HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2011, 08:19 PM
Rc Flying is my Sanity!
United States, CA, San Jacinto
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
steveO...you don't need a programming card....OrionPax posted this video in post #191...back in the early days. The guy is programming a heli but the procedure is still the same, as it worked for me.
One ESC came with timing advanced and the other was not...
+1 one on that video, Had to program mine so the brake was off.....
Fast_Eddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast_Eddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:03 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,424 Posts
I just put my 310 us up for sale, for local pickup.

It's a fun flyer as you guy's know but I need to clear some space for another warbird...hopefully a P-38.

This is a good group, as I learned a few things along the way.

I thank all who contributed.
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:15 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
maidened mine today,it was awsome. eflite retract worked great and looked awsome opening and closing in flight,i dailed the flaps with elev that the plane stays level in mid and full flaps
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:09 PM
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Aug 2010
127 Posts
I am flying off an organized club field that does get mowed regular (Still end up with grass 1 1/2 in and higher between mowings). Props clip the tops of the grass. I changed the wheels to 2" lightweight wheels and that helped. Now I can taxi in the grass. I added an air scoop to the battery door and cut a couple of exit holes just aft of the wing to let the air out. The air scoop is made from a blister pack that twin pink erasers came in from Walmart. (97 cents) I left enough flange on to glue to the battery door with the glue that came with the plane. Works very well. ( I will post a picture this evening. ) I am running the stock props. Haven't seem a need to change them so far. Gee this thing looks great in the air and flies nice. Was out last night in pretty heavy wind. It got blown around some but was still controllable and has power to spare. I have a couple of new batteries on the way. Gonna try some 2200 mAH 25C and 3000 mAH 30C to see how the performance changes. Right now I fly at half throttle most of the time and it has no problem with loops at half throttle. With the bigger battery I will see how well it goes vertical.
winginman is offline Find More Posts by winginman
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:56 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
maidened mine today,it was awsome. eflite retract worked great and looked awsome opening and closing in flight,i dailed the flaps with elev that the plane stays level in mid and full flaps

Keep in mind the plane will be going much slower when you actually use the flaps on landing so you may not need any elevator mixing and if the nose wants to flair slightly thats a good thing. I have 40% flaps and need no mixing at all.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:00 AM
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Aug 2010
127 Posts
Here are a few pictures of my GC. Note the wheels in the grass at the field. Those were 1 3/4" wheels. I have now moved up to 2" wheels. Much better on the grass. Other pictures show the battery door air scoop. air exit holes in bottom of fuselage and T-28 nose gear mod.
winginman is offline Find More Posts by winginman
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:45 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Winginman, thx for the info on the grass and the wheels,that clears things up for me for sure.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 07:26 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
I just put my 310 us up for sale, for local pickup.

It's a fun flyer as you guy's know but I need to clear some space for another warbird...hopefully a P-38.

This is a good group, as I learned a few things along the way.

I thank all who contributed.
Say it aint so Joe..... We'll miss your contributions
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Jun 27, 2011, 02:44 PM
Gary, IN, USA
Joined Jul 1999
991 Posts
Encountered a power problem before going to the field for the maiden flight and don't see anything similar in these threads;
I used the manual instructions, transmitter operation and ESC program card to make sure both ESCs were setup right. Then I disconnected both ESC red wires to the receiver and installed a single separate switching BEC. I am using a 4s2600 A123 battery.
Powering up to 100% was perfect synched both motors; After 30 seconds, the right motor began to slow down and stopped in about 10 seconds. I brought the throttle to OFF and then went to 100% again.... the initial power operation repeated...and then I did it again with the same result for a 3rd time. Unplugged the battery. The right ESC didn't seem warm nor was the airway obstructed. Only the right motor has this problem. The ESCs are the stock ones that came with the kit.
Both motors will run in synch up to 50% throttle without a problem. If I go higher, the right motor begins to sag, but if I bring the throttle back to 50% it works OK.
Anyone else experiance this?
Jim Petro is offline Find More Posts by Jim Petro
Old Jun 27, 2011, 03:35 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,737 Posts
Jim;
Likely a poor solder joint (anywhere there is one, Including the ALL the wire points on the ESC, or a bad ESC. I'd check solder first.
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Jun 27, 2011, 04:07 PM
Gary, IN, USA
Joined Jul 1999
991 Posts
The good news is that I didn't find out about this 30 seconds into the 1st flight. Extra good was that we had 140 visitors at the club field for our "try to fly Rc" fly-in and this maiden would have set a poor example.
Jim Petro is offline Find More Posts by Jim Petro
Old Jun 27, 2011, 04:32 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
i was getting ready to fly mine yesturday, right when i was on the runway i decided to do another preflight. so on preflight #2 alieron servo decides to take a crap,glad i decided to do a last min check
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old Jun 28, 2011, 09:08 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
Say it aint so Joe..... We'll miss your contributions
NW...Thanks, I appreciate that.

I'll be dropping to see how things are going, as im interested to see how the new factory installed retracts work out.
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Jun 28, 2011, 09:20 AM
Rc Flying is my Sanity!
United States, CA, San Jacinto
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
Jim;
Likely a poor solder joint (anywhere there is one, Including the ALL the wire points on the ESC, or a bad ESC. I'd check solder first.

I had a cold solder joint on my port esc. sometimes would power, sometimes not. re-soldered all the joints.....
Fast_Eddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast_Eddy
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:56 AM
new zealand
Joined Sep 2003
1,039 Posts
first flight with retracts today.
Awesome. Definitely worth the work. Flies better, looks better, highly recommended.
Landing with the flaps she just lands like a feather.
Wings twist a bit in turbulent air. Anyone have a method to stiffen the wing torsionaly?
Cheers
Glen
glen is offline Find More Posts by glen