HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2011, 03:50 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2011
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
C...it's a fun bird to fly....I'll be back up in the air as soon as I fix that noisy motor....
I had to change a shaft also... I am getting a noise also. it seems that the shaft is a couple of thousands off because it runs smooth and pulls the same amps as the other. Think that the vibration is coming from the bearings. Interesting thing is the ones from grayson's do not seem to be the same quality as the ones from HK.

Neil
NeilDahl51 is offline Find More Posts by NeilDahl51
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2011, 04:35 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilDahl51 View Post
I had to change a shaft also... I am getting a noise also. it seems that the shaft is a couple of thousands off because it runs smooth and pulls the same amps as the other. Think that the vibration is coming from the bearings. Interesting thing is the ones from grayson's do not seem to be the same quality as the ones from HK.

Neil
N....I agree....I guess if I have any more issues with noisey motors, it might be easier just to replace them....
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old May 02, 2011, 06:04 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
N....I agree....I guess if I have any more issues with noisey motors, it might be easier just to replace them....
I concur, but with what? Ive been scouring HK but I'm an idiot and can't seem to find one.
I was hoping somebody would find, and suggest an alternate. I would rather not spend 25.00 for a motor that's gonna shortly take a dump on me.

On the shaft. I replaced one shaft with one from another motor and had no issues. I wonder why the replacements dont work as well.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Last edited by Naval Warfare; May 02, 2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old May 02, 2011, 07:42 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,035 Posts
Celm If you are good with your hands you can do what I did for $ 30...for your retracts...http://www.toysonics.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1
On page 29,post 425 this thread, is the manual for how to make one stearable, not real hard..

It is some work but cheap. I have had mine on for many landings and love them...the manual has PLENTY of pictures..
good luck , sanford
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Old May 02, 2011, 07:56 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
I concur, but with what? Ive been scouring HK but I'm an idiot and can't seem to find one.
I was hoping somebody would find, and suggest an alternate. I would rather not spend 25.00 for a motor that's gonna shortly take a dump on me.

On the shaft. I replaced one shaft with one from another motor and had no issues. I wonder why the replacements dont work as well.
NW...I can only imagine there not exactly the same diameter as the original seems to be a tighter fit.

I guess the problem going foward is can we find another motor with a similar threaded prop shaft configuration, or changing motors from a prop shaft with threads to a more conventional motor with a prop shaft adapter, thus changing the way the prop/spinner is installed.

The search is on.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2011, 08:45 AM
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
NW...I can only imagine there not exactly the same diameter as the original seems to be a tighter fit.

I guess the problem going foward is can we find another motor with a similar threaded prop shaft configuration, or changing motors from a prop shaft with threads to a more conventional motor with a prop shaft adapter, thus changing the way the prop/spinner is installed.

The search is on.
Thats the rub. Find threaded, (good luck with that) or toss em and start over.
I'm leaning towards the latter over the former, as it should be easier to find conventional replacements.
Old May 02, 2011, 09:37 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:

I'm considering the Tower Pro 2409-12 from Hobby King along with 7x6 props. That is one awesome little motor putting out 200 watts and with that prop about 18 amps (unloaded).
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old May 02, 2011, 01:19 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
got mine today and there is a problem. when i hand spin the left motor it sounds like metal rattling around, when i spin the rt motor i sound fine and normal.AHHHH i wanted to fly it this weekend
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old May 02, 2011, 03:36 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
got mine today and there is a problem. when i hand spin the left motor it sounds like metal rattling around, when i spin the rt motor i sound fine and normal.AHHHH i wanted to fly it this weekend
C...welcome to the world of Dynam......sorry that you encountered a motor problem already. I will say once you get past the normal BS with this airplane it is a fun twin to fly.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2011, 05:19 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
i got a hold of NP and there sending me out another motor
Old May 02, 2011, 05:24 PM
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
I'm considering the Tower Pro 2409-12 from Hobby King along with 7x6 props. That is one awesome little motor putting out 200 watts and with that prop about 18 amps (unloaded).
Thanks Ron. Got a link?
Old May 02, 2011, 06:17 PM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
are the light prewired or you have to wire them?
Old May 02, 2011, 06:35 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
are the light prewired or you have to wire them?
The LED's ARE NOT wired....they are glued in location just for looks.
bamaguy is online now Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old May 02, 2011, 08:39 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Ron. Got a link?

Here you go. I have this motor with a 7x6 prop in a Stryker, a Fun Jet, a Lancair ES, a Voodoo Mustang and my BD-5B.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=2046
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old May 03, 2011, 01:05 PM
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
Here you go. I have this motor with a 7x6 prop in a Stryker, a Fun Jet, a Lancair ES, a Voodoo Mustang and my BD-5B.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=2046
and you reckon it has the appopriate clearance from the shroud?