HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2011, 10:00 AM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
A friend I fly with lost signal to his Yak a couple times while using a DX7 radio system and both times when we were picking up the pieces the Rx was blinking instead of a steady light like it's supposed to be.
" I use a separate Bec, TX (DX6i) was at 5.3 volts. Batt was at 4 volts when I checked it."

I have no personal experience with Spekrum stuff, but I have read in numerous forms that 2.4 receivers do not like voltage any less than 4 volts..Especially Spekrum. Futaba says 3.5v minimum. Probably a good chance that under load, your voltage to the receiver was below 4volts and the receiver took a momentary "dump".
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2011, 08:36 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
" I use a separate Bec, TX (DX6i) was at 5.3 volts. Batt was at 4 volts when I checked it."

I have no personal experience with Spekrum stuff, but I have read in numerous forms that 2.4 receivers do not like voltage any less than 4 volts..Especially Spekrum. Futaba says 3.5v minimum. Probably a good chance that under load, your voltage to the receiver was below 4volts and the receiver took a momentary "dump".
who's to say.I didnt have a screwdriver on me to disassemble it, and I had to pull the batt since I didnt know what may be about to burst into flames.
Sooooo, I have no idea if the rx was blinking or not. I've gotten all the way into an LVC state and not lost a spektrum signal.Especially with a ubec.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old May 13, 2011, 09:29 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
who's to say.I didnt have a screwdriver on me to disassemble it, and I had to pull the batt since I didnt know what may be about to burst into flames.
Sooooo, I have no idea if the rx was blinking or not. I've gotten all the way into an LVC state and not lost a spektrum signal.Especially with a ubec.

Having a ubec in won't help at all if the Rx looses signal with the Tx and from the sounds of it I would guess that's what happened.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old May 13, 2011, 11:42 AM
Modesto, California USA
Joined Jan 2004
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
Having a ubec in won't help at all if the Rx looses signal with the Tx and from the sounds of it I would guess that's what happened.
Umm......Again. Spektrum at the scene of a who dunnit.
Holtenbacker is offline Find More Posts by Holtenbacker
Old May 15, 2011, 11:35 AM
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sioannid View Post
Dear friends I have a problem with one of my motors. My cessna came with two 30A escs. Yesterday, fortunately on the ground while testing, one of my motors started to loose and gain power then stop and start and making sounds like the esc was reseting. Then it started to make a constand beep, beep.

I disconnected and reconnected the battery and the problem persisted.

I searched the internet and I found a pdf file that explains how to program the esc with the transmiter, and I reprogrammed it. (the pdf works fine so I attached it).

The two motor start simultaneously, they even reach max RPM, but the problem persists.

Nothing gets hot or even warm since the problem happens at the beginning of the operation.

Is it the ESC or the motor?

Please help!

Stavros
Today I tested both escs and motors and one esc created the same problem with both motors, so I concluded that the esc was the problem.

Then I opened the shrink tube that was covering the bad esc to see if there was an obvious problem. The one of the two aluminium plates used to cool down the esc was too close to the nacked electric sircuitry and stuck in place with weak two sided adhesive film. I placed it correctly and covered the esc with the apropriate shrink tube.

Miracle!! The bad esc works fine again

I tested 3 batteries full throtle and everything works like a clock.
sioannid is offline Find More Posts by sioannid
Old May 16, 2011, 10:06 PM
Rc Flying is my Sanity!
United States, CA, San Jacinto
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sioannid View Post
Today I tested both escs and motors and one esc created the same problem with both motors, so I concluded that the esc was the problem.

Then I opened the shrink tube that was covering the bad esc to see if there was an obvious problem. The one of the two aluminium plates used to cool down the esc was too close to the nacked electric sircuitry and stuck in place with weak two sided adhesive film. I placed it correctly and covered the esc with the apropriate shrink tube.

Miracle!! The bad esc works fine again

I tested 3 batteries full throtle and everything works like a clock.
Only problem i came across on mine was that one of the esc's had a cold solder and some times would not power up. Re-soldered and all was well....
Fast_Eddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast_Eddy
Old May 17, 2011, 01:32 AM
It's all fun till Crunch!
InSane Diego
Joined Jan 2002
1,941 Posts
Does anyone on this thread know JakCharles personally?

If so what's happened tohim? several peeps have bought stuff and not received them yet.

Crunch
Capt. Crunch is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Crunch
Old May 19, 2011, 06:05 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,623 Posts
retracts options

what are a good inexpensive retract system that will work on this model.
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old May 19, 2011, 07:28 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
594 Posts
Got my Dynam Grand Cruiser last week. I bought it from nitroplanes and it arrived undamaged. I love this plane, it takes off nicely and as had been mentioned in this thread, it requires a little power on to land. One of my motors is a bit noisy but runs fine. The nose landing gear strut bends quite easily at the mounting plate, it's easy to take out and straighten though. I also found that one of the aileron servos stopped working while I was tinkering with the control throws. I did some trouble shooting and found the supplied y-harness bad, replaced with Hitec harness. The Dynam 2.4 radio that I got with the plane doesn't bind to the reciever consistantly. I didn't trust this radio so I am using my Spektrum Dx6i, the Dynam radio can go in one of my other planes! I have also put slightly large diameter wheels on the plane to help when flying on our grass field. I plan to upgrade to retracts so I will also add a seperate BEC. Although I have made a few modification I would highly recommend this plane.
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Old May 20, 2011, 01:53 AM
Joined Jan 2008
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
Any 1 try this b4?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15094
hippojia is offline Find More Posts by hippojia
Old May 20, 2011, 07:13 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,118 Posts
not myself and this is for jet, I order another set from pw-rc for 52.00 including shipping.
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala
Old May 20, 2011, 06:34 PM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
Page 29- post 423- will get you started..$30 and a little work to make one stearable...or just go with whatala said for probably the best deal..and least work..still don't see how phillip does it ...he's the man
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Old May 21, 2011, 07:26 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
1,969 Posts
one last time....

Sense this is the LAST day of earth think I will go flying one last time...If I owe anyone any money will pay you on Sunday
Old May 21, 2011, 07:48 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55 View Post
Sense this is the LAST day of earth think I will go flying one last time...If I owe anyone any money will pay you on Sunday
I will bring all my planes with me to the other side and fly
whatala is offline Find More Posts by whatala
Old May 21, 2011, 01:37 PM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
1,969 Posts
Won't need them cause i will be flying myself....