HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2011, 09:51 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorrock View Post
We have the lastest version of the grand cruiser coming into stock this week.
These come with retracts factory fitted and extra servos for the flaps.
PnP version only, though we have WFLY radios for those who really want RTF
damn i just purchased one last week from nitroplanes.
on a side note: i had emailed you guys, requesting an "email alert" when you where going to have them in stock ,i never got a response.
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2011, 10:44 PM
Global Hobby Store
Brisbane
Joined Jan 2007
1,116 Posts
Sandman... Thanks for letting me know.. That email alert is automatic though and gets triggered when I add the stock to the backend.. Best bet is to just email me at info@rcwarez.com if you have any questions...
The 310's are coming with some of their new planes.. (i've started a thread in the warbirds section)...

Rob
rorrock is offline Find More Posts by rorrock
Old Jun 05, 2011, 02:13 AM
new zealand
Joined Sep 2003
1,038 Posts
maiden

Just joining in. Maidened my plane this morning. Totally stock setup plus flaps. The maiden went great and will get retracts asap. Very cool plane, my first with tricycle landing gear and fist twin.
Lands at a crawl with flaps down and a little throttle. Rolls were pretty slow.
Have to confess the way I move my park fliers around would rip the tanks off the ends of the wings so I converted it to conventional style wing tips.
Getting this was to satisfy two whims. One is that I've wanted a twin that looked a bit like the beech baron (hence changing wing tips) for years and secondly flying a twin is preparation for getting a DH Mosquito.

Still a little concerned about having two becs supplying power at the same time but will install ubec with retracts.
Two take offs and landings with flaps, 6 minutes 10 seconds flying, 1010 mah out fo the 2200mah batteries. Cool.
Cheers
Glen
glen is offline Find More Posts by glen
Last edited by glen; Jun 05, 2011 at 02:47 AM.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 07:45 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,118 Posts
Congratulation Glen on your successful maiden fly.
Put retract on this bird will worth of every penny.
whatala is online now Find More Posts by whatala
Old Jun 05, 2011, 03:03 PM
British Columbia, Canada
Joined Jul 2009
280 Posts
We have the lastest version of the grand cruiser coming into stock this week.
These come with retracts factory fitted and extra servos for the flaps.
PnP version only, though we have WFLY radios for those who really want RTF

Just Ordered one of the the latest versions from rcwarez...has anyone else
got one of the newer 310`s on order?

This is my first order with this company...hope all goes well
scoby1 is online now Find More Posts by scoby1
Old Jun 05, 2011, 05:40 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Sandman... Thanks for letting me know.. That email alert is automatic though and gets triggered when I add the stock to the backend.. Best bet is to just email me at info@rcwarez.com if you have any questions...
The 310's are coming with some of their new planes.. (i've started a thread in the warbirds section)...

Rob
Got a link to that PBY Sir?
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old Jun 05, 2011, 06:29 PM
Global Hobby Store
Brisbane
Joined Jan 2007
1,116 Posts
Here is the thread about it and the spitfire..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1449265

Rob
Old Jun 05, 2011, 08:24 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Smash View Post
The container is in Savannah, GA. Only a 6hr truck ride to Grayson Hobby. Now lets see how long the customs delay will be.

We have more wings, wing tips (as dynam call em), props, etc

Also, the new Dynam P-51 with factory installed retracts
Thanks for the update Basil.
Oh, and just as Orion asked, are you getting any PBY's?
I dont see any mention of them on your website.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Last edited by Naval Warfare; Jun 05, 2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 03:55 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,623 Posts
the cat looks sweet
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Jun 08, 2011, 09:50 PM
GRAYSON HOBBY
Grayson, GA
Joined Oct 2003
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
Thanks for the update Basil.
Oh, and just as Orion asked, are you getting any PBY's?
I dont see any mention of them on your website.
yes, we are getting the PBYs and a few cases of the dynam retracts for their planes. They will be about 1/10 the e-flites price

I just finalized the order today
Lt.Smash is offline Find More Posts by Lt.Smash
Old Jun 08, 2011, 10:05 PM
Global Hobby Store
Brisbane
Joined Jan 2007
1,116 Posts
PBY's will land today week at out warehouse...
as will the new model Grand Cruisers with Retracts and flap servos included as standard...

Rob
Old Jun 08, 2011, 10:21 PM
Gary, IN, USA
Joined Jul 1999
940 Posts
My C310 (Grand Cruiser) arrived this afternoon. Beautiful smooth skin. However, mine must have been shipped from China at the bottom of the heap. The top sides the nacelles and the fuselage sides at the wing have noticeable depressions that match the cardboard corrigations. I hope that careful application of steam will make them rise and return to a smooth skin. The prop shafts were poked through into the outer shipping box.
This is my 50th aniversary gift from my favorite woman (UPS shipping notice says "given to customers woman"). I partially stuck it together so she could get an idea of what I bought, and she remarked "It's big and looks nice."...refering now to the C310, fellas.
I've read all the comments and recommendations. The included props are very nice, but this will be counter-rotating. Power will be 4s2600 A123 cells. Wing and tail will be stiffened with CF and 3M Extreme tape. Retracts and flaps will be installed. Paint?
O boy O boy!
Jim Petro is offline Find More Posts by Jim Petro
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:18 AM
GRAYSON HOBBY
Grayson, GA
Joined Oct 2003
1,087 Posts
Quote:
PBY's will land today week at out warehouse...
as will the new model Grand Cruisers with Retracts and flap servos included as standard...

Rob
Interesting as Dynam has just stated the PBY will not be ready until July..
Lt.Smash is offline Find More Posts by Lt.Smash
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:32 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Petro View Post
My C310 (Grand Cruiser) arrived this afternoon. Beautiful smooth skin. However, mine must have been shipped from China at the bottom of the heap. The top sides the nacelles and the fuselage sides at the wing have noticeable depressions that match the cardboard corrigations. I hope that careful application of steam will make them rise and return to a smooth skin. The prop shafts were poked through into the outer shipping box.
This is my 50th aniversary gift from my favorite woman (UPS shipping notice says "given to customers woman"). I partially stuck it together so she could get an idea of what I bought, and she remarked "It's big and looks nice."...refering now to the C310, fellas.
I've read all the comments and recommendations. The included props are very nice, but this will be counter-rotating. Power will be 4s2600 A123 cells. Wing and tail will be stiffened with CF and 3M Extreme tape. Retracts and flaps will be installed. Paint?
O boy O boy!
Congrats on your acquisition and your 50 years together.

A couple of questions, why counter rotating props? The real one didn't and its not necessary on this one.
Also, why 4s? I may have missed it if someone on here has used 4s but I am pretty sure the stock electronics can't handle it.

I do recommend putting in a carbon spar. It saved my plane on a very bad maiden. Other than the spar I would suggest building it just as it came in the box and run a 3s battery that is 2200 mAh or better with a 30c rating or better. I tried all this "Fix It" mess with a BEC and such, and it crashed out the gate. I put everything back to stock and flew it as it came out the box and haven't looked back. Not saying that there aren't some issues people are having that need to be addressed but that is on a case by case basis. From the factory, my firewalls are glued on solid, my thrust line is correct and both escs work with their red wires plugged in. The motors are loud but they work just fine. Personally I would like to see some stats on this bearing swapping just to see if there is any gain to be had out of the effort.

If you really want to enjoy this plane, treat her like your wife, take her as is and go fly. Women like a little make up so a paint job of preference is highly recommended but the rules on this thread is that you have to provide pictures if you repaint her and video of the flight is desirable.

Have fun and again congratulations on both the anniversary and the plane.
Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Jun 09, 2011, 07:37 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Smash View Post
Interesting as Dynam has just stated the PBY will not be ready until July..
Maybe the first run is sold out and July will be the second run.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax