are forums for most every possible area of RC here on RC Groups and all have Stickys which cover the FAQ ,etc. problem is that most still little time doing any looking / searching. Most feel their time is to valuable to do thier own research.

A great place for begimers to start is here

http://www.rcgroups.com/beginner-tra...ft-electric-8/

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Sep 29, 2010, 02:35 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Morrow View Post
Say I'm building a 20 oz. plane the only way I know what to buy is if I bug you guys do death asking questions on Motor size, where the good deals are, the same with the esc., what prop to buy and so on. There could even be a mild to wild choice in the thread somewhere maybe?

The only problem I see with this is someone taking the time and effort to get this done
The main problem I see with this is that the favourite motors/ESCs/batteries change almost week by week and the best deals change even faster. So even if anyone did want to put all that effort in it would be out of date before they'd even had time to post it.

A vendor can make a reasonable attempt for the limited range of gear they sell but trying to do it for the thousands of different motors, ESCs etc in the world would be pretty impossible.

But when you get a bit more experience you could always put it together help all those who will be following you .

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Sep 29, 2010, 02:46 PM
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Dec 2003
220 Posts
Thanks Steve,
I'm trying to figure out right not how to delete the thread. It may take a few mins, as I'm new to this stuff, it was just an idea anyway..

Thanks Buddy,
Ben
Ben Morrow is offline Find More Posts by Ben Morrow
Closed Thread